Settlement Raid: 10th scavenger can't be found

I had one where the last scav was no where to be found (drove around in an SRV with the contacts panel open, was a smaller settlement too so should have seen them show up in the list). Fixed it by relogging inside the settlement. My theory is that they must have spawned under ground and fell to the center of the planet (putting them far out of reach of the contacts panel). Whether you super cruise in or log in seems to impact location/placements of things (boxes, people).

I think I've had this happen twice? I just relogged and there they were. Loot gone, of course. But you're there for murder anyway, so NBD.

Unfortunate and annoying, but this isn't a deal breaker for me, as long a relog resolves it. Waste of time, though.

The only time I had this was when I blew one up with dumbfires from a much higher altitude than normal and it didn't register against the mission. Thankfully it was for bonus cash on a reactivation mission so I didn't need to complete it.

I do all my scavenger killing from the air though (I play using Voice Attack due to shoulder problems and ground based combat isn't an option).

Might be worth doing some testing as to whether range of kill is an issue in the SRV unless you're 100% sure the missing guy wasn't accidentally killed and just didn't register.

Had one now - daylight, and I come with Apex. so no luxury SRV to locate the fraking ghost.... After half hour searching, for the dumb NPC, another ship unloaded 10 more scavs !
I said, look, EDevs fixed the missing scav by adding 10 + !
But no, I overestimated the EDevs - my mission also transformed from "kill 10 scavs" to "kill 20 scavs " !!! 🤬 🤬 🤬

Killed the new bunch, and I am back to the same situation - 19 of 20 killed, one still missing.
No way to locate him, is daylight so not even the "light" to see where he is... No SRV...
This game is more bugged than a 7 months rotten corpse...

The 10th might just have walked away. I have seen it. All you can do is log out and back in or leave and return. Both should respawn all the NPCs.

Steve 07.

The 10th might just have walked away. I have seen it. All you can do is log out and back in or leave and return. Both should respawn all the NPCs.

Steve 07.
I just give-up.... the game design is abysmal....I spent more than 1h for a thing who should take 5 min... frustrating as hell...

I just give-up.... the game design is abysmal....I spent more than 1h for a thing who should take 5 min... frustrating as hell...
When the missing NPC does not show up, all you can do is a respawn, and not waste too much time. If you SC away and return there is another lot of loot. Look on it as a silver lining.

Steve 07.

When the missing NPC does not show up, all you can do is a respawn, and not waste too much time. If you SC away and return there is another lot of loot. Look on it as a silver lining.

Steve 07.
I returned to base and saved my loot ( I powered the station) - and give-up the mission. Not worth the trouble - the loot was 10x bigger than the mission reward ...

Hello, after U10, almost every second scav misson same behaviour. Last man doesn't show.
The Oddy is bugged as hell, but since they fixed "the enemy not showing red" I returned at my "first love" - space and bounty hunting ; If I want to play a shooter, are 20 years old RPG games much better than the Oddy bag of bugs...
A life-time of grinding for what - same missions , same settlements, same mechanics, and bugs... tons of bugs... I got bored pretty fast, I confess.
I consider the "root" of the game - the EDH - still the best part. Oddy is still ly behind of what one can call a mature, good game.

Last edited:
I had one where the last scav was no where to be found (drove around in an SRV with the contacts panel open, was a smaller settlement too so should have seen them show up in the list). Fixed it by relogging inside the settlement. My theory is that they must have spawned under ground and fell to the center of the planet (putting them far out of reach of the contacts panel). Whether you super cruise in or log in seems to impact location/placements of things (boxes, people).
Yes, this is usualy what happens with "missing" scavs. Sometimes, on certain settlements, they can spawn embedded into ground by half of thier bodies (this can vary how much they bury into ground), and if they move, or go into "attack" stance, it can cause them to fall, but it can also "unplug" them from ground. Thats why sometimes few attempts are needed.

To fix its very simple... reseting instance will do. Best done by re-enter supercruz, and drop back... as relogging instead of this, will cause all loot to be gone, its mechanic to prevent material farming by reloggin. But if one dont plan loot, wanting just kill scavs, relogging might be faster solution to this.

Have yet to had mission like this wich had "missing" scavs, that would reseting instance once or twice did not help. And its usually is when I pick a 10 manufactured instructions reward mission from npcs after hardest negotiate as succesfull.

But some folks who taken voice here are unpatient, and they will rather waste thier time complain how ED:0dd is bad and broken, here on forums on every possible chance, while they could still finish thier mission regadless, but they didnt, as they have no idea how game works... How silly of them, but reading thier stories gives me a laugh every time I see it. :ROFLMAO:

I have tried to finish problematic mission ~5 times. But same result. BTW similar issue is with legal massacre mission. I have tried to find him by SRV or on console in staff list.

Still an issue .. same behaviour. Last man doesn't show .. relogging / juming out and in is not 'a fix' .. it's a workaround that "sometimes'' might work .. in fact it's an issue: plain and simple as that.

Top Bottom