Patch Notes Update Server Update - 11.06.2015

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Greetings Commanders,
In order to work out who wins the preparation we look at all systems that are in the afforded top 10 lists of the powers.
Even if someone has done more preparation than anyone else if they can’t stump up the cash the cant prepare and they don’t count.
We then look at systems within exploitation radii of each other we take the most prepared systems and eliminate the others as Control systems cannot be contested and it is easier to eliminate them at this early stage.

This happened with the following systems:

LFT 37 (Sucessful) and Kappa Phoenicis (failed)
Kappa Fornacis (Sucessful) and Autahenetsi (failed)
Caspatsuria (Sucessful) and Grovichun(failed)
Kaliki (Sucessful) and Mandh(failed)
Kamocan(Sucessful) and Lakluita(failed)
Mendindui(Sucessful) and Kaukamine(failed)

Can you please clarify "'can't stump up the cash" means? I don't understand why Caspatsuria and Grovichun were competing, but I lost a lot of time and money and merits and a lot of angry Angels who want a clear answer, and I get to spin it to them.

And if Grovichun was number 3 on Aisling's prep list, does that mean we completely wasted our time on it?

Last edited:
What about powers who properly prepared systems and could afford them, but didn't see them going into expansion at the start of the new cycle? Aisling Duval was supposed to be able to expand to Cartoi, Karsuki Ti, and Grovichun this week, but Grovichun didn't become available, despite having sufficient CC for all three and having them in the top 3.

No you and me are stupid we didnt understand their cryptic explanation.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Can you please clarify "'can't stump up the cash" means? I don't understand why Caspatsuria and Grovichun were competing, but I lost a lot of time and money and merits and a lot of angry Angels who want a clear answer, and I get to spin it to them.

And if Grovichun was number 3 on Aisling's prep list, does that mean we completely wasted our time on it?

Ca't stump up the cash means they didn't have enough command capital for that action - which would have been displayed in red on the preperation list. In this instance Caspatsuria was within 15 light years of the successful Grovichun expansion it failed.

Michael

For Arissa,

Carverda and Lutni are now on both our 'preparation' and 'expansion' list. Is that right?

Before the update (thank you), we had just over 5000 in Prep for it. Is that gone now? Lutni had over 2000 as well.

edit* LOL, ninja'd by 6 or 7 people.

Last edited:
Michael, i think you have gotten a few things wrong. Some of those systems should not had failed etc.

Will post an update after our strategy guys get their heads together and sort it out.

Sounds like glorified space chess with more pieces, seems strange that in a 1:1 Galaxy with realtime actions why this powerplay stuff sounds to be running like a turn based rpg where turns take a week for the outcome and then start all over again, does not sound very fluid.

Last edited:
This update is quite confusing and possibly still wrong, as it appears to confuse PREPARATION with EXPANSION. Going by the state of Torval's power just before the update, we had enough CC to prepare Caspatsuria, Kappa Phoenicis, Kappa Fornacis, Kaliki, and LFT 37, and had prepared all of those systems above their triggers, and above any efforts from other powers. We succesfully reached triggers to expand into Tangphonsa, Naunei, and Carnai, and were not successfully opposed in any of those systems. A particularly notable mistake is that Kappa Fornacis is in Hudson's expansion tab instead of Torval's. Another is that Kappa Phoenicis should have been prepared, as we most certainly DID have enough CC for all 5 systems mentioned Torval is still listed as having 890 CC available, when this number should have changed.

Last edited:
Okay, I missed Grovichun being listed in the original post, sorry about that. However, it still costs 149 CC this week - and last week our power DID have the CC to expand there. It's also not currently being exploited by Torval, as it is just outside her bubble. I understand this would mean the system is far less profitable than expected, but it should still have been available for expansion?

I hope the reduced costs for integrity stick this time, @ 1.3.01 release they were supposed to be put back to pre-1.3 amounts.....

Last edited:
Oh nice one... Senator Patreus will be most pleased :D

:D :cool:

I think that's safe to say. That said - don't slack off. We just had a tactical meeting in which the Senator wanted to know which incompetents amongst his pilots Prepared Chapsugaibo when he issued express orders that other systems were to take priority. There was considerable awkwardness as some officers admitted that new recruits are still in a "trial contract" that means they're essential still independent hirelings until they've proved their worth and trustworthiness.

Last edited:

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Hi Michael, when/how does this take effect please? Just checked and integrity repair costs the same now as when I logged off a few hours ago (14:00 UK ish)

"As part of our ongoing tuning, we have made another reduction to the costs of integrity repairs."

Cheers.

That was a bit delayed, but should be live within 15 minutes.

Michael

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom