Scooping all raws without targeting them, please

Please... when the rock on surface breaks, let us scoop all minerals below SRV without having to target them first.

You can leave the option to select them if there are any pilots looking only for specific mineral, so they can see where that piece is.
But keep autoload of all you drive over with your door open, with functional "ignore" option.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Agreed. This becomes an unnecessarily tedious part of SRV gathering, especially since the easy way of hitting "next target" doesn't work well on stuff you can't currently see.

Please... when the rock on surface breaks, let us scoop all minerals below SRV without having to target them first.

You can leave the option to select them if there are any pilots looking only for specific mineral, so they can see where that piece is.
But keep autoload of all you drive over with your door open, with functional "ignore" option.
Thanks!
I disagree that the premise of your proposal has any solid merit. That being said, I am not diametrically opposed to it either but I feel it would not add anything of value. Having to select objects before scooping them (regardless of their nature) is not that onerous a requirement.

Not sure I even understand the problem but I can see an immediate problem. How much time are you willing to waste running back and forth over something you can see in the scanner (whose range can be changed so you can maneuver the SRV to get the fragments in sight to just click the targeting button as you move toward it) but your allowance space for that element is full??
I am guess the OP has not yet learned how to target by sight instead of switching into the NAV panel to get each target. Doing that would indeed be a PITA but reducing the scanner range to 2 ticks from closest range lets me maneuver by instrument to get the fragment someplace in front of me where I can just say "LOCK" and VA clicks the targeting key and I get headed the right direction and scoop it.
I also make use of the "IGNORE" list so the only things that show on the scanner are the things I still need.

You don't need to drive "back and fourth". Use freelook to look down, then as you drive slowly over the chucks spam click the "select target ahead" button.

But yeah, I do agree it would be a nice QoL feature to just pick them all up. The current system is simply a remnant of when we had a shared pool for ALL materials. Back then, picking up everything would have been undesirable.

dxm55

Banned
Yes make it so.

Smashing a piceous cobble into pieces, all lying to each other, I hate the fact that I can't just run them over to pick em up.
I really dunno why the heck we have to target them in the first place. Doesn't make sense.

Same thing for scooping up manufactured mats in space. Can't we just scoop up whatever comes in the way??

I would appreciate a deployable drone for my hoovering.

Ships have them, so there would be consistency with the tech capacity in game.

They could use a miniature skimmer or a limpet as the model.

The actual scooping is weird because the target merely has to touch the srv and does not have to path to a cargo door.

I wouldn't care if there was no animation bringing the mat to the srv, just let the items disappear and show up in mat inventory as the drone skitters about.

I find mat gathering from Dav's, organics and guardian sites to be especially problematic when they get hung up on map features. A drone would solve this.

I would appreciate a deployable drone for my hoovering.

Ships have them, so there would be consistency with the tech capacity in game.

They could use a miniature skimmer or a limpet as the model.

The actual scooping is weird because the target merely has to touch the srv and does not have to path to a cargo door.

I wouldn't care if there was no animation bringing the mat to the srv, just let the items disappear and show up in mat inventory as the drone skitters about.

I find mat gathering from Dav's, organics and guardian sites to be especially problematic when they get hung up on map features. A drone would solve this.

This is a great suggestion to the problem.
A drone that acts like a limpet+
Allow one native done for each SRV that when deployed can be issued one command.
  1. Collect Materials
  2. Collect Canisters
  3. Collect All
  4. Control
Collect: Would automatically deploy the drone that would pick up resource nearby and drop them into the SRV, Materials, Canisters or All
Control: Allowing you to take remote control over the drone and fly it manually as a scout. The drone would have no weapons and would be a visual aid only, once it extends it range you would lose control and resume piloting the SRV while the drone automatically returns.

The drone should have a limit for flight time and when it can be relaunched.

Maybe down the road if/when we get different SRV's they can be equipped with better drones that have weapons and scanners that give us a different way to interact with hostile bases planet side.

Control: Allowing you to take remote control over the drone and fly it manually as a scout. The drone would have no weapons and would be a visual aid only, once it extends it range you would lose control and resume piloting the SRV while the drone automatically returns.

I use the FREE CAMERA as a DRONE for both the SRV and my Ship. I can "fly it by itself or leave it attached to the Ship or SRV and pilot them watching my surroundings. There is a distance limit and it gets quite hairing when the drone is at any significant distance from the parent to control the parent but it can be done.

This is a great suggestion to the problem.
A drone that acts like a limpet+
Allow one native done for each SRV that when deployed can be issued one command.
  1. Collect Materials
  2. Collect Canisters
  3. Collect All
  4. Control
Collect: Would automatically deploy the drone that would pick up resource nearby and drop them into the SRV, Materials, Canisters or All

Maybe down the road if/when we get different SRV's they can be equipped with better drones that have weapons and scanners that give us a different way to interact with hostile bases planet side.
This idea has perhaps more merit - I can get behind this alternate proposal.

Let's see...When we are in space collecting materials we can always filter out the ones we have already maxed out. It comes in handy with HGEs. Now we are on a planet in an SRV. Can we do the same? I haven't checked this out but thanks for giving me something to test. The Forum lets us get better at the game especially when we think that we have figured it all out.

Let's see...When we are in space collecting materials we can always filter out the ones we have already maxed out. It comes in handy with HGEs. Now we are on a planet in an SRV. Can we do the same?
Yup - the cargo targeting filters work in ALL cases (at least IME).

Lestat

Banned
Let's see...When we are in space collecting materials we can always filter out the ones we have already maxed out. It comes in handy with HGEs. Now we are on a planet in an SRV. Can we do the same? I haven't checked this out but thanks for giving me something to test. The Forum lets us get better at the game especially when we think that we have figured it all out.
You been here longer than I have. We both Started Elite Dangerous around the same time. Do you remember having to select 1 target at a time and manually scoop it up in space while mining? The same issue is happening on the Planet with the SUV. You see 5 to 8 Iron Minerals. But you have to select 1 at a time and run over that target. Then select the next Iron and repeat.

You been here longer than I have. We both Started Elite Dangerous around the same time. Do you remember having to select 1 target at a time and manually scoop it up in space while mining? The same issue is happening on the Planet with the SUV. You see 5 to 8 Iron Minerals. But you have to select 1 at a time and run over that target. Then select the next Iron and repeat.
The difference on a planet is that we cannot use collector limpets in a SRV. But when I blow up whatever on say a light gravity planet I can target them before they hit the ground then go collect the ones that I need. For me it is all about binding the right SRV controls for the most efficient use. Mine are so fast that I don't even think about them anymore. I even keep the cargo scoop open while racing across a planet flat or mountainous. It doesn't seem to make any pips difference. Maybe I'm missing your point.

Last edited:
Spent 6 hours driving around and gathering antimony last night, this would definitely improve the experience as I was glide scooping half the stuff already.
I really want to glide over, nuke the rock from the air and drop on the materials to scoop em all :D

Top Bottom