Screenie(s)...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
A bit cramped ...

3nnS7my.jpg

This first one is a dark-side shot of Saturn. Not a perfect eclipse shot, but I like it.
Screenshot_0241.jpg\

And this one is a shot of home. I just got the Sol permit a couple days ago, and I've been having fun bounty hunting with Earth as the setting. But seriously, my home is just a few miles north of the Florida border... and by the looks of it, seems global warming took its toll on Florida. But, Georgia looks okay :D

Screenshot_0246.jpg

BTW I do think there should be boards for posting screenshots and videos. They could at least have a couple of threads stickied for such things. Perhaps in time, though.

Nice pictures, folks. I've really enjoyed this topic :) Keep it up.

Just an idea:

Since there is no way to view your own ship from the outside, apart from the same old stale angles in the outfitting screen, i thought it would be a shame to not be able to admire that new paintwork from the shop.
If we use the multiplayer part of the game to screenshot each other, i figured that way if somebody wants a specific screenie of his/her ship with a certain background we could help each other out... :)
Which kind of ship would have the best windows for a good view?

What do you think?

Just an idea:

Since there is no way to view your own ship from the outside, apart from the same old stale angles in the outfitting screen, i thought it would be a shame to not be able to admire that new paintwork from the shop.
If we use the multiplayer part of the game to screenshot each other, i figured that way if somebody wants a specific screenie of his/her ship with a certain background we could help each other out... :)

What do you think?
Sidewinder is probably the best, looking vertically up is totally unobstructed. Eagle is similar, but the bars are closer together. Clipper is also acceptable i believe, with a bit of jiggery pokery with headlook.

"indigenous life"?? As in aliens with a civilization?

Could be, or then referring to not-quite-that high level of life.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Clipper is also acceptable i believe, with a bit of jiggery pokery with headlook.

Just nudge the headlook upward a notch (just so that you get the "instrument panels" off screen) and you'll get a fullscreen clear view.

Last edited:
If in fact the Milky Way in the game is anything like the real Milky Way (in other words, based on real astronomical data), then it would seem that stars can get incredibly close in reality. I mean, if the data FD collected is accurate, then its just a simple fact.

Just an idea:

What do you think?

I've never flown anything bigger than a type 6, and I currently own a Viper, Sidewinder, Eagle, and Cobra (all armed to the teeth :D ). So, Sidewinder and Eagle had the best unobstructed views, in my experience. And what you suggest with helping people get screens of their ships in flight is a good idea, and the only option at this point I think. Ever since I draped my Viper in Old Glory, I keep finding myself wishing there was some way to see my ship in flight. I have no doubt FD will offer some type of external camera in the future, but I do doubt its a priority. Maybe soon.

Here's my Viper btw:

Screenshot_0192.jpg

I really wish I could put that paint job on all my ships. But, the viper turned out to be a better ship than I thought. It's been great for bounty hunting.

Screenshot_0111.jpg

The above photo shows a few of the Pleiades systems that require system permits. I was going to ask about that but forgot, but is there a way to acquire these system permits? Is it a Thargaroid conspiracy? Does FD have plans for these systems? Just curious.

Screenshot_0167.jpg

So many suns and solar systems in a single system. Took a little while to scan it all but it was worth it. I don't think I'll ever forget Maia.

Screenshot_0030.jpg

Some poor sap didn't follow the rules. Death to loiterers!

Screenshot_0004.jpg

A true blue beauty :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom