Requesting Tourist Beacon Data! Need Your Help Commanders!

Beacon 0633 has been fixed and now works properly. It's floating around the moon.
Distance: 1283 ls
Text: This crash site of what may be an alien spaceship is a popular destination for more adventurous tourists.
yjsUzYN.png

Last edited:
Interesting, I received this passenger mission from The Dark Wheel in SD, and it hadn't previously been logged?

Beacon: 0019
Name: Rare Waterworld
1581332499693.png

Last edited:
0003crowd of stars64 Piscium C
0004celestial Treasure69 Upsilon Tauri ABC 5i

#3 & #4 have been added too by the looks of things
Thanks to a ticket sent some months ago, we knew FDev were aware that some of the player-submitted beacons were missing and would randomly drop them in. Could be a good time to go back through the list of submitted, but not acknowledged beacons.

I'm reasonably certain that this beacon was placed in the wrong system. There's only one companion star and it's some 72k ls away, indistinguishable from the background skybox.

Attachments

• 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 0006_loc.jpg
    0006_loc.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 99
Thank you everyone for your new submissions!

I submitted a ticket to Frontier Support just under a year ago regarding a large number of missing beacons from the game - this opened up a dialogue where I explained the rationale behind why we as a community knew the beacons weren't actually present. Through a series of investigations by the support teams, it was discovered that these beacons were in fact missing - and would return to the game at a future date, which worked out to be right around now. It seems like some beacons are trickling back into the game now, as I've been receiving reports of many of these missing beacons showing up, often in systems that we've already checked for them (using patterns established by previous known beacons).

As a reminder, you can also submit beacons to the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...b8ecnJgJpDJhaMV8peGjAALQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

This link is also present at the top of the main sheet, here:

I'll be spending the next few minutes adding all your new submissions to the sheet!

I'm reasonably certain that this beacon was placed in the wrong system. There's only one companion star and it's some 72k ls away, indistinguishable from the background skybox.

In regards to this one specifically...
I've done a bit of investigation as we've got references saved to all submitted systems via the forums. This one was indeed submitted by Ozric in this specific system, see here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...urist-destinations.266046/page-6#post-4107928

However, Ozric's original description was about the galaxy forming a line above (or below) the system. Seems that there was miscommunication and it was reworded to discuss the companion stars, which aren't all that interesting after all. Right system, misleading description, in this case.

0002 is at 2MASS J02351897+6131236
Site Name: Feast of Stars
Description: This system was recommended as a must see destination by Commander Draco25240 for its bountiful collection of stars.

Provided to me by Sidewinder40

I know you have this entry but not the description

Beacon: Hip 111755 Visitor Beacon
Distance from arrival point: 1476.49
Text:
Tourist Spot 0343
This icy moon is the traditional sight for lovers to propose
within sight of the gas giant's glorious ring system. This
tradition is still popular today.

Top Bottom