Simple Guide for Unlocking all of the Guardian Tech

Just to add my little spin on it all...

Forget about collecting Obelisk data and Sentinel scrap at the two active Guardian sites.
I mean, sure, scoop up the debris from any Sentinels you destroy and scan any Obelisks you notice but don't worry about collecting specific amounts of anything.

Concentrate on activating the Guardian machine and collecting the BP fragments you need.

When you've got all the BP fragments you need, head to Col 173 Sector QU-O D6-25. Planet 5B.

It's got a Guardian Structure site and it's got 2 Guardian Ruins sites on it, all of which show up on your Nav HUD.

Go to the Guardian Structure site and it spawns a heap of Sentinels which you can actually have some fun blasting for the mat's.
You'll have to re-log but it's MUCH easier to get the required parts 'cos the Sentinels just spawn immediately when you enter the site.

Head over to one of the Ruins sites and scan the Obelisks there to get the data you need.
They're big sites with heaps of active Obelisks and you get 2x data from every scan.

Took me two nights of "play" at the 2 active sites to get about half the stuff I needed for all the Guardian items.
Thought I'd try the 3rd site just for a change of scenery and I got all the rest of the mat's and the data in about an hour.

Seriously, don't waste your time farming Sentinels and Obelisks at the 2 active Guardian sites.
It's cripplingly slow.
Get the BP fragments and then go to the 3rd site to get the mat's and the data.

Pretty sure that's the whole reason the 3rd site exists. ;)

EDIT

Oh, and for "easy mode", go in a DBX with a Point Defence mounted somewhere on top.

You'll be able to land a DBX within the limits of the sites.
Then your PD will be able to shoot down all the missiles the Sentinels shoot at you while you laugh at them.

Commander Stealthie,

If you see this, please update your post to indicate that this site will be labeled Ancient Ruins [2], as the other one does not fit your description. Also, you indicate that you can get mats in addition to data, but I don't see any destructible panels, or mats laying around. Please clarify how those are obtained at this site as well.

Thanks,

Riôt

Commander Stealthie,

If you see this, please update your post to indicate that this site will be labeled Ancient Ruins [2], as the other one does not fit your description. Also, you indicate that you can get mats in addition to data, but I don't see any destructible panels, or mats laying around. Please clarify how those are obtained at this site as well.

Thanks,

Riôt

The Guardian Structure site on Col 173 Sector QU-O D6-25, Planet 5B provides plenty of opportunity to collect manufactured Guardian mat's.
It has relics, arches, Sentinels and all the other stuff the other sites have.
The only thing it doesn't have is an operational Terminal - which is why I suspect that it's intended purpose is purely as a source of mat's.

From there, you can take-off and fly a couple of hundred km (IIRC) to a Guardian Ruin site which is an "ampitheatre" site and has heaps of Obelisks which can be scanned for the encoded Guardian mat's.
Presumably, that's the one you're saying is labelled "Guardian Ruins [2]"

The Guardian Structure site on Col 173 Sector QU-O D6-25, Planet 5B provides plenty of opportunity to collect manufactured Guardian mat's.
It has relics, arches, Sentinels and all the other stuff the other sites have.
The only thing it doesn't have is an operational Terminal - which is why I suspect that it's intended purpose is purely as a source of mat's.

From there, you can take-off and fly a couple of hundred km (IIRC) to a Guardian Ruin site which is an "ampitheatre" site and has heaps of Obelisks which can be scanned for the encoded Guardian mat's.
Presumably, that's the one you're saying is labelled "Guardian Ruins [2]"

I see - I read your post again, to be sure that I wasn't making an error, and it's that one sentence towards the end that indicates you can get mats as well as data at the "3rd site," which would be Ancient Ruins [2], but you can't. This is also not the site that is a few hundred kilometers from the Structure, that would be Ancient Ruins [1].

I am not picking at you deliberately, just trying to make sure things are clear for others that might follow. What you posted is, otherwise, most helpful indeed for gathering data. If you (or anyone else) ever come across a location that gives out more than 3-4 Epsilon scans reliably, that would be even better, and certainly worth adding at that time.

Riôt

I see - I read your post again, to be sure that I wasn't making an error, and it's that one sentence towards the end that indicates you can get mats as well as data at the "3rd site," which would be Ancient Ruins [2], but you can't. This is also not the site that is a few hundred kilometers from the Structure, that would be Ancient Ruins [1].

I am not picking at you deliberately, just trying to make sure things are clear for others that might follow. What you posted is, otherwise, most helpful indeed for gathering data. If you (or anyone else) ever come across a location that gives out more than 3-4 Epsilon scans reliably, that would be even better, and certainly worth adding at that time.

Riôt

The phrase "the third site" refers to it being the third of the three Structure sites revealed by Ram Tah back whenever.

I'd hope that the preceding three paragraphs which repeatedly differentiate between the Structure site and the Ruins site on the same planet would be enough to allow people to understand the instructions.

In fact, you're the first person - of many - who's managed to misunderstand what I wrote.

For giggles (and if you in a hurry) and you follow Stealthie's advice on the DBX you can unlock the module data without taking on the Sentinels at all . . . sure they'll spawn and chase your SRV around like crazy but if you manage your pips it's completely doable in 5 mins.

This is a pretty solid guide, but I'm still having a world of trouble identifying the pylons to be charged in the dark at the site on SYNUEFE NL-N C23-4. I've collected enough materials from killing skimmers for the module I want to unlock (FSD Booster).

Anyone want to help a brother out with charging up the pylons & getting a module blueprint ? ;-) Timezone-wise I'm in UTC +10 (Eastern Aus) but can be flexible with times to suit you as best I can. If anyone can help out, hit me up with a PM. Cheers

I’m in the wrong time zone but the best way to locate the pylons is to scope the site from the air, with night vision if necessary. Initially they are underground with just a triangular cover on the surface.

Hi CMDR Eratosthenes. Vertical's advice is sound. You probably have but if not, it might help to downloaded the maps on to paper from DizzyB High's page 1 original post which shows where the pylons are buried (click spoiler links). Make sure you know where you have landed your ship in relation to the map. Keep ship lights on facin towards the base as a visual waypoint. Don't drive too quick or be bullied by the sentinels (actually pretty harmless) and take your time to uncover all Pylons before you start charging them. For SYNUEFE NL-N C23-4 Planet B3 the data orb point is on top of a structure that you’ll need to jump your SRV up to reach (far right middle on the map). You need to collect only 1 x guardian relic (long blue crystal on top of a column) to release the data orb. Once you have driven around the map a few times you'll get a sense of where everything is (I spent a long time doing just this before I got a sense of it). Good luck.

I went back to the "Modules" Guardian site last night for the first time in about a year...seems I'd forgotten EVERYTHING from my last trip there lol. It was dark, which didn't help plus I thought I'd landed at the end opposite where you collect the BP's but I wasn't. So, got pretty turned around.

Managed to park my DBX very close by, so missiles from those Sentinels went pop before they got more than a few metres. Nice. I did notice that the Sentinels appear to be a lot weaker than I remember. I recall being knocked about a bit, and taking some damage, even with the handbrake on. This time I could quite leisurely engage them and they were zero actual threat. I didn't "get gud" or anything in the interim time since my last trip, likely the opposite in fact.

While I was just setting myself up ready for my next session last night, I did notice that the Pylons did not pop up when I first neared them, which confused me some more as you'd imagine. They eventually did, but I had to get near them / move away a few times before they woke up. A little odd.

My plan this evening is to gather some Module Blueprints and plenty of materials.

Note: visiting this site in darkness is a nightmare! I thought with the new Night vision - I don't think it was a thing last time I tried this - is pretty hopeless. I lose ALL depth perception when it's active and it's difficult to see what's what, using the SRV's lights is much better, though you lose the distant details of course.

I'd bookmarked this guide a year ago, so I'll have another read of it. I assume nothing's changed substantially since this?

Anyway, thought it's about time I complete my Guardian Modules as I only have the FSD boost currently. I might even look at weapons stuff at the other site.

Just want to highlight how totally lost I felt returning to this location at night. Hopefully it's daytime when I next visit, it was the first time I did it a year ago.

Note: I've never set up the Camera suite, I don't even know what the default controls are. I suspect using this to get an overview of the site would be beneficial.

Scoob.

Hi CMDR Eratosthenes. Vertical's advice is sound. You probably have but if not, it might help to downloaded the maps on to paper from DizzyB High's page 1 original post which shows where the pylons are buried (click spoiler links). Make sure you know where you have landed your ship in relation to the map. Keep ship lights on facin towards the base as a visual waypoint. Don't drive too quick or be bullied by the sentinels (actually pretty harmless) and take your time to uncover all Pylons before you start charging them. For SYNUEFE NL-N C23-4 Planet B3 the data orb point is on top of a structure that you’ll need to jump your SRV up to reach (far right middle on the map). You need to collect only 1 x guardian relic (long blue crystal on top of a column) to release the data orb. Once you have driven around the map a few times you'll get a sense of where everything is (I spent a long time doing just this before I got a sense of it). Good luck.

Thanks to you as well Grey Areaz ;-)

I went back to the "Modules" Guardian site last night for the first time in about a year...seems I'd forgotten EVERYTHING from my last trip there lol. It was dark, which didn't help plus I thought I'd landed at the end opposite where you collect the BP's but I wasn't. So, got pretty turned around.

-SNIP

Scoob.

And also to you Scoob, some good advice :)

This is a pretty solid guide, but I'm still having a world of trouble identifying the pylons to be charged in the dark at the site on SYNUEFE NL-N C23-4. I've collected enough materials from killing skimmers for the module I want to unlock (FSD Booster).

Anyone want to help a brother out with charging up the pylons & getting a module blueprint ? ;-) Timezone-wise I'm in UTC +10 (Eastern Aus) but can be flexible with times to suit you as best I can. If anyone can help out, hit me up with a PM. Cheers
I've just had a look at that site, it's one of the easier ones, can be done pretty fast.
Tried to take an aerial pic with all pylons activated, but my PC's just had a fit. :(

I'm in the UK although I keep odd hours.

Shoot me a PM here if you want to wing-up at the guardian sites.

Note: I've never set up the Camera suite, I don't even know what the default controls are. I suspect using this to get an overview of the site would be beneficial.

I know we have the camera-suite but I always thought it'd be kind of cool if there was some kind of deployable "recon drone" fitted to the SRV (ala Blade Runner 2049).

You'd launch it and it'd provide, erm, basically exactly what you can see using the camera-suite.
Additionally, it'd be nice if you could use the drone view to add waypoints to steer the SRV toward.
So, you'd use the drone to locate, say, a guardian obelisk, add a waypoint, recall the drone and then there'd be a waypoint on your scanner/compass that you could steer the SRV toward.

It's funny, my first time at this site the Sentinels gave me a fairly hard time, despite me doing the "right" things in regards to using the handbrake, managing PiP's and having the covering fire of a ship-mounted Point Defence nearby. Now, after my dabble last night, I have zero fear of the Sentinels, but I just got sooo lost in the dark lol. Plus those Pylons not popping out confused me at first - I thought the entire site might be broken.

Still, I'm there and ready to have a proper crack at it this evening, time permitting....gonna swat up on that guide...

Scoob.

So, I did this again this evening, just to get one BP, not multiple ones. It wasn't quite as pitch black as it was last night when I arrived, but it was still dark. Bright SRV lighting still far far better than night vision though.

I tried to be "smart" this time - guess how that went? lol - and trigger as many Sentinels as I could prior to doing anything else. So, I wandered around the Pylon locations and having rather a lot of Sentinels pop out, which I destroyed. I then returned to the first Pylon - the first in the sorta wobbly figure eight pattern I planned to do and triggered it. No Sentinel. Nice. I proceeded to do the second and the third in this pattern, followed by the forth, fifth and Sixth as you'd expect. However, these latter pylons triggered more Sentinels to appear. I burnt through my entire SRV ammo doing this one activation round, and I make every shot count, no just spamming bullets! I don't recall there being so many Sentinels before, but they are easy to fight, so it's fine.

With all six Pylons triggered and ample time left, I go to drop off the Artefact - which I'd already collected earlier. I approach the spot and notice it's not glowing as expected. I wondered if it was just a visual glitch, they happen from time to time, and drop the Artefact anyway. It pops out a short distance from my SRV, try again, fail again.

I double-check the Pylons and notice the first one had deactivated its self - no, I didn't run out of time - so I had to go and reactivate it again. Thankfully I had time, even during my initial faffing about with the Artefact, I still had over five minutes on the clock.

So, I return to the drop point and now it's glowing as expected. I drop the Artefact, and four Sentinels pop up, I ignore them - lots of cover, only one hitting me - and scan the Orb before it retracts, I then go and take out the remaining four Sentinels.

Basically, this was a little bit more eventful than I expected. Firstly, more Sentinels than I recall, then that glitch with the first pylon deactivating despite it categorically being activated - you really can't mistake the active state after all - but, other than those, it went ok.

However, this really isn't even remotely fun! I sorta enjoyed it the first time...I think I did at least, but this time it was a bit rubbish. Clunky SRV controls on rough terrain frustrate, though I note that is was markedly better than I recall, and SRV targetting default controls suck. I also noticed that I couldn't target the Pylons, so had to manually align the turret - meaning on one gun landed shots reliably...should it be targetable?

Anyway, thought I'd share my up to date feedback on this. I expect I'll just go around collecting bits and data now...not sure I have the energy to do another few runs at this. Not fun.

Edit: you know, I thought I might do another run this evening, or at least collect some materials while I'm here...but I really lack motivation to play any more this eve. I get that some like this, I think it's a bit boring. If controls were better - perhaps I can tweak things a bit - and the SRV wasn't quite so clunky then I'd enjoy it more. I do quite like surface driving - when material hunting - in general, but the terrain here is a little too unforgiving.

Scoob.

Last edited:
With all six Pylons triggered and ample time left, I go to drop off the Artefact - which I'd already collected earlier. I approach the spot and notice it's not glowing as expected. I wondered if it was just a visual glitch, they happen from time to time, and drop the Artefact anyway. It pops out a short distance from my SRV, try again, fail again.

I double-check the Pylons and notice the first one had deactivated its self - no, I didn't run out of time - so I had to go and reactivate it again. Thankfully I had time, even during my initial faffing about with the Artefact, I still had over five minutes on the clock.

Did you get the "All Pylons activated" message?

The countdown starts when you activate the first pylon but then, after you get the "All pylons activated" message the timer stops again so there's no rush to reach the terminal and bung a relic at it.

Point is the game, itself, should tell you where it thinks you're up to.
If the game thinks you haven't activated all the pylons the timer will keep running.
If the game thinks you've activated all 6 pylons, it should stop the timer and give you the message.

Incidentally, I was just lurking around the modules site and there was somebody there, activating pylons in their SRV, and I could see they'd activated five pylons and the sixth was still hiding underground.
I hovered over it and shot a couple of laser-blasts at it to guide the SRV to it but the other CMDR just headed to the terminal instead.
Imagine my surprise when he dumped the relic into the terminal and got his BP fragment. 🤨
Even though, as far as I could see, only 5 of the 6 pylons had been triggered.

I guess there is some oddness related to this stuff but my guess would be that it's an "persistence" thing - even though I could only see 5 pylons active, I assume he was seeing all 6 active.

Did you get the "All Pylons activated" message?

The countdown starts when you activate the first pylon but then, after you get the "All pylons activated" message the timer stops again so there's no rush to reach the terminal and bung a relic at it.

Point is the game, itself, should tell you where it thinks you're up to.
If the game thinks you haven't activated all the pylons the timer will keep running.
If the game thinks you've activated all 6 pylons, it should stop the timer and give you the message.

Incidentally, I was just lurking around the modules site and there was somebody there, activating pylons in their SRV, and I could see they'd activated five pylons and the sixth was still hiding underground.
I hovered over it and shot a couple of laser-blasts at it to guide the SRV to it but the other CMDR just headed to the terminal instead.
Imagine my surprise when he dumped the relic into the terminal and got his BP fragment. 🤨
Even though, as far as I could see, only 5 of the 6 pylons had been triggered.

I guess there is some oddness related to this stuff but my guess would be that it's an "persistence" thing - even though I could only see 5 pylons active, I assume he was seeing all 6 active.
Yep, had that earlier today with another commamder, pretty much same circumstances.
Pylon down, still got the blueprint.:confused:

Top Bottom