September Update Bugs Master List

Every time I access the messages window (Key 2), my keyboard stops working completely. This actually happened once a few days before the update and every time I tried to look at a log today. Oddly Alt-Tab still works which is good as it's the only way I can quit the game when this happens. Logging back in fixes it, until I try to access that option again.

It happens because its waiting for you to finish the message it thinks you want to type into the local message channel.

Here's a work around (you need to have the mouse wheel bound to headlook):
  • press the mouse wheel to enter head look
  • Look at the comms panel and it will come into focus
  • Press escape to exit the chat line
  • Exit headlook
  • You're back in control
o7

Note to Paige, it is NOT a visual display glitch. Upon fitting the module to a ship, it is indeed unengineered.

Yeah this^, but only temporarily (relogging brings back the original engineering mods on it - at least that's what happened with one of my engineered power plants).

It happens because its waiting for you to finish the message it thinks you want to type into the local message channel.

• Exit headlook
  • You're back in control
o7
Thanks. I will try that.

VNXdoM3.jpg

HANGER. Seriously.
Maybe someone writing the text saw the ship icon there and assumed it was a coathanger? It's right next to a shopping bag, after all.

• Exit headlook
  • You're back in control
o7
That worked, thanks, and now that I know what caused it it's easy to avoid.

Logged in to grab the thargoid bobblehead, fingers crossed that my binds wouldn't be deleted. They weren't, which was a plus. Quickly did a short money run to see how much Arx I'd make from it. 5m credits profit and I got 1 Arx, so it seems fairly reasonable that I'd hit the cap with every 1Bn of profit. That seems achievable.
BUT.
Did this get tested on base XBox One systems AT ALL, or do Frontier only own X models?
Because HOLY CRAP this
screen tearing is OUT OF CONTROL.I cannot turn my head in my cockpit, or scoop a star, without multiple flickers of screen tear all over the screen every second.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Got another minor one :

After logging in, the Modules Page will have all Priorities listed in red. Only scrolling through them restores the orange standard color.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 38366

D
lol and another, I keep stumbling onto them, can't help it

FSS can carry invisible "blob" (same dimension as the one blocking distant orbit lines) blocking already scanned Objects at reasonable distance, making it impossible to re-check on them again.

ELITE-SepUpdate-FSS_Blanked1.jpg

(A 6 Planet already scanned, but I wanted to have a 2nd look due to it having Bio Signals)

ELITE-SepUpdate-FSS_Blanked2.jpg

(now you still see it - A 6 Planet )

ELITE-SepUpdate-FSS_Blanked3.jpg

(now you don't)

ELITE-SepUpdate-FSS_Blanked4.jpg

(dead-center but FSS refuses to zoom in, is blind to the Body)

Deleted member 38366

D
And yet another :

Modules Page - after using SRV and back in the Ship, SRV Modules can persistently show in Ship's Module Panel / Ship Modules can also appear in SRV Modules Panel (I observed an AFMU, upon clicking which crashed the Game)

(my DBX gained an additional Weapon ;) )

(also also displays what looks like the SRV Hull)

Notably, scrolling around these and clicking them (SRV Modules in Ship Modules Panel) luckily does no harm - but they remain persistent in the Module Panel. The way around (Ship Modules in SRV Modules Panel) tended to crash the Game instead.

-- edit --

Well, it does seem to screw up a few things after all. Wondered why I couldn't disable Cargo Hatch anymore and it mixes a few things up I guess.

(Info on Cargo Hatch - it's now supposedly a "Class 3-0 XL Drive - pending documentation" (?) )

(my Info for the displayed 0C Shield Generator (SRV I presume) - now being "small thrusters" )

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom