Restrooms are pointless!

Okay, I just want to be the first one to say it.

Why in God's name were Restrooms added to the game? Here are the problems I have with them.

1. They take up space that would be otherwise occupied by more important things in the park, be they hotels, restaurants, gift shops, the more important facilities (such as the Ranger Stations, ACU Stations, Research Lab, etc.), and more importantly, the enclosures for the parks' main attractions.

2. Since the above-mentioned public buildings (not the ones meant for the parks' employees, obviously) would have restrooms inside of them, it just makes adding these "toilet facilities" really unnecessary and wasteful (never mind the fact that they chop right into your parks' budget).

3. It just plays into that kind of immature demographic that thinks toilet humor is hilarious. Michael "F***-up-a-franchise" Bay pulls this kind of crap in his films and it's just insulting and disgusting to a movie audience that isn't the aforementioned demographic.

4. I know well enough that restrooms are necessary for a REAL-LIFE park, but this is a video game! I turn to video games (as well as books, movies, TV, and vacations) as my escapes from real-life. Having something from real-life put into a video game of this particular nature takes away from the feeling of escapism.

There, got off my chest.

well Toilets were already part of JPOG and other park builders of Frontier (planet coaster + zoo). Even in older games like Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Toilets are a normal part of the game, so its nothing new.

1. PPl want to have stuff to let their park feel more alive, more buildings, more decorations (who also take up space that could be used for sth more usefull :O ) and so on. And regarding the place, there are much more other things i have problems.

2. kinda agree with you. restaurants and such buildings should have atleast some Toilets in it, so you dont need an extra building right from the beginning of your park.

3.As i said, Toilets were part of park builders basically since the beginning, so i dont blame Michael Bay for it, especially i never saw it as part of the Toilet-humor-problem. i guess some ppl see problems where are none.

4. that sentence can be used for a lot of parts of the game
I know well enough that Food is necessary for a REAL-LIFE park, but this is a video game! I turn to video games (as well as books, movies, TV, and vacations) as my escapes from real-life. Having something from real-life put into a video game of this particular nature takes away from the feeling of escapism.
-> remove resaurants

i think you understand what i mean

It is stupid. I don't blame Frontier. They were just listening to the not so intelligent mob of people screaming for bathrooms. They were appeasing them which is something they should have never done. When you appease the mob nothing good comes out of it.

Instead of explaining to them how the game works and how a high tech theme park would work. When you place down an enclosure with Dinosaurs you have to place down buildings that fill guests needs. Food, drinks, shopping and fun. I actually don't like this. All you need is an arcade, clothes shop and restaurant at every few enclosures. It makes it feel less like a high tech safari park with Dinosaurs and more like Disneyland or some other local theme park. Now those buildings will have bathrooms in them. The people that need to use the restroom facilities would just stop in and use them. But NOOOOOOO we need individual bathrooms. So Frontier put them into the game.

So instead of having to place down an arcade, restaurant, clothes shop you now have to put down a bathroom as well. Right next to the buildings that already have bathrooms in them. Makes total sense.

This is a good lesson in how developers should not always listen to the players cause people come up with some stupid garbage tier ideas.

It doesn't really matter to me cause I am not a fan of the Jurassic World movies anyway, I actually really hate them. Though I like the game. But since the release of RTJP I don't see any need to play the base game again unless there is a new DLC. I doubt we will be seeing any new major DLC's for the game. The way things work in RTJP is actually better and it's how the base game should have worked. Minimal need for a bunch of guest buildings. The islands are not very large so what little space you do have should be for enclosures and dinosaurs. The way parks are built in RTJP is just better.

TL;DR Having to place down bathrooms next to buildings with bathrooms in them is super stupid.

I hope things are different in JWE2. Also I hope Frontier doesn't take all the ideas from the mobs of screaming brainlets serious. Just cause people demand it doesn't mean it's a good idea and it should be done.

Have fun with your bathrooms. LOL

They dont take up that much space.

No not really. But still it's having to use more space when there isn't much to work with anyway. It's also annoying and stupid that you have to put a bathroom building next to buildings that already have bathrooms in them.

Because I can't edit this into my original response. The viewing galleries and I imagine the rest of the attractions that allow guests to see the dinosaurs also have bathrooms already in them. There is proof of this with a bathroom sign in the entrance way of the viewing gallery.

So it's even more ridiculous now. LOL

sorry but in parks in my area there are always an extra building for toilets aswell. but i agree that some other building should fullfill the toilet-needs a bit aswell.

It is stupid. I don't blame Frontier. They were just listening to the not so intelligent mob of people screaming for bathrooms. They were appeasing them which is something they should have never done. When you appease the mob nothing good comes out of it.

Instead of explaining to them how the game works and how a high tech theme park would work. When you place down an enclosure with Dinosaurs you have to place down buildings that fill guests needs. Food, drinks, shopping and fun. I actually don't like this. All you need is an arcade, clothes shop and restaurant at every few enclosures. It makes it feel less like a high tech safari park with Dinosaurs and more like Disneyland or some other local theme park. Now those buildings will have bathrooms in them. The people that need to use the restroom facilities would just stop in and use them. But NOOOOOOO we need individual bathrooms. So Frontier put them into the game.

So instead of having to place down an arcade, restaurant, clothes shop you now have to put down a bathroom as well. Right next to the buildings that already have bathrooms in them. Makes total sense.

This is a good lesson in how developers should not always listen to the players cause people come up with some stupid garbage tier ideas.

It doesn't really matter to me cause I am not a fan of the Jurassic World movies anyway, I actually really hate them. Though I like the game. But since the release of RTJP I don't see any need to play the base game again unless there is a new DLC. I doubt we will be seeing any new major DLC's for the game. The way things work in RTJP is actually better and it's how the base game should have worked. Minimal need for a bunch of guest buildings. The islands are not very large so what little space you do have should be for enclosures and dinosaurs. The way parks are built in RTJP is just better.

TL;DR Having to place down bathrooms next to buildings with bathrooms in them is super stupid.

I hope things are different in JWE2. Also I hope Frontier doesn't take all the ideas from the mobs of screaming brainlets serious. Just cause people demand it doesn't mean it's a good idea and it should be done.

Have fun with your bathrooms. LOL
It's not unintelligent to request a building to be added to the game that is normally found in theme parks and zoos in real life. Yes, many of the buildings in game already have restrooms in them (which I agree it's strange that they don't contribute to the restroom rating) and theme parks and zoos in real life also have buildings with restrooms in theme, yet they still have dedicated restroom buildings.

It makes sense they don't contribute to restroom rating, it's that they add to demand that doesn't make sense to me. From my experience buildings tend to reserve the facilities rights to those who are using the building.

I do see a problem with restrooms though that hasn't been adressed. By adding them, you confirm these people need to toilet, so why don't the dinosaurs... ehem... "toilet"?

It's not unintelligent to request a building to be added to the game that is normally found in theme parks and zoos in real life. Yes, many of the buildings in game already have restrooms in them (which I agree it's strange that they don't contribute to the restroom rating) and theme parks and zoos in real life also have buildings with restrooms in theme, yet they still have dedicated restroom buildings.

Requesting a building isn't stupid. But requesting a building that fulfills a need that is already addressed by other buildings is stupid.

well Toilets were already part of JPOG and other park builders of Frontier (planet coaster + zoo). Even in older games like Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Toilets are a normal part of the game, so its nothing new.

1. PPl want to have stuff to let their park feel more alive, more buildings, more decorations (who also take up space that could be used for sth more usefull :O ) and so on. And regarding the place, there are much more other things i have problems.

2. kinda agree with you. restaurants and such buildings should have atleast some Toilets in it, so you dont need an extra building right from the beginning of your park.

3.As i said, Toilets were part of park builders basically since the beginning, so i dont blame Michael Bay for it, especially i never saw it as part of the Toilet-humor-problem. i guess some ppl see problems where are none.

4. that sentence can be used for a lot of parts of the game
I know well enough that Food is necessary for a REAL-LIFE park, but this is a video game! I turn to video games (as well as books, movies, TV, and vacations) as my escapes from real-life. Having something from real-life put into a video game of this particular nature takes away from the feeling of escapism.
-> remove resaurants

i think you understand what i mean

Well, this isn't JPOG or Roller Coaster Tycoon, now is it? This is Jurassic World Evolution. It's just a pity that, even with the evolution of the gaming technology, it seems SOME individuals haven't evolved past toilet humor. Pathetic, really...

1. Restrooms DO take up space that could be better used for the more important Park or Guest facilities, as well as enclosures for the the dinosaurs. And on the islands where space is limited, the restrooms make this problem even worse!

2. At least that's one thing we agree on. Many of these buildings should already have restrooms inside of them, which makes the restroom facilities completely redundant.

3. No, it's obvious this is playing to that immature demographic that can't resist hearing a toilet flush in a video game. It's disgusting, and takes away from the awe and majesty of a park filled with ancient animals.

4. That's not what I meant, and you know it. Frontier put the restaurants, gift shops, and diversions (the arcades and bowling alley) in as part of the park's rating from the get-go, and I'm okay with that. It's when they added restrooms to the mix that I felt the game hit a low that could have easily been kept out of it in the first place. Plus, if you've ever seen the first Jurassic Park, you'd know that the restrooms are a poor shelter from escaped dinosaurs. Donald Gennaro found that out the hard way.

It's perfectly fine. It would be incredibly dumb to overcrowd a viewing gallery or restaurant with people that just needed to use the bathroom. It would be incredibly weird not to have them.

I doubt there would be over crowding. Especially since all the buildings in the game obviously have bathrooms.

I can tell you what is stupid though. Having to place a bathroom facility next to buildings that already have them.

Well, this isn't JPOG or Roller Coaster Tycoon, now is it? This is Jurassic World Evolution. It's just a pity that, even with the evolution of the gaming technology, it seems SOME individuals haven't evolved past toilet humor. Pathetic, really...

1. Restrooms DO take up space that could be better used for the more important Park or Guest facilities, as well as enclosures for the the dinosaurs. And on the islands where space is limited, the restrooms make this problem even worse!

2. At least that's one thing we agree on. Many of these buildings should already have restrooms inside of them, which makes the restroom facilities completely redundant.

3. No, it's obvious this is playing to that immature demographic that can't resist hearing a toilet flush in a video game. It's disgusting, and takes away from the awe and majesty of a park filled with ancient animals.

4. That's not what I meant, and you know it. Frontier put the restaurants, gift shops, and diversions (the arcades and bowling alley) in as part of the park's rating from the get-go, and I'm okay with that. It's when they added restrooms to the mix that I felt the game hit a low that could have easily been kept out of it in the first place. Plus, if you've ever seen the first Jurassic Park, you'd know that the restrooms are a poor shelter from escaped dinosaurs. Donald Gennaro found that out the hard way.

It's sad that you have to explain to people that restaurants, arcades and shops have restaurants in them. I guess these people think the guests are urinating and defecating behind the restaurants like bums. lol

I doubt there would be over crowding. Especially since all the buildings in the game obviously have bathrooms.
I swear, none of you people have ever been to a major theme park... if you had you'd all know why they all possess dedicated bathroom facilities, even when they have restaurants and shops and stuff with bathrooms of their own...

Also, you can edit your posts... no need for triple posting...

It's sad that you have to explain to people that restaurants, arcades and shops have restaurants in them. I guess these people think the guests are urinating and defecating behind the restaurants like bums. lol
As I'm fairly certain I've explained to you before, people aren't going into restaurants just to use the bathroom, and restaurants aren't going to open their bathrooms and waiting areas for lines of guests needing to use the bathroom... same goes for every other shop and facility in the park... those bathrooms exist for the convenience of the customers, not the wandering crowds outside...

I can tell you what is stupid though. Having to place a bathroom facility next to buildings that already have them.
You know what's really, REALLY stupid? Having to place arcades and bowling alleys next to attractions because rides meant to provide entertainment to guests don't fulfill a fun need... but we do... but hey, why worry about what the game lacks when we can complain about what the game has, right?

Last edited:
I don't know I think bathrooms were a good idea but the problem is that doesn't feel like the guest need them. I'm hoping Frontier can fix this problem plus we need a staff building that would also show janitors or anybody cleaning the pathways of our parks in order to make it feel realistic instead of just watching people pass by unrealistically with nobody interacting with the trash cans or even littering or even a matter of fact dirty sidewalks honestly feels like this game is not based on realism or like a mechanical machine. My Hope is that Frontier will fix this problem so this way this game will feel more alive, plus there should be lawsuits every time I guest gets killed by a dinosaur, I mean so much is still needed for this game to feel like a worthy spiritual successor of operation Genesis.

I swear, none of you people have ever been to a major theme park... if you had you'd all know why they all possess dedicated bathroom facilities, even when they have restaurants and shops and stuff with bathrooms of their own...

Also, you can edit your posts... no need for triple posting...

As I'm fairly certain I've explained to you before, people aren't going into restaurants just to use the bathroom, and restaurants aren't going to open their bathrooms and waiting areas for lines of guests needing to use the bathroom... same goes for every other shop and facility in the park... those bathrooms exist for the convenience of the customers, not the wandering crowds outside...

You know what's really, REALLY stupid? Having to place arcades and bowling alleys next to attractions because rides meant to provide entertainment to guests don't fulfill a fun need... but we do... but hey, why worry about what the game lacks when we can complain about what the game has, right?

Spot on.

Top Bottom