Retrieval: Grab the Microtransformer from a Crash Site...?

To get the message across: Is it better to have a multitude of the same bug reports than to vote up a single bug report? I don't think so.

So I took this mission because it will give me the Operational Manuals I need. I went to the planet (Chambo 4E) as directed, but there is no crash site. I used the DSS and got nothing. I even checked out the Minor Wreckage sites.

Am I missing something?
Everyone has this unaddressed bug. Avoid those missions until... who knows?

To get the message across: Is it better to have a multitude of the same bug reports than to vote up a single bug report? I don't think so.
Obviously that's not better but it's completely unrelated to what I said.

Ideally there is just one bug report per issue and we vote on the most important ones so FDEV gets an idea which issue sucks most. If votes would be unlimited the voting system had no purpose (ignoring that I believe voting is nonsense anyway).

In my experience, you don't need to DSS a planet to see a mission POI, just be in range of it.
So this evening I took three more salvage missions in Shinrarta. The first two POIs shows up on approach to the planet. The third refused to show up despite repeated low passes over the whole planet in supercruise and in orbital cruise. It's fair to say that it's not just range, but sounds like it's on the dev's radar so for now I'll choose other mission types.

Hellooo, yesss the team are absolutely aware of the issues with the POIs at present, so there is a bit of an influx of "marked as dupes" going on, for sure.If it helps you any though with confidence on this, we are suuuuper aware of it :) Thanks for hanging on in there.
o7
This is an absolute ball buster! Mission after mission after mission ad-nauseum picked up but no POI's. ( I see some commanders do get the odd mission POI...but not me recently)

Really just what is the point of playing the 'missions' as day after day there is no fix.....team is 'suuuuper aware'.......... how about 'suuuuper fixit asap'. I have just finished a REALLY enjoyable session (NOT)... 7 missions taken (individually, not stacked)...7 missions without a POI.... YAY! FDev 100%....FAIL!!!!

I know it's a bug but outta frustration I tried Surface scanning...nope. Tried scanning Nav Beacons...nope. Tried log in/out...nope. Rebooted PC and EDO... nope. Once tried visiting ALL the surface 'markers' ... nope. :mad::censored:

Definition of stupidity: Trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time (Badly quoted/paraphrased) :unsure:

Last edited:
There have been occasions when FD have removed problematic mission types from the servers completely, to prevent players accidentally wasting their time. This probably isn't a practical solution for general use (there may be BGS issues) so I wouldn't expect this to be deployed for every bug, but perhaps we could have some sort of officially updated web page with a "traffic light" system showing which mission types are working OK, which have inermittent issues and which are completely broken?

Obviously this would also open up all sorts of opportunities for the gaming media, social channels et al to wade in with "Lookit how bad FD's game is! Lookit the bugs!" and maybe the collective corporate FD ego isn't ready for that (even though the Bug Tracker itself screams a similar story in a slightly more chaotic way).

But at least it would save players, especially those who don't follow the forum- or social-based minutiae of what's working and what's not, from wasting their time. When the fire extinguishing missions were temporarily bugged and I took several "retrieve from a crash site" missions to fill in the time, upon discovering that these too were non-completable I nearly defenestrated the monitor. A simple page acknowledging extant mission bugs would have helped immensely.

Yes, that would be very welcome. The sad thing about this mission type is that it is one of two legal types of missions, for those who don't see much appeal in criminal activities. If these missions are not playable, then only the transport missions remain, which quickly becomes boring. It's a shame that this takes so long...
Clear Scavenger and Restore/Reactivate missions are also legal? Also technically legal, if sketchy: looting the offline settlements those missions will send you to.

Alot of systems have planets that spawn their own crash sites of varying importance. As a rule threat 3 is a definite 👍to go explore.
If your working an anarchy system as iam you need not worry about npcs because you get paid to kill em which is nice. No bountys.
Impact site threat 3 is the most lucrative certainly worth a few relogs.
I've found a local planet that always has at least 2 on the go. Sometimes only the threat lvl changes.
Your looking for crashed skimmers. The data port is nice.
Also 2 containers with loot. Sometimes a few locked boxes too

This is an absolute ball buster! Mission after mission after mission ad-nauseum picked up but no POI's. ( I see some commanders do get the odd mission POI...but not me recently)

Really just what is the point of playing the 'missions' as day after day there is no fix.....team is 'suuuuper aware'.......... how about 'suuuuper fixit asap'. I have just finished a REALLY enjoyable session (NOT)... 7 missions taken (individually, not stacked)...7 missions without a POI.... YAY! FDev 100%....FAIL!!!!

I know it's a bug but outta frustration I tried Surface scanning...nope. Tried scanning Nav Beacons...nope. Tried log in/out...nope. Rebooted PC and EDO... nope. Once tried visiting ALL the surface 'markers' ... nope. :mad::censored:

Definition of stupidity: Trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time (Badly quoted/paraphrased) :unsure:
It's annoying, particularly when you're chasing the rewards given for your upgrades.

I stopped taking Missions altogether, last week, and won't do any more until Frontier report that they've fixed that bug.

Unfortunately for how I'm playing Odyssey atm that severely limits my play time of the game, which is a shame, though tbh I'v also RL issues that are more pressing than a bug in a game!

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous

I mean the team have a suuuuuuper amount of other issues which are battling for top spot priority across you all, which requires a suuuuuper amount of planning when you try and factor everything in across the team.
We have updates on the way, which I literally can't wait for myself at this point because resposes like yours clearly outline the dire frustrations you're having right now.
I'm doing my best (as we all are on the CM team) to champion the right results for you. My literal ambition here.

its bugged since update 5.... and will get fixed someday, but they have to brake some different thing in order to fix it... what!?

Top Bottom