Really disappointed it’s not being addressed in this patchWe are aware that there is an issue where some Commanders, specifically those on console, are experiencing the "Failed to communicate with server. Unable to get an up to date mission list from server" message when trying to access missions at a starport's mission board and passenger lounge.
Let them eat cake.The team are currently investigating measures to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Happens to me, too. It's because you use the UI Back keybind instead of selecting the "back arrow" in the message. To restore keyboard function, just go back to any message in the comms panel and use the back arrow on the UI to exit the message. Hope this helps.Has anyone had a issue that I got several times last night.
Was doing a passanger mission to visit tourist beacons, but everytime I got a message prompting the new target, once I went into the nav panal to select the target, I lost all keyboard functions.
I had to task manager to kill elite, then reload to continue.
I don't really want to do another passanger run if this is going to keep happening?
Other types of missions cause the same problem, i'm getting this a lot myself. It's on the Issue Tracker as i put it there myself, no idea if it's actually recognised as an issue by the powers that be
Thanks for confirming, thought it was just me lolOther types of missions cause the same problem, i'm getting this a lot myself. It's on the Issue Tracker as i put it there myself, no idea if it's actually recognised as an issue by the powers that be
This is something we are still looking into!I can't see a fix for unable to connect with a vpn even after using the "supposed" workaround
Many thanks for changing the “store” button to a different colour. Great job with the rest too. Cheers!Greetings Commanders,
The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms on the 3 October at 07:00 (UTC) to apply the September Update - Patch 2.
We are aware that there is an issue where some Commanders, specifically those on console, are experiencing the "Failed to communicate with server. Unable to get an up to date mission list from server" message when trying to access missions at a starport's mission board and passenger lounge. The team are currently investigating measures to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and vigilance as we address these issues.
Please find the full Patch Notes below:
- Fixed a softlock that could occur when trading materials at a material trader
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the new starter experience
- Fixed softlock that could occur when hiring crew members
- Fixed a crash that could occur after clearing a save and skipping the new starter experience
- Fixed a softlock that would occur when attempting to perform a hyperspace jump in an Imperial Clipper that has a Ship Kit applied
- When buying a new ship, your selected COVAS will automatically be inherited from your previous ship.
- When purchasing SRVs and fighters, they will inherit the COVAS currently selected for your ship.
- For new commanders, the applicable localised COVAS will now automatically be selected based on which language is set in the options menu
- Fixed mismatched Paint Jobs for the Diamondback Explorer
- Fixed a case where PlayStation 4 commanders' First Discoveries were not appearing correctly
- Fixed an issue where interdiction wouldn't end after the player submitted
- Fixed an issue that meant the confirmation popup failed to appear after selecting an item the player owns
- Fixed an issue that could cause the sort feature to not sort correctly
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the SRV livery options to appear after leaving the Dashboard items category
- Updated various Bobblehead preview cameras to give a better view of the item
- Removed the 'preview' option on Engine Colours in livery, as it was not intended
- Changed message from 'Outfitting Unavailable' to 'Livery Unavailable' when the livery isn't accessible
- Updated the 'remove item option' message to 'clear the equipped item'
- Renamed 'Back' to 'Exit'
- Fixed various translation errors
New Starter Experience
- Fixed an issue that could cause the host's ship to disappear when deploying a fighter
- Fixed an issue that could cause visual issues with the star in Matet when the player arrives in the system
- Fixed an issue that could cause the weapons to automatically fire after being returned to the training area
- Removed the ability to damage ship modules as this can lead to the player becoming stuck during the experience
- Removed the ability for players to view and turn off modules during the experience
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect weapon mounts to be displayed (fixed weapons showing as gimballed, for example)
- Combined 'restart training' and 'exit options' into one confirmation screen. Now, when the player selects to either restart or exit they then choose to either:
- Restart the checkpoint or the entire Starter Experience/Training
- Exit to main menu or desktop
- This new restart/exit option UI is also inline with other areas of the game as well. This update fixes text truncation in other languages and unnecessary duplication of options, without increasing the amount of clicks needed to exit or restart
- Fixed an issue that caused stars in the night sky to disappear (creating, in some cases, 'hard edges')
- Updated local news articles for faction summaries, engineer progression and megaship itineraries
- Fixed many causes of transaction server disconnections (error codes: Scarlet Krait, Magenta Krait, Black Adder, Yellow Adder)
- Corrected the schematic of a targeted starport to match its actual orientation
- Fixed an issue that made ship modules appear twice in the module tab after swapping to a different ship
- Changed the Store buttons that appear on Port Services menu and main menu to orange and reordered them:
- Port Services - Livery > Holo-me > Store
- Main Menu - Livery > Buy Expansions > Store > Buy ARX
- Fixed an issue on Xbox One that causes the preview camera to pan without any player input
- Re-added a missing scroll bar
- Packs now display how many items are in it
- Fixed Enforcer Canons being unable to be restocked through synthesis