News Single Player Combat Build Now Available for Beta Backers

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Its looking positive - got the Elite window open and its downloading slowly.

Tell me why I done this when Brazil v Germany has just kicked off????:):)

Its looking positive - got the Elite window open and its downloading slowly.

Tell me why I done this when Brazil v Germany has just kicked off????:):)

Thanks for all your help and advice peeps - got it loaded and ready to play, time to break out the new controller!

Hi folks does anyone know the size of the files to be downloaded and how much internet use the game uses?

Once you downloaded the launcher and let it download the rest of the game you shouldn't need any internet use to play the single player missions. Just start the launcher then log in with your account and will take you to single player missions. Hope that helps and have fun.

Why do I suck so much at this? One the one with the Patrol of 4 ships, I just seem to be dying over and over again.

It's hard one. First, learn how to use power management. You can use cursor keys to assign power fast to either engine, system (shields) or weapons (see Sidewinder manual for more in-depth explanation). Fly around in first scenario and learn how switch them fast. It is essential to beat hard fights. When you fly towards fighters, you need all power to the shields because otherwise they will cut you down fast. Also when flying fast them, put power into engines to increase pitch speed. And when you get them on your sights, pick by one, and put as much power you can to weapons, but don't forget that there are other three ones biting your backside.

Second, remember that fastest turning/pitch rate is when speed is in "blue" zone. Too low or too fast and you will turn really slow.

After setting up the T.Flight up I go into the first mission.

BOOM suck it canisters! oh yeah I am THE MAN!

First kill: Mwahahaha I am invincible!

sidewinders... um I am sorry please don't hurt me. Oh god why! Nooooooo.

6th try BOOM! gotcha you freaking sidewinder! mwahahaha. [I had no sheilds and 24 Hull left hah.]

It is a lot harder than I thought it would be but I think I am getting better bit by bit... anyway it is late and I have work tomo... er later today.

NOTE: I really hope my config is saved it took ages to mess around with the control settings.

I received email notice that the beta install download was available at my rewards page, but so far there is no such link after following the email link. Am I looking in the wrong place?

The single missions are not easy the first time you do them. I hope many of you appreciate that fact. The canisters do not fight back, so perfect to learn to fly. Second mission that ship really is easy to beat, once you learn the controls. It only gets harder as you progress so practice, practice, practice.

This is day one, don't expect to beat everything instantly or to be challenged. When you hit incursion with the 5th wave being the Cobra Radiant Dawn it gets a lot harder then on out. You will fight 3 against one, and even 4 against one. You will take out an Anaconda also with a SideWinder if you get good enough in the incursion scenario. What makes it so hard, no missiles, and you haven't gotten repaired since the missions begin.

Have fun, don't get frustrated it is a game. Some never beat all of incursion and it won't matter it is just to hone you combat practice. I beat all missions one time. That Anaconda is something like 19 wins for them and one for me. Just making it to that wave is an accomplishment. It is a long haul, but fun.

Calebe

NOW i'm MORE confused ??
Michael.. as Pbeta do I/we need to down load this "update" =single person combat"?
OR. is this the same 'single player' scenarios with waste cans ,first kill etc?

Also very confused?! So there is no single player game yet, just the the scenarios?
I had this since installing PB2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom