Separate Open Mode.

Many people want to play PvP. But when you play solo for PvP it is not PvP. Everything should be earned in Open Mode for PvP. Nothing outside Open Mode should change in PvP world. Open Mode have group competitions. So it is PvP. Make PvP fair and adequate. Or make separated PvP Mode. And leave this ill and mad Open Mode to cheaters.

I see your point Pam, I think, I suppose it's like playing hardcore Minecraft after kitting yourself out in a protected Creative, a kind of velvet cushion for the Ironman

Something I suggested a while back was to have an additional layer of BGS manipulation that was only affected by PvP activity and did not affect other layers like Powerplay & the normal BGS.

Meaningful PvP Proposal

The actual goals to fight over were never really fleshed out all that much but the basic idea was popular. The PPOO focused feedback appeared shortly after this discussion, PPOO has the downside of removing existing gameplay from solo & group play.

I still like the idea but discussions around meaningful PvP are rather divisive, with many (unreasonably in my view) not wanting the game to enable what they see as a toxic activity. I think it's the not respecting the varied playstyles of others that's toxic tbh.

I'm not sold on a PvE flag, it would probably require ships to have collision models disabled & all sorts of other immersion breaking stuff, and it would still be possible to frustrate other players simply because you would be able to see where they were & what they were trying to achieve. I would like to encourage more players into Open instances though, not so I can shoot them in the face just to make the place feel a little more alive. Potentially an extra option could be added for players to choose to switch to solo on entering systems manually designated by the player (like the block list but for systems instead of other players) - Deciat & Founders being two that currently come to mind.

One to tread carefully with, sadly FDev didn't do that with the PPOOFF & it's all gone a bit sarcastic since then.

Last edited:
Many people want to play PvP. But when you play solo for PvP it is not PvP. Everything should be earned in Open Mode for PvP. Nothing outside Open Mode should change in PvP world. Open Mode have group competitions. So it is PvP. Make PvP fair and adequate. Or make separated PvP Mode. And leave this ill and mad Open Mode to cheaters.

dude, you have absolutely no clue about what game you have just bought, and more importantly who you bought it from. because that must have been hours ago ... wait ... really?? DAYS???

ok! everybody has his own pace! no problem! just don't get obsessed, and just keep grinding, kudos and have fun!

fly safe.

I'm not sold on a PvE flag, it would probably require ships to have collision models disabled & all sorts of other immersion breaking stuff, and it would still be possible to frustrate other players simply because you would be able to see where they were & what they were trying to achieve.

Totally agree on the ramifications of the "PvE flag" thing. The number of things you would have to change to make this work, so that people cannot abuse mechanics to grief other players would be a really long list, that would break immersion...

Top Bottom