Reset combat zone -> back to the station

This is ridiculous. I've played for 7,467 hours in just over 8 years (since beta 2014) and have watched nearly all of my friends stop playing, nearly all my favourite youtubers stop Elite and botched release after botched release.

I'm not trying to be negative and always try to give feedback in a polite, friendly and constructive way along with possible solutions.

After being positive and buying hope from Frontier for so long but after the Odyssey engineering shambles processes contradicting 'blaze your own trail', this is very much feeling like the nail in the coffin.

Sorry but like the millions of people, if not hundreds of thousands of people have already gone through, I'm right at the edge now. Even just a small bit of hope for the future would be ideal.

It's not a big deal, bring your own ship, not a Frontline one. Take off to supercruise, then drop back to normal and the CZ is reset and waiting.

It's not a big deal, bring your own ship, not a Frontline one. Take off to supercruise, then drop back to normal and the CZ is reset and waiting.
That's like an extra 5 minutes per CZ since you'll need to recall ship and run 500m to reach it.

Better to have a SRV around and relog in it.

Still, it's annoying that we have a bug like this for months, sapping our fun every time we play a CZ and think "oh right, this bug that they introduced and haven't fixed yet, time to waste time working around it". Or when you forget about it, relog out of muscle memory and end up in another 5-10 min trip to return.

That's like an extra 5 minutes per CZ since you'll need to recall ship and run 500m to reach it.

Still, it's annoying that we have a bug like this for months, sapping our fun every time we play a CZ and think "oh right, this bug that they introduced and haven't fixed yet, time to waste time working around it". Or when you forget about it, relog out of muscle memory and end up in another 5-10 min trip to return.
Exactly this^

It's not a bug, that change was intentional.

Multiple years of experience, witnessing Frontier's struggle with relogging. 😜

But you have a point, I'm not sure anymore if there has been an official word on it. On the other hand, Frontier haven't been very talkative in general. They still haven't told us if Odyssey owners are "allowed" to play Horizons4.0, despite it being a very hot topic - at least according to some people here on the forums.

The only "official" word was a support rep stating it was intentional, but I have doubts about them comprehending the full situation - surely it can't be intentional that a cmdr can be teleported any distance across the galaxy without their ship due to an unfortunately timed game crash/network disconnection.

The only "official" word was a support rep stating it was intentional, but I have doubts about them comprehending the full situation - surely it can't be intentional that a cmdr can be teleported any distance across the galaxy without their ship due to an unfortunately timed game crash/network disconnection.
Can't that also happen with C/P?

Yeah,

I don't consider flying the spaceship to be wasting time.

I do keep an SRV near the settlement, and I drive it to the ship, take off, swing back around and then go at the CZ again.

It's slightly longer than a relog but my friends and I don't need to team up again and it's fun.

You do you though. I don't see it as a bug I see it as them capping an exploit. Albeit not perfectly, it's exactly the same as how I reset any settlement for Oddyssey shenagins.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Yeah,

I don't consider flying the spaceship to be wasting time.

I do keep an SRV near the settlement, and I drive it to the ship, take off, swing back around and then go at the CZ again.

It's slightly longer than a relog but my friends and I don't need to team up again and it's fun.

You do you though. I don't see it as a bug I see it as them capping an exploit. Albeit not perfectly, it's exactly the same as how I reset any settlement for Oddyssey shenagins.
Thats a good tip actually about parking an SRV nearby, just tried it and it saves a lot of time getting out of the range of the base to recall the ship. Cheers.

Thats a good tip actually about parking an SRV nearby, just tried it and it saves a lot of time getting out of the range of the base to recall the ship. Cheers.

Just be sure the SRV is out of the line of fire. I usually look for a big rock or a small hill. It's no fun if the SRV goes boom.

The SRV will go boom if you die regardless, because being warped into a dropship puts too much distance between you and it. And regardless of your gear or skill level, there is never a guarantee you won't be hit with two rockets or plasma shots at the same time (effectively one-shotting you).

Last edited:
This is so annoying. Total 🐂💩 that this still hasn't been fixed.

I lost connection while doing CZ last night and, of course, I come back into the game in a station without my ship. Which I then have to pay to have delivered to me, and then also wait for it to show up.

I just closed the game for the rest of the night. After such an annoyance, I couldn't be bothered to waste my own time standing around in the station with my thumb up my bum for 30 minutes until my ship shows up. What a pain in the ass.

Edited to add:

Issue tracker report for this -- please upvote it or something (whatever good that actually does 🙄):

Last edited:
This is so annoying. Total 🐂💩 that this still hasn't been fixed.

I lost connection while doing CZ last night and, of course, I come back into the game in a station without my ship. Which I then have to pay to have delivered to me, and then also wait for it to show up.

I just closed the game for the rest of the night. After such an annoyance, I couldn't be bothered to waste my own time standing around in the station with my thumb up my bum for 30 minutes until my ship shows up. What a pain in the .

Edited to add:

Issue tracker report for this -- please upvote it or something (whatever good that actually does 🙄):
Unfortunately FDev have already confirmed that they will do nothing about this.

Not ideal really. Personally I don't think the game is stable enough to penalise someone for 'relogging', especially when it results in going back to a station that might not have a Frontline Solutions.

One of those things where the answer might be just to take a break if it's frustrating.

Unfortunately FDev have already confirmed that they will do nothing about this.

Not ideal really. Personally I don't think the game is stable enough to penalise someone for 'relogging', especially when it results in going back to a station that might not have a Frontline Solutions.

One of those things where the answer might be just to take a break if it's frustrating.
Have they confirmed it in some other manner besides that one screenshot of a support ticket? The one where a support agent says that it's intentional because his script tells him that's the company's stance on relogging issues, without realizing the full scope of the problem, because he probably doesn't even play the game to understand the nuance?

Has @sallymorganmoore or one of the other CMs talked about it? If they did, do you have a link?

This cannot be intended behavior; I refuse to believe it. Surely, they don't intend to punish the player for an unstable connection by potentially sending them thousands of lightyears away, and I sure hope they don't lack the imagination to see how that's abusable. It's bad enough being "punished" for a bad connection just by having all the loot in a settlement disappear or fail your settlement reboot mission because your game crashed after you inserted the power regulator but before you finished looting the place.

If they really do plan to do nothing about this, they should close that support ticket as "intended behavior" and they should probably make sure relogging in your SRV or your spaceship also sends you back to the station. Just to close those loopholes and really drive home that they don't understand what people enjoy about their game. How will they differentiate when a player is logging out in an SRV to refresh a CZ? I don't know, it's on them to figure that one out.

Top Bottom