Save Module loadouts, apply saved loadouts.

Please let me save and apply module loadouts for my ships, including firegroups and power priorities.
Give me the option to design a loadout and buy all the [avaliable] items for that loadout, while storing or exchanging the items in their places.

For a start. I have 3 clippers, 3 pythons. Why cry for a save when I can build a different ship for every use.
Fd has better uses for their time.
Hulls are cheap. Engineered modules cost a lot.
A lot like the peeps crying for 1000 slots to save in storage. A waste of time for the devs and the players.

Last edited:
Captain Willard, under your system, don’t you still have to buy all the modules you’ll be using, PLUS all the extra ships, PLUS all the extra core internals for those ships? And if you want them to operate at peak performance, won’t you still have to engineer them, and thus be doing even more engineering than if you bought one or two ships and swapped the modules out for different jobs?

Compared to that, simply adding a way to save module/firegroup configurations seems much simpler, and certainly cheaper for the player. I don’t think it would be an insanely difficult thing to add to the game.

A very useful secondary feature would be to add a way to quick-equip premade module loadouts in outfitting. So you could get back from mining, hit the “quick-swap” button, which would bring up a menu displaying your saved loadouts. Select the “bounty hunter” loadout, and the unseen ground crew (or robots, or whoever actually does the physical module switching) swaps all the relevant modules at once, and your ship auto-sets its fire groups to the correct configuration.

That would be very useful.

Lestat

Banned
For a start. I have 3 clippers, 3 pythons. Why cry for a save when I can build a different ship for every use.
Fd has better uses for their time.
Hulls are cheap. Engineered modules cost a lot.
A lot like the peeps crying for 1000 slots to save in storage. A waste of time for the devs and the players.

I agree I have to say no to the idea. At least you are using Common Sense game play.

Please let me save and apply module loadouts for my ships, including firegroups and power priorities.
Give me the option to design a loadout and buy all the [avaliable] items for that loadout, while storing or exchanging the items in their places.

I agree with this idea, any level of loadouts would be appreciated.

I'll leave any considerations about priorities and developer resources to the experts.

+1

This would be a great feature to have implemented.

Save credits on purchasing additional ships, and re-use your expensive A rated and engineered modules at the click of a button.
It would be cool if the cosmetics were also saved as part of each loadout.

It would be a relatively simple feature to develop as well.

Some people might say that the ease in which credits are accumulated in the game makes purchasing the same ship multiple times and outfitting them all individually to be an acceptable alternative, but some of us don't play the grind, or don't have the time to engineer the same class of modules repeatedly so that we have one for each ship/purpose, which could be many. Moreover, if at any time down the track Frontier decides to rebalance rewards, credit grinding may become less of a cakewalk.

I'll leave any considerations about priorities and developer resources to the experts.

If by "experts" in this case you mean Frontier, then I have to agree.

We don't need to consider developer priorities and resources, as we don't set them, and we don't allocate them, respectively.

We get to make suggestions that developers may take note of. They have their priorities for the major features, and they're able to judge their resources to estimate what other features they're capable of delivering for a release, and can pick from the forums, or from their own pool.

As such, each idea is better judged on its own merits, based on whether it would enhance the game, create an enjoyable experience for players, or be an elegant solution for an existing issue, and not based on what other features we'd rather see developed first.

Top Bottom