Salland's Adventure Zoo

Thank you for the nice comment. Yes the Planet series are certainly very nice games to build realistic things 😀

Thanks 😀 Yes and no. In the hotel I have already taken into account where I will use the billboards. And in some places I want to place extra billboards. But at the moment we have to wait and see what sizes of billboards we get.
Actually the sizes were posted by Chante already in thread in case you want to check it out and get a head start. It is however easier once we have the actual props and can look and how things fit in. I do wish that there were a few smaller pieces though, maybe a billboard that was 0.5 or even the size of the two little thick signs in the game (without the bulky look of course) would be ideal. But I'm sure we can figure it out and play around that. The modders might be able to help making smaller signs as well.

Have you thought about the hotel's rating? Because that definitely looks like a five star hotel to me, definitely above 200 euros a night.

Actually the sizes were posted by Chante already in thread in case you want to check it out and get a head start. It is however easier once we have the actual props and can look and how things fit in. I do wish that there were a few smaller pieces though, maybe a billboard that was 0.5 or even the size of the two little thick signs in the game (without the bulky look of course) would be ideal. But I'm sure we can figure it out and play around that. The modders might be able to help making smaller signs as well.

Have you thought about the hotel's rating? Because that definitely looks like a five star hotel to me, definitely above 200 euros a night.
I had just read today about the sizes we get. It is indeed a shame that we do not get smaller sizes. I hope we get that in the future or what you indicate via mods. I have already been making a number of pictures in Photoshop / Illustrator.

I hadn't thought of this. So according to the “European Hotelstars Union” my hotel will be a “four star plus” hotel. I don’t show this on the building, because I think this looks a bit cheap.

I had just read today about the sizes we get. It is indeed a shame that we do not get smaller sizes. I hope we get that in the future or what you indicate via mods. I have already been making a number of pictures in Photoshop / Illustrator.

I hadn't thought of this. So according to the “European Hotelstars Union” my hotel will be a “four star plus” hotel. I don’t show this on the building, because I think this looks a bit cheap.

Yeah the sizes are there as you said, and it is truly a shame not to receive smaller sizes, as I'm sure you know this already, Frontier does not always pay close attention to scale, lol, so it might be up to us to figure it out. I have tested the billboards feature in Planet Coaster significantly, in fact I only bought the game for this feature and to prepare for Planet Zoo. There are a number of ways we can make it work, and I'm sure modders will help here as well. I was also hoping for more non traditional shapes of billboard canvases like circular, curved, etc.

Having worked in the zoo planning and design industry for a very long time, I have seen it evolve tremendously and the props currently used to captivate audiences in exhibits coming in every shape and size imaginable. I'm sure we will figure it out, we have some very talented modders in this game, we just have to point them in the right direction that is all.

I agree with your assessment about the cheap look of hotels that display their starts on the façade of it, or even interior. You would not see the Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental doing that, but some do not believe in this concept. I think I stayed in a couple of five star hotels that displayed their stars in the entrance, mostly in Eastern Europe if I remember correctly. I remember staying in St. Petersburg Russia in the Hotel Astoria, and they even had the names of all the celebrities who rode the elevator engraved in the wall. The service was horrible, and the room was nothing memorable either, but you were reminded at every occasion of what an upscale hotel you were staying at, lol.

Yeah the sizes are there as you said, and it is truly a shame not to receive smaller sizes, as I'm sure you know this already, Frontier does not always pay close attention to scale, lol, so it might be up to us to figure it out. I have tested the billboards feature in Planet Coaster significantly, in fact I only bought the game for this feature and to prepare for Planet Zoo. There are a number of ways we can make it work, and I'm sure modders will help here as well. I was also hoping for more non traditional shapes of billboard canvases like circular, curved, etc.

Having worked in the zoo planning and design industry for a very long time, I have seen it evolve tremendously and the props currently used to captivate audiences in exhibits coming in every shape and size imaginable. I'm sure we will figure it out, we have some very talented modders in this game, we just have to point them in the right direction that is all.

I agree with your assessment about the cheap look of hotels that display their starts on the façade of it, or even interior. You would not see the Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental doing that, but some do not believe in this concept. I think I stayed in a couple of five star hotels that displayed their stars in the entrance, mostly in Eastern Europe if I remember correctly. I remember staying in St. Petersburg Russia in the Hotel Astoria, and they even had the names of all the celebrities who rode the elevator engraved in the wall. The service was horrible, and the room was nothing memorable either, but you were reminded at every occasion of what an upscale hotel you were staying at, lol.
That's right, Frontier doesn't always look at the correct scale of pieces. I made a lot of billboards for this in Planet coaster. So it is a shame that we do not get non traditional shapes and smaller pieces because we have already indicated this during Planet Coaster.

Especially the non traditional shaped and smaller sizes you see a lot in a zoo, perhaps more than the larger plates. I must honestly say that irl I don't look much at these signs.

Because the hotel rating is not a worldwide standard, each country can give a different rating to a hotel.

That’s too bad that you have had a bad experience in a high rating hotel. In any case, you can say that you have been in the same elevator as the celebrity on the wall. Lol

The swimming pool has an overflow gutters and I have placed gutters in the floor of the pool so that the pool can be drained. The water is collected below in a tank truck. I have to make the connection to the pump for empty and filling the pool.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NqLKGMJ.jpg

8gnbxzq.jpg

sUCB4vv.jpg

T2dATXw.jpg

VZHDVhC.jpg

y2ffJ1m.jpg

iOG7Lxy.jpg

mlY9C2k.jpg

Source: https://youtu.be/SNhxIhXzkPk

I have now created a section where the saunas will be placed. The section has also received a cold bucket water shower.

I also made a floor scrubber machine. This ensures that the floor does not get too wet and slippery.

h7aegp9.jpg

BAG6Yh5.jpg

3Ltqw42.jpg

ygWHziu.jpg

J0d9N5k.jpg

Source: https://youtu.be/h4W8Vc6Bocc

The technical room for the air conditioning and heating will be on the roof. I’m not going to detail this room. This is the basic layout of the roof.

The hotel logo is now placed on top of the roof. The municipality does not issue a permit for an illuminated logo. This in connection with the environment,
such as the “future” zoo and local residents.

ztFDSrC.jpg

4wVZiGD.jpg

AAiLQLz.jpg

REMq3R5.jpg

AjAxJrD.jpg

Pt4qhIW.jpg

Source: https://youtu.be/AIJ32CW3QeE

As always amazing work, beautifully done. I do hope you can see your project through and the technical limitations of this game do not eventually cripple you. I had worked for quite some time on the surrounding area of what was to be a very realistic zoo project and had to give it up. After having finished just the immediate section adjacent to the zoo entrance I realized that the game had began to lag, I thought about pushing through taking the project as far as it could go, but eventually I gave up, the lag just takes the enjoyment out of the game for me.

It really left my spirit down as I'm not one to leave a project unfinished, but I have decided to move on and have new plans to start a completely different project very soon, this time I will definitely start with the zoo and leave the surrounding area to the imagination. Such a shame that creativity and technology do not fully support each other, hopefully one day a realistic zoo with a realistic backdrop and setting are possible. But in any case I wish you a lot luck and hope you see it through.

As always amazing work, beautifully done. I do hope you can see your project through and the technical limitations of this game do not eventually cripple you. I had worked for quite some time on the surrounding area of what was to be a very realistic zoo project and had to give it up. After having finished just the immediate section adjacent to the zoo entrance I realized that the game had began to lag, I thought about pushing through taking the project as far as it could go, but eventually I gave up, the lag just takes the enjoyment out of the game for me.

It really left my spirit down as I'm not one to leave a project unfinished, but I have decided to move on and have new plans to start a completely different project very soon, this time I will definitely start with the zoo and leave the surrounding area to the imagination. Such a shame that creativity and technology do not fully support each other, hopefully one day a realistic zoo with a realistic backdrop and setting are possible. But in any case I wish you a lot luck and hope you see it through.

Thank you for this comment. I am aware that these types of games require a lot of processing power from a computer. And that this can certainly create lag. For me, the lag is not the biggest problem because I played Planet Coaster and the lag was visible here much earlier in the game than in Planet Zoo.

It is indeed very unfortunate that you could not finish your project with what you had in mind. And your spirit was brought down by this. I hope I can admire your new project soon and that it will give you a lot of fun to enjoy the game.

New development projects in the Netherlands are currently looking at sustainable construction. At present, it is not yet legally required in the Netherlands to
install solar panels on roofs. This will become mandatory in the near future.

The hotel chain decided to install the solar panels during the construction of this hotel.

I am not satisfied with the panels on the roof of the technical room. This will be changed soon.

JTAN4Z8.jpg

nDgYH92.jpg

B03eLxf.jpg

3u1a11Q.jpg

OomiVVz.jpg

tMlUkzU.jpg

Source: https://youtu.be/j2v8cHFHopM

Finally I placed some billboards in the map. I was already prepared in the hotel so this was easy to change.

Now that I can place billboards I have also made some extra details for the rest of the map. I created an emergency evacuation meeting place at the end tunnel.

I also placed a bus stop at the apartments. I could have made this earlier, but with a billboard it makes it a bit more interesting.

I changed the color of the pool water to a slightly bluer shade.

ShxvnqJ.jpg

8xGeAME.jpg

qrIP92u.jpg

evzaNje.jpg

aiGnpZC.jpg

dZVHLCb.jpg

JwwWpRD.jpg

YO1dqRX.jpg

JqcxOXu.jpg

7fMtNfN.jpg

eI7eo6g.jpg

Source: https://youtu.be/OVh-zSPJ3MQ

As I said earlier, I was not satisfied with the solar panels on the roof of the technical room. I have now changed this so that there is now more room for more panels. For the safety of the technical staff I have installed a roof edge protection.

I also started building the cooling towers for the air conditioning. At the moment these towers are not yet connected.

I have also updated the other buildings on the map. Here I have placed a number of anchor points so that people can also work safely
on these roofs.

RpE749M.jpg

0go5WDS.jpg

8b5vX4U.jpg

KivT5TU.jpg

AqQCEoJ.jpg

Wu0eRh4.jpg

Source: https://youtu.be/cAKhCcEnV38

Top Bottom