Restrooms are pointless!

I doubt there would be over crowding. Especially since all the buildings in the game obviously have bathrooms.

I can tell you what is stupid though. Having to place a bathroom facility next to buildings that already have them.

With 1000 of guests? There's a reason they do this in real life as well. No restaurant want to act as a bathroom. It's a restaurant. It's there for food. Not toilet visits. It's just an extra service for paying customers. There's nothing stupid about having dedicated bathrooms next to buildings that offer the same service if you buy stuff. This is present all over the world...

Last edited:
extra bathroom buildings are also common in real life parks so but i can only repeat myself and agree in one point. otherbuildings (mainly restaurants) should have atleast a little bit the possibility to fullfill toilet needs

Also, where did this idea come from that we only wanted restrooms because of "hur hur toilet humour!" Maybe you guys have, but I've never seen anyone request restrooms with the reasoning, "because it would be funny." Also, I never thought I'd see the day where people are throwing insults over RESTROOMS being added to a theme park/zoo management game, but I guess that's the internet for ya.

Besides, I'm willing to bet that if restrooms were a part of the game upon release, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

I swear, none of you people have ever been to a major theme park... if you had you'd all know why they all possess dedicated bathroom facilities, even when they have restaurants and shops and stuff with bathrooms of their own...

Also, you can edit your posts... no need for triple posting...

As I'm fairly certain I've explained to you before, people aren't going into restaurants just to use the bathroom, and restaurants aren't going to open their bathrooms and waiting areas for lines of guests needing to use the bathroom... same goes for every other shop and facility in the park... those bathrooms exist for the convenience of the customers, not the wandering crowds outside...

You know what's really, REALLY stupid? Having to place arcades and bowling alleys next to attractions because rides meant to provide entertainment to guests don't fulfill a fun need... but we do... but hey, why worry about what the game lacks when we can complain about what the game has, right?

I have been to a local theme park. I never saw bathroom buildings all over the place and I most certainly never seen them next to buildings that already had bathrooms in them.

I am fairly certain I explained to you before that anyone in the park is a customer. It doesn't matter if they are in the restaurant or not. The bathrooms would be open to all park guests. Cause all the guests are customers.

Its not Frontiers fault that Universal decided to use someone's garbage tier fan fiction for a script and they decided to turn Jurassic Park into Disneyland.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been to a local theme park. I never saw bathroom buildings all over the place and I most certainly never seen them next to buildings that already had bathrooms in them.

I am fairly certain I explained to you before that anyone in the park is a customer. It doesn't matter if they are in the restaurant or not. The bathrooms would be open to all park guests. Cause all the guests are customers.

Its not Frontiers fault that Universal decided to use someone's garbage tier fan fiction for a script and they decided to turn Jurassic Park into Disneyland.

So one local small theme park can be compared with the biggest theme parks around the world. Great logic.

I’ve been to over 20 theme parks in my life at least. ALL of them have dedicated bathroom areas and they could just as well be besides a restaurant with a small toilet in them. Just because a restaurant has one small bathroom, you think it makes sense to overcrowd the entire building, just so people use the bathroom and doesn’t buy anything. It’s easy to tell you’ve never run a business or have education in that field. Your logic doesn’t make sense. Like most people here are trying to point out.

And no, restaurants would not be open to all guests. Restaurants take in paying customers. In the major theme parks, the major restaurant brands usually rent the building space. Like we see Pandora in the movie. No restaurant in the world is interested in being used as a bathroom. It’s a business. They wanna sell food. Alot of restaurants doesn’t even let you use the bathroom, unless you’re a paying customer.

Go visit some theme parks/zoo’s, restaurants and see how they work, before you go bonkers over reality.
The game was made more realistic and that’s what we all wanted on the business side of things. Has nothing to do with Universal. Just has something to do with satisfying customers, like in real life.

It doesn't really matter to me cause I am not a fan of the Jurassic World movies anyway, I actually really hate them. Though I like the game. But since the release of RTJP I don't see any need to play the base game again unless there is a new DLC. I doubt we will be seeing any new major DLC's for the game. The way things work in RTJP is actually better and it's how the base game should have worked. Minimal need for a bunch of guest buildings. The islands are not very large so what little space you do have should be for enclosures and dinosaurs. The way parks are built in RTJP is just better.

TL;DR Having to place down bathrooms next to buildings with bathrooms in them is super stupid.

I hope things are different in JWE2. Also I hope Frontier doesn't take all the ideas from the mobs of screaming brainlets serious. Just cause people demand it doesn't mean it's a good idea and it should be done.

Have fun with your bathrooms. LOL

Interesting now I understand better how the people rating works in the game. It will make 5 stars a lot easier. As for the rest I am on the same page as you, I dont like nor care about the JW movies. They where very poorly designed and written, the return to Jurassic Park was a brilliant adition!

Agreed, I think the bathrooms don't work exactly right. If you don't have a restroom next to a hotel for a restaurant for example, the game shows there is a need for a restroom for those buildings. It's ridiculous to have to place a restroom next to a restaurant or a hotel. What architect in their right mind would build a hotel and not put a restroom in it? That's just crazy! Not to mention restaurants, who wants to sit down to eat only to have their kid need a bathroom and have to go to another building and leave their food at the restaurant? Needless to say, I think the restrooms were not implemented well. It would make the game better if the hotels restaurants and shops had restrooms in them. I could see it if you had viewing galleries and towers far away from the hotels or restaurants and needed a bathroom nearby. There is no need for so many bathrooms.

Guest satifaction would go down having to go to another building to go to a bathroom. It makes the game less fun.

Last edited:
There is literally nothing wrong with adding restrooms to the game, if anything we need more buildings like it for us to use because this game is a park simulator regardless what anyone says. The lack of space for parks has been an issue since day one and will never go away regardless if we have bathrooms or not.

I just don't think they're necessary in the game. In a REAL LIFE park, yeah. In a video game based on a work of fiction? Not so much.
This a park management simulator... recreating the realistic conditions of a functioning real life park is the whole idea... serving guests, fulfilling their needs, and so on...

I'm no programmer, but from what I can tell, there's a logical problem is in how the game calculates the quality of services provided; simply put, it's complete nonsense. In most simulation games this is calculated by guests interacting with buildings; guests have demands and buildings provide supplies... but in JWE the game relies on buildings interacting with other buildings; specifically attraction buildings (rides, hotels) that provide demands and service buildings (restrooms, restaurants, shops) that provide the supply. For whatever reason, this seems to require buildings take on one role or another, without any overlap...

The same inconsistency appears with attractions and fun buildings; why am I placing arcades next to rides to provide fun? Shouldn't the rides be providing my guests with fun? It doesn't make sense... because apparently that's how the game is programmed... attractions are on the demand side, not the supply side, even if they should logically supply fun...

Again, the problem isn't bathrooms... it's how the game is designed...

Again, the problem isn't bathrooms... it's how the game is designed...

It is very apparent that all of the park management aspects were an after thought and big part of the reason why we have so few buildings in this game. I think when they were initially designing this game the only gameplay they had in mind was dinosaurs breaking out of their pens. Constant hurricanes, finicky dinos with absolutely no tolerance for subpar conditions, and constant sabotage are just a few of the obvious unfun aspects they forced into this game to make sure that there are always reasons for dinosaurs to breakout. It is such a priority that it is most likely the reason why we have so few decorative items and buildings and why all of them have to be placed so far from each other because otherwise players could find exploits to fence in dinos and therefore take away the only gameplay they had intended for us.

Agreed, I think the bathrooms don't work exactly right. If you don't have a restroom next to a hotel for a restaurant for example, the game shows there is a need for a restroom for those buildings. It's ridiculous to have to place a restroom next to a restaurant or a hotel. What architect in their right mind would build a hotel and not put a restroom in it? That's just crazy! Not to mention restaurants, who wants to sit down to eat only to have their kid need a bathroom and have to go to another building and leave their food at the restaurant? Needless to say, I think the restrooms were not implemented well. It would make the game better if the hotels restaurants and shops had restrooms in them. I could see it if you had viewing galleries and towers far away from the hotels or restaurants and needed a bathroom nearby. There is no need for so many bathrooms.

Guest satifaction would go down having to go to another building to go to a bathroom. It makes the game less fun.

Almost all major theme parks etc have bathrooms in crowded guest areas. That also means near hotels and restaurants. A hotel def doesn't not want people coming and going just to use the bathroom and overcrowd the facility. It also means more cleaning for the staff. Same goes with restaurants. Usually only paying customers can use the bathroom. What about all the people passing by? They can't enter and use the bathroom in the restaurant and the owners def don't want ques to the bathrooms in their restaurant, that again leads to overcrowding in the building and can keep away paying customers. Come on now... It's simple business logic.

Alright, I think we can all agree that we should flush this conversation down the drain and wash our hands of it.:ROFLMAO:

All joking aside, I think the main problem is that guests don't technically have needs. Allow me to elaborate: simply put, because the guests are just visuals and not things in the game that actually have needs like the dinosaurs, they don't really interact with any of the buildings or attractions in the game even though it looks that way. They're just visual graphics. They aren't real. Therefore, the buildings serve to fulfill needs that don't actually exist, which further exposes the gaping holes in the design of this game. It's like Schrodinger's cat. The guests are neither real, nor unreal. They neither have needs, nor don't have them. They neither live, nor don't live. They just are and aren't, they are both and neither. And I realize that last part makes the game sound like it in itself is an existential crisis, but the point is, the guest need and building functionalities of the game are not truly operational the way you would expect them to be in a typical park builder game.

It is very apparent that all of the park management aspects were an after thought and big part of the reason why we have so few buildings in this game. I think when they were initially designing this game the only gameplay they had in mind was dinosaurs breaking out of their pens. Constant hurricanes, finicky dinos with absolutely no tolerance for subpar conditions, and constant sabotage are just a few of the obvious unfun aspects they forced into this game to make sure that there are always reasons for dinosaurs to breakout. It is such a priority that it is most likely the reason why we have so few decorative items and buildings and why all of them have to be placed so far from each other because otherwise players could find exploits to fence in dinos and therefore take away the only gameplay they had intended for us.

And the thing is, people are wanting a sequel which likely doesn't exist. The problem is, even if we got a sequel that fixed all the problems of the current game, people would still roast it and berate it as another cash grab and complain about having to pay for another full-price game with stuff that the current one should have had. Either way, it goes to prove Frontier took a crap deal when they agreed to make this game, so any move they make, the player base will not let them have an inch of anything. The thing is, that doesn't change the fact it's still Universal's fault for thinking a decent game can be made in less than two years. It makes me question why no one has sent a tidal wave of complaints Universal's way instead. May then, Frontier could actually do worthwhile stuff with this game like they do for all their other games because the actual guilty party would be pressured and forced into relaxing their stranglehold on what can and can't be done for this title.

It makes me question why no one has sent a tidal wave of complaints Universal's way instead.

I cant imagine Universal being the one's who came up with the terrible game play mechanics that Frontier chose. As far as I know the only things that Universal really controls or is concerned about is what content being used in the game which has never been an issue. Frontier shovels out tons of new dinosaurs that have never been shown in the franchise but they rarely fix any of the game play. Even if they were to continue with this mindset of just shoveling out content to cover up that fact it would be put to better use in things other than dinosaurs.

I cant imagine Universal being the one's who came up with the terrible game play mechanics that Frontier chose. As far as I know the only things that Universal really controls or is concerned about is what content being used in the game which has never been an issue. Frontier shovels out tons of new dinosaurs that have never been shown in the franchise but they rarely fix any of the game play. Even if they were to continue with this mindset of just shoveling out content to cover up that fact it would be put to better use in things other than dinosaurs.

Considering they have a lot of the mechanics down for games of their own making like Planet Zoo, you'd think they would understand how to make a working zoo builder game. A lot of people have touted the excuse that they've never done anything with dinosaurs before, but I feel like that's too easy of an out. Someone should have provided them with a copy of JPOG to play as a guide to how to make this game. The way people go on about that, I feel like no one at Frontier ever played or ever saw gameplay of JPOG. That might have given them some much needed inspiration for some of the more lacking aspects of the game.

I think the other buildings like restaurants and such should just have a 1 star rating for restroom need.

That way there's still a need for dedicated restrooms when you've got a complicated crowded park. But you also have at least a basic covering with the other buildings.
Best of both worlds. It makes sense and it's good for game balance.

And what JPOG did is irrelevant since it's a completely different game.

Top Bottom