RIDES.....

i still think people who say "zoos with rides are bad" should reword their arguments, because clearly there are good zoos with rides in real life, and since frontier made a game with rides and zoos combined in the past, its going to make this game seem a bit more boring, and the fact that DLC isnt cross compatible makes it seem like its not worth buying. Since Planco2 is rumored to come out in 2021, then obviously buying DLC for planco1 isnt important, so I'd rather wait a few years and hopefully well get actual expansions for Planco2 instead of overpriced micro DLC packs

never been to florida? busch gardens? disneys animal kingdom? seaworld? not only do they exist but they are not all bad

and by the way, the animals in planet zoo are not real, its just a game. if somebody wants to dig a huge hole and pile a bunch of animals in and watch them die, they can do that! but heaven forbid we have a roller coaster right?

The thing is, those are theme parks. Theme parks can still have animals, and not be considered zoos. The only reason people would consider them zoos are because they have animals. Not to mention, planet zoo focuses on zoos that are like the Sandiego zoo, or other zoos. Not zoological theme parks, or peoples private animal collections.

i still think people who say "zoos with rides are bad" should reword their arguments, because clearly there are good zoos with rides in real life
Ocean Park is a place I'd consider a good mix of both, you have the entrance area with a huge aquarium, Pandas, red Pandas and a few other bits, the only thing near this is a carousel which is pretty far from the animals in the entrance area, then you either take the train through the mountain, or a chairlift over the mountain to the main theme park area, which they have more aquariums and also more enclosures about, there's a big building with thick walls thats freezing inside with penguins, sealions and other animals (its very quite too, I don't think they'd be disturbed in there) the park is on a cliff side, and other animals are either higher up/lower on the mountain, its nice.

Not to mention, planet zoo focuses on zoos that are like the Sandiego zoo, or other zoos. Not zoological theme parks, or peoples private animal collections.
Have Frontier confirmed that, thats what they're focusing on? I think when you throw animals into the mix when you're making a series with a similar name, you're going to need to take into consideration that people are going to want to make real life parks, whether its zoo's with a few rides, or theme parks with a few animals, or a lot of animals.

What I'm getting from a lot of the responses in this thread is that people think myself and Coasterlover don't like Planet Zoo, or think that we don't like what we've seen so far from the game, which isn't the case. When I've criticized Planet Coaster in the past, I've been told I'm wrong, or that the person doesn't notice the issue I'm having (smooth coasters) or that I shouldn't play the game I "hate" which sucks because I love Planet Coaster, I wouldn't have 578 hours in game if I didn't like it. If people don't criticize these games and give feedback and go on pretending everything is fine, then that means there's never any room for improvement, or bug fixes etc, then you get certain publishers like Atari blaming "Trolls" for the way their awful game turned out.

I'm not saying throw rides into the game, I'm saying I want to make real life parks in future, much like others have made real life parks in Planet Coaster, much like Frontier have done re-creating real life coasters, Also the whole "animal welfare" whats that got to do with whether theme parks should be part of Zoo's or not? if anything, that'd be more in depth simulation for people because people would have to be smart and place rides away from animals, it's like saying "Don't a certain animal in game because this animal doesn't like that animal and this game is about animal welfare"

Most zoos in my country has an amusement park section for guests, even then they don't take even a fifth of the land.

That said, as mentioned by many, zoos focuses on the animals, not the guests.

never been to florida? busch gardens? disneys animal kingdom? seaworld? not only do they exist but they are not all bad

and by the way, the animals in planet zoo are not real, its just a game. if somebody wants to dig a huge hole and pile a bunch of animals in and watch them die, they can do that! but heaven forbid we have a roller coaster right?
LOL

The thing is, most zoos in america don't have theme parks built in, as its seen as unethical in modern day. The only zoo's with theme parks built in are theme parks for the most part, and not zoos. Busch gardens isn't a zoo, its a theme park with animals. Disney's animal kingdom is more of a theme park than a zoo, and seaworld isn't a zoo, its also a themepark, and puts human entertainment before animal enrichment.

Ocean Park is a place I'd consider a good mix of both, you have the entrance area with a huge aquarium, Pandas, red Pandas and a few other bits, the only thing near this is a carousel which is pretty far from the animals in the entrance area, then you either take the train through the mountain, or a chairlift over the mountain to the main theme park area, which they have more aquariums and also more enclosures about, there's a big building with thick walls thats freezing inside with penguins, sealions and other animals (its very quite too, I don't think they'd be disturbed in there) the park is on a cliff side, and other animals are either higher up/lower on the mountain, its nice.

Have Frontier confirmed that, thats what they're focusing on? I think when you throw animals into the mix when you're making a series with a similar name, you're going to need to take into consideration that people are going to want to make real life parks, whether its zoo's with a few rides, or theme parks with a few animals, or a lot of animals.

What I'm getting from a lot of the responses in this thread is that people think myself and Coasterlover don't like Planet Zoo, or think that we don't like what we've seen so far from the game, which isn't the case. When I've criticized Planet Coaster in the past, I've been told I'm wrong, or that the person doesn't notice the issue I'm having (smooth coasters) or that I shouldn't play the game I "hate" which sucks because I love Planet Coaster, I wouldn't have 578 hours in game if I didn't like it. If people don't criticize these games and give feedback and go on pretending everything is fine, then that means there's never any room for improvement, or bug fixes etc, then you get certain publishers like Atari blaming "Trolls" for the way their awful game turned out.

I'm not saying throw rides into the game, I'm saying I want to make real life parks in future, much like others have made real life parks in Planet Coaster, much like Frontier have done re-creating real life coasters, Also the whole "animal welfare" whats that got to do with whether theme parks should be part of Zoo's or not? if anything, that'd be more in depth simulation for people because people would have to be smart and place rides away from animals, it's like saying "Don't a certain animal in game because this animal doesn't like that animal and this game is about animal welfare"

I don't think you guys hate the game, but I'm just pointing out how theme park rides will probably never be in a zoo game. Just because planet zoo is a planet game, doesn't mean it has to have coasters. All it means, is that its in the same universe. Thats like saying Apex legends is in the same universe as Titan fall, so it should have the titans in it.

theme park rides will probably never be in a zoo game
you obviously never played RCT3+Wild (which was also made by Frontier btw)... i also dont get why people have to differentiate between a park with animals in enclosures vs a zoo with animals in enclosures, they really are not that different

zoos focuses on the animals, not the guests
My local zoo is nowhere near as nice as a place like Busche Gardens, my local zoo is falling apart and the enclosures are tiny and the animals are dirty. So I think the whole argument that zoos are better than larger parks with rides is totally wrong. Obviously some places like Marine World have bad reputations, but that doesnt mean all larger amusement parks are bad for animals, and not all small zoos are better.

I would also argue that my local zoo doesnt have any safari or track rides like Planet Zoo does, so just because the game is titled "Zoo" doesnt mean it cant contain rides since it clearly already does contain rides.

Its one thing to say the devs just arnt focusing on rides, or the games engine cant support coasters, that is obviously true as Planco has terrible frame rates and performance issues. But if you just want to argue that rides are bad for animals, I'd say get off your high horse, its just a game

Last edited:
^ except they are different in terms of animal care and wellbeing (in real life)

I did play RCT3 wild, but this game came out in 2005. At the time I was also playing zoo tycoon 2, and those games were out roughly at the same time. Now, if you look at the graphics and details from zoo tycoon 2 and compare it with RCT3 wild! Zoo tycoon beats RCT3 wild by a landslide (being 2005) in terms of animal behaviors, actions, the care, the animations, and the look. Why? Because zoo tycoon was a game based off of animal care and “building your dream zoo” since this was the focus, the animals were amazing (for that time period)

RCT3 wild was a fun game too, but the animals were blocky almost and they didn’t look great graphically in compared to ZT2 but RCT3 was never meant to be a zoo game, they added them in most likely because they 1) Wanted to make more cash off their game and/or 2) players kept asking.

I think that’s why PZ and PC are 2 different games with 2 separate themes, to allow a fuller experience where things aren’t half done to appease people. I play PC too, and im not saying im against having some flat rides, but I don’t think coasters and a bunch of rides should be implemented in a game that’s suppose to be about running a zoo and working on animal welfare and conservation

you obviously never played RCT3+Wild (which was also made by Frontier btw)... i also dont get why people have to differentiate between a park with animals in enclosures vs a zoo with animals in enclosures, they really are not that different

My local zoo is nowhere near as nice as a place like Busche Gardens, my local zoo is falling apart and the enclosures are tiny and the animals are dirty. So I think the whole argument that zoos are better than larger parks with rides is totally wrong. Obviously some places like Marine World have bad reputations, but that doesnt mean all larger amusement parks are bad for animals, and not all small zoos are better.

I would also argue that my local zoo doesnt have any safari or track rides like Planet Zoo does, so just because the game is titled "Zoo" doesnt mean it cant contain rides since it clearly already does contain rides.

Its one thing to say the devs just arnt focusing on rides, or the games engine cant support coasters, that is obviously true as Planco has terrible frame rates and performance issues. But if you just want to argue that rides are bad for animals, I'd say get off your high horse, its just a game

Not to mention, Roller Coaster tycoon 3 isn't a zoo game. Its an expansion for a roller coaster building game, so it focuses less on the animals, and more on the roller coasters.

Some should get a private room. :sleep:

I thought it was already explained that Planet Zoo and Planet Coaster are fundamentally different experiences which says enough if you ask me about the route both games are following.

Last edited:
wwza-map-jan-2018-new-safari
this is the worst zoo to prove ur point, in the right corner u see That the tigers have a very small Cage whilst the alpacas under the coaster have a Cage twice That sice. Just like the axis deers they have 2 big cages, why 2? They could easily give a Cage to the tigers its almost like they made to much cages so they decided put 1 species in multiple cages. Its clear in this zoo animal welfare isnt a thing, money is the thing here.

So if you really want that coaster try to make one with scenery pieces (you Maybe can't ride it but it looks cool and wont effect the animals) or give us a good map/zoo to look at.

this is the worst zoo to prove ur point, in the right corner u see That the tigers have a very small Cage whilst the alpacas under the coaster have a Cage twice That sice. Just like the axis deers they have 2 big cages, why 2? They could easily give a Cage to the tigers its almost like they made to much cages so they decided put 1 species in multiple cages. Its clear in this zoo animal welfare isnt a thing, money is the thing here.

So if you really want that coaster try to make one with scenery pieces (you Maybe can't ride it but it looks cool and wont effect the animals) or give us a good map/zoo to look at.

I don't really care if we get coasters and personally don't really want them in PZ. The only attractions that I would actually like to have is a Endangered Species Carousel where all the money goes to Conservation, Train Tram that goes around the zoo, a Sky Ride, a Boat Safari Ride, a 4D Theater to promote education on animals, a Amphitheater, and possibly an Observation Tower. As of you I want to be focused on my animals and not in a theme park.

Actually, they are a really amazing zoo. Unless you been to this zoo and seen the amazing work they have done your answer is invalid. I do agree that some of there exhibits can be bigger and better, but there is history on why the zoo is and looks this way.

Wildlife World Zoo began in 1975 as a breeding facility for rare wildlife. It opened to the public in 1984, and continues to partner with well-known zoos throughout the world in conservation and rescue efforts. Wildlife World Zoo receives no public funding, so it relies on admissions and other revenue to maintain its facilities and carry on its mission of conservation and education. As a result, the facilities and habitats feel low-frills compared to the publicly funded zoos we are used to.

That is why they have rides. They need to make the extra money so they can maintain the zoo and keep it open. Also, there rides are just swinging ride so they aren't noisy and not disturb the animals. The coaster is a small family coaster that's in the back of the zoo and is not a large/noisy one which doesn't really bother the animals.
Also, that's the reason why some of there exhibits are the way they are and they have actually been improving there exhibits throughout the years. So please don't judge to quickly, unless you met the people who work there and been to the zoo itself. I'm a guy that loves animals and supports conservation. I have a zoo membership to the Phoenix Zoo and love to go there all the time, except when it's Summer time. I grew up watching Steve Irwin, other animal shows, and actually want to volunteer and eventually even work at a zoo to help save these amazing animals.

http://www.wildlifeworld.com/about/

Last edited:
Actually, they are a really amazing zoo. Unless you been to this zoo and seen the amazing work they have done your answer is invalid. I do agree that some of there exhibits can be bigger and better, but there is history on why the zoo is and looks this way.

Wildlife World Zoo began in 1975 as a breeding facility for rare wildlife. It opened to the public in 1984, and continues to partner with well-known zoos throughout the world in conservation and rescue efforts. Wildlife World Zoo receives no public funding, so it relies on admissions and other revenue to maintain its facilities and carry on its mission of conservation and education. As a result, the facilities and habitats feel low-frills compared to the publicly funded zoos we are used to.
http://www.wildlifeworld.com/about/

I didn't sign up for a history lesson but thanks for the Information. I still think that you shouldn't start a zoo if you can't fund big enough enclosures for the animals that need them.

If you really want rollercoasters, go play planco. And if u miss the animal part download some animal scenery from blueprints

I didn't sign up for a history lesson but thanks for the Information. I still think that you shouldn't start a zoo if you can't fund big enough enclosures for the animals that need them.

If you really want rollercoasters, go play planco. And if u miss the animal part download some animal scenery from blueprints
I guess you didn't read my whole post. I edited it after you posted. So please don't be so quick to judge me.

Last edited:
I guess you didn't read my whole post. I edited it after you posted. So please don't be so quick to judge me.

Your acting like its my fault That you edited ur post after i posted, but nvm

I agree on the carousel i love That aswell as soft rides like a boat tour but not rollercoasters

Your acting like its my fault That you edited ur post after i posted, but nvm

I agree on the carousel i love That aswell as soft rides like a boat tour but not rollercoasters
I agree with you and that's all I ever wanted. No major theme park rides and coasters. I do want some limited attractions like just a Carousel and some zoo themed attractions like I stated above. I don't want to have to manage a theme park and a zoo at the same time. If I wanted to build a theme park I go to PC and if I want to build a zoo I go to PZ. Plus, our computers would die if they combined PC and PZ together. Plus, PZ wouldn't have been in depth as it is now if they also focused on rides. In PZ, the welfare of our animals needs to come first and our guests second.

Last edited:
I agree with you and that's all I ever wanted. No major theme park rides and coasters. I do want some limited attractions like just a Carousel and some zoo themed attractions like I stated above. I don't want to have to manage a theme park and a zoo at the same time. If I wanted to build a theme park I go to PC and if I want to build a zoo I go to PZ. Plus, our computers would die if they combined PC and PZ together. Plus, PZ wouldn't have been in depth as it is now if they also focused on rides. In PZ, the welfare of our animals needs to come first and our guests second.

I agree

Top Bottom