Ridiculous registration and log in protocols!

For 3 hours now I have registered and tried to play the game. I can only access the demo game. I am not a coder but I have played computer games since their inception and this is one of the worst ever new player experiences before you even open the game on its first screen. It is cludgy as hell!! I was looking forward to the game but after this experience just registering I am ready to quit lol.

I was just thinking something similar.

I've got two accounts with 2 desktop shortcuts set up and when FDev update the launcher I've got to go into the launcher folder, make 2 renamed copies of launch.exe then run the desktop shortcut to log in with my email and password, open up my email account, get the verification code and paste it into the launcher before the game will run.

Twice.

If there's a good reason why we need to re-enter our account info and re-verify our accounts every time the launcher updates, fair enough.
If there ISN'T, however, can't FDev just figure out how to make updating the client a bit smoother?

If you can run an updated launcher without having to re-enter your account details and re-verify your account, you need to explain how you manage that.
Well, I just updated the Launcher because it wanted to get updated. After that I started it as usual, no extra verification needed.
Don't know any magic tricks to this - don't think there are any.

For 3 hours now I have registered and tried to play the game. I can only access the demo game. I am not a coder but I have played computer games since their inception and this is one of the worst ever new player experiences before you even open the game on its first screen. It is cludgy as hell!! I was looking forward to the game but after this experience just registering I am ready to quit lol.

So... you registered...

But did you pay?

I purchased the game on Steam and followed all of the instructions and am savvy enough to figure out every game in 30 years of playing so this should not be as onerous as it is. You want a game to escalate in difficulty starting "easy" first lol!

4 accounts, 2 needed me to reverify, 2 didn't. 🤷‍♀️

I honestly never knew that was a possibility. :unsure:

Even back when I only had one account, I've ALWAYS had to jump through the hoops (which can be quite irritating when they update the launcher several times around an update).

Now, I guess, if some people don't have this issue it explains why there isn't more moaning about it.

So, you haven't played Anno 2070 in multiplayer, because then 3 hours to get the game running is an average time. :p

I also am a steam purchaser...I updated, went to the frontier account page to link my steam account like they said to do in the discussion forums, then launched the game and played. It was that simple...

Downloaded installer.
Installed launcher (same directory as current launcher).
Ran launcher.
Reentered password (it remembered email).
Copy/paste two factor auth code.
Click Ok.
Click Play.
🤷‍♂️

-

More proof that consoles are the FUTURE :D
God I hope not. xD

-

OP:
Did you register the account on Frontier's website?
Did you link that account to your Steam account?
Did you contact support to get help? (I recommend you do this one first).
This isn't the usual experience when starting up, sorry you're have such a hard time, OP.

So, you haven't played Anno 2070 in multiplayer, because then 3 hours to get the game running is an average time. :p

I've played a lot of Anno 2070 in multiplayer back then, always worked flawlessly.

Just updated ED on Steam too, didn't have to re-confirm anything and no error of any sort.

Top Bottom