Since Horizons will be free....

I have the cash. Give me a decent product and I'll be happy. What I don't want is Star Wars Episode IV "A New Hope" in reverse. A game where you start off in the franchise flying spaceships and battling the evil Empire. By the end you're a farmer with a multi tool walking around on a desert planet with two moons. Oh, wait...

I like that analogy :)

Can thoses of us that paid for it get a discount on Odyssey? I mean... Yall just gonna rocketleague us?

Pretty sure the 5 years people have had out of Horizons is worth the £20 they paid (on average) for it.

Do think Horizons should be "free" with Odyssey, though.
As in, bundled with it so that Odyssey players get the "full package".

I think I might get a second account finally when the base game and horizons are rolled into one. Not sure how to go about it or what I'd do with a second account though

I think I might get a second account finally when the base game and horizons are rolled into one. Not sure how to go about it or what I'd do with a second account though
Second (and third in my case) accounts progress much quicker because you already know so much. But they can be a drag for exactly the same reason. Engineers and Guardian sites again? So I've one in the bubble, one based in Colonia and the third I need to have words with. He's wandered off into the void with a well equipped Phantom and is not returning any calls...

I have the cash. Give me a decent product and I'll be happy. What I don't want is Star Wars Episode IV "A New Hope" in reverse. A game where you start off in the franchise flying spaceships and battling the evil Empire. By the end you're a farmer with a multi tool walking around on a desert planet with two moons. Oh, wait...
I'm gonna be honest. I'd be ok with that. I've done everything, seen everything, and killed everything. It might be nice to disappear out of the bubble and settle down on a nice little rock and farm space cabbages.

You are getting some paint jobs like these:
Aren't they enough?
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/attachments/krait_mkiilrpo_azure_stars_1920-jpg.189637/
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/attachments/cutter_lrpo_azure_stars_1920-jpg.189636/
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/attachments/anaconda_lrpo_azure_stars_1920-jpg.189635/
We are? Where was this posted? I can't keep up with all the excitement everywhere.

Why can't the Forum be like the old days, slow with no news for months? 🤷‍♂️

We are? Where was this posted? I can't keep up with all the excitement everywhere.

Why can't the Forum be like the old days, slow with no news for months? 🤷‍♂️

They could gift Horizons owners ship skins, but instead to gift all players the same skins, probably for ships they wont use, give them the choice which skins they would like to pick up as a gift from the ship skin store.

Some? I think it's one for every single ship, no? I think that's pretty generous to be honest - the only issue I have with it is that soon every single player ship you'll encounter will likely have the same colour:)

Not me, I'll be in my ultra-exclusive (maybe) Midnight Black paint job, thank you very much.

I'm gonna be honest. I'd be ok with that. I've done everything, seen everything, and killed everything. It might be nice to disappear out of the bubble and settle down on a nice little rock and farm space cabbages.

I think you just reached Elite enlightenment, and have completed the game. So tell me, what's Raxxla like? :p

Last edited:
Let's see. Long about 5 years ago, a "season pass" came out. We put hours and hours of game play into that and now, that entitles us to more for the money that we paid? What strange and wonderful planet's business ways are of this ilk, pray-tell?

I like the idea of a special ship! I want a canopy and cockpit placed on the back end of my ship so that I can fly around backwards and really turn heads!
Watch out, cabbage farmers on/in/at (whatever) Raxxla! ;) I'll get there, and when I do, I'm bringing my butt-end ship, baby!

Woo hoo!

I'm glad they finally decided to give it away free for all base Elite owners. This game had plently of discounts and was also included in several bundles dirty cheap, so it makes sense. Although paintjobs don't look so hawt, at least for me, but that's personal preferences only, so whatever.

But now that I think of it, if there will be only 1 version left in the launcher, because it makes sense from support standpoint, right? How am I supposed to recover from being stuck in SRV?...

Last edited:
Don't get stuck in an SRV?

I'm not too worried Horizons is free, so long as Odyssey is discounted as an actual Horizons customer, otherwise I basically got screwed.

Don't get stuck in an SRV?

I'm not too worried Horizons is free, so long as Odyssey is discounted as an actual Horizons customer, otherwise I basically got screwed.

Is it reasonable to assume that an annoying but not particularly critical 4 year old design flaw will get fixed or did someone not think this through and forget to take into account that loading into the vanilla game is a work-around for getting stuck in an SRV, which was never fixed because it was pretty easy to just work around it?

Top Bottom