Screenie(s)...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm fantastically late to the party regarding all of this alien ruins nonsense, but I went there and I done this:

And then I swung by Antares on the way back (I know it's not on the way back), just to see if my Ghar army were anywhere in sight:

You can target mission items from quite a distance and scoop them up with your ship. Not sure if it works with bigger ships or normal cargo canisters. Non-mission items need you to get much closer, almost poking your nose on them, but it works.
Works with any ship and anything collectible.

Pro-tip: Best ships for it are the "short & wide" ships (Sidey, Cobra, Viper) cos you retain a useful degree of pitch without bumping the nose/tail on the ground.
It's possible with longer ships (or any ship) but you have to be much more precise about your angle of pitch as you move in to scoop.
I've also tried it with an Eagle, DBX and an iCourier and it was possible but fiddlier.
I also tried it with an Anaconda but, erm, we don't talk about that anymore. :eek:

Here's me tying it in my starter Sidey:-

https://i.imgur.com/N0nLMqF.png

And here's my Viper 3 earning it's living:-

https://i.imgur.com/XPZe5GI.png
Haha, never knew this was possible!
Everything Stealthie said. At the start of the year the BRC even hosted a small event centered around this "technique". Some fun times. :)

Commander's log: New Year's Eve 3303; I'm starting to think that guy who told me there was an excellent bar in the Crab Nebula might have been pulling my leg.

Wait a minute, what's that signal? It's really close to the star, heavy interference... oh Station X huh? That sounds welcoming and not at all like some kind of off-the-grid torture palace.

OK, so that's fifth door on the left after the atmosphere processors, knock three times, then once, ask for Jose and tell him that Arthur in Docking Control sent me? Gotcha.

Well this was unexpected. Seems a bit quiet but they say it livens up later on, let's just hope the Thargoids don't crash the party! Happy New Year Commanders.

So I read a news article in Barnard's Star and it hinted at a crashed ship on 2042 L1 in the Alpha Centauri system. So I went looking. And this is what I found:

In my opinion, the game needs MUCH more of this sort of thing - news reports hinting at locations of crashes, scanning the data cores leading on to other places, giving you a sense of purpose before the trail goes cold. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Well what a morning it's been! I read a message in Sol mentioning something about Kahina Loren broadcasting messages in the HIP 17519 system. So I went there and found this:

After listening to some girl called Salami or something tell me everything's a conspiracy, I figured it was time I started engineering my ship. So I flew down to Merope and I saw this on the way:

Looks like the Thargoids shot up that ship pretty bad. It was an IMMENSE ship too. Anyway, on I go to Merope where I visit the Barnacle looking for meta alloys:

And as I'm about to leave, I pick up a signal from a listening post:

After scanning and digesting the data, I guess there's a whole other mystery out there to solve! But before I do that, I need to go visit my dad in that pesky "real world".

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom