Rubbernuke.exe has stopped working

Do we actually know this? I've been assuming that it’ll be like Engineering 2.0 and BGS 2.0: not a complete rework, but a refinement of the existing system.
Tricky one for Frontier, I think.

There are so many problems with the Powerplay design that I'm not sure there's much productive space between "some subset of the tweaks from Sandro Sammarco's thread" (probably fairly quick to implement, improvement for the existing players, but doesn't really address any of the fundamental reasons to ignore it for everyone else) and "ground-up rewrite".

Given how long it's taking them to put together I'm assuming it has to be closer to the latter.

Given how long it's taking them to put together I'm assuming it has to be closer to the latter.

Same here, it has come out as a big news item, a few tweaks will just annoy people, and it has already been delayed once, I can't see it being just a few adjustments to the existing framework.

I do wonder if, while making Power Play more involved, that they might upset people who just want the PP Modules and weapons. The current "I just want the modules" method is simple, if not really "gameplay" in any real sense. It's just sign-up, wait three weeks, buy a load of these, sell a load of these over a few runs and done. Horrible, but like certain "quickest ways" to get certain Engineering materials, over and done with quickly (from an active time spent perspective) so the player can move on to actually playing with the modules.

Making this process more involved and FUN would be good, making it more involved and grindy would be horrible. I've pretty much got all the PP module I want, so I'm good either way in that regard. What I would like is a compelling reason (aka it's fun) to do whatever else there is to Power Play outside of the modules. Basically, I just wanted the Modules as the "gameplay" for PP held no interest for me, so I did it the most efficient way to knew to "get through it". If I enjoyed the process, that'd be a distinct bonus.

I do wonder if, while making Power Play more involved, that they might upset people who just want the PP Modules and weapons. The current "I just want the modules" method is simple, if not really "gameplay" in any real sense. It's just sign-up, wait three weeks, buy a load of these, sell a load of these over a few runs and done. Horrible, but like certain "quickest ways" to get certain Engineering materials, over and done with quickly (from an active time spent perspective) so the player can move on to actually playing with the modules.

Making this process more involved and FUN would be good, making it more involved and grindy would be horrible. I've pretty much got all the PP module I want, so I'm good either way in that regard. What I would like is a compelling reason (aka it's fun) to do whatever else there is to Power Play outside of the modules. Basically, I just wanted the Modules as the "gameplay" for PP held no interest for me, so I did it the most efficient way to knew to "get through it". If I enjoyed the process, that'd be a distinct bonus.
As someone who hasn’t tried to get the PP modules as I wasn’t interested in doing PP I would like them to get rid of those bribes for taking part.
If they did as has been suggested add them to tech brokers or like Enhanced Performance Thrusters to one or more engineers that would be good.

The reward for doing power play should be doing power play.

The PP modules should really just be moved to tech brokers. I mean.. make them specific locations, or through engineer outfitting like some things, but there's no reason they couldn't be dissolved into that.

Top Bottom