Small Worlds Expedition 3!!!

Well done to all that stayed with it. After WP2 I headed back, the Xbox version crashed so much that the planet meetups could only be described as unplayable😖
I think I’ll do the route again at some later date as some of the screen shots are great. I’ll try again in the future with community trips but must admit the exploring as a group thing sounded great but was frustrating in actual experience.
Hope frontier gets better at keeping their game running for these sort of trips.
Interestingly enough it was planet surface meetups that continually crashed but in orbit seemed ok.

ohm0Iy739pQ
ohm0Iy739pQ
[video=youtube_share;ohm0Iy739pQ]https://youtu.be/ohm0Iy739pQ[/video]

Last edited:
Just wanted to add a small word of thanks to the leaders of this event - thanks very much for the organisation, assistance, guidance and patience you showed to all of us. I got a great deal from the expedition, not least of which:

- completed my first ever expedition, almost without problems (of my own causing)
- completed my first ever actual exploration trip (never been outside the bubble before)
- maxxed out *completely* in almost all of the raw materials
- got an invitation from Professor Palin (only had to go an extra 3000ly out, as opposed to doing the whole 5000 from scratch)
- learned a great deal about my DBX (and how my AspX and exploration Anaconda should be built)
- got my name on a great many stellar bodies out there (I'm really part of the game, now!)
- earned quite a few million from the exploration data
- obtained 5 system permits from selling my exploration data (I chose Nastrond, Jotun, Crom, Van Maanens Star and Isinor)
- saw some remarkable systems and stellar bodies
- made friends with a great many other Commanders, whom I hope to see in-game again
- got promoted to Pioneer in exploration

My next exploration trip should be much more comfortable, having achieved all of the above, so yeah - thanks guys!

CMDR Philip Bannor

Thanks for all that came out and enjoyed the expedition, because we certainly did! It was a great time having you all hang out with us and having a grand time as well at the waypoints.

Thanks all, until next time!

Thanks everyone who made it possible and everyone who was such a great company!

I'll try and pull my screenshots off my PS4 to make an album at some point.

Just our of curiosity, anyone thought of making an RL patch for the expedition? I'd buy one! :)

Thanks to PS4 CMDRs Repairman_Patch, ToxicDeepEyes, F8TL_FURY, GEEZEUK, ORANGELION71, TheremHarth, Atlas-M89, Willmysta, Blue_Dragon, ToouchSugar, Scithius, ZeroEmpathyZero, GeneralWasted and any others I may have missed.

Thanks for making it such a fun expedition. Hope to see you all out in the black and in further expeditions o7.

Here is a montage video of the highlights.

[video=youtube_share;7LceduxwjX8]https://youtu.be/7LceduxwjX8[/video]

another big thankyou from me for a fun little expedition.
As a gift back, below is a little grab of some shenanigans at Waypoint 8. Hope you enjoy it!

[video=youtube;tJ2URXgV9mE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ2URXgV9mE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Hi cmdrs,

First and foremost a big thank you to everyone involved in running the expedition. It was very well organized and the meetings and activities around were a great fun. Also, meeting so many like-minded commanders was a bliss.

I have been playing ED for quite some time but this was my first official expedition an I enjoyed it a lot. Also, I very much like the idea of small ships only, which makes it accessible to new players and is a good reminder of the great fun small ships offer to those who seldom get out of their condas and vettes :)

Hope to see you lot some other time in the future.

Fly safe and watch your six!

Cmdr Zdenek-Joerg over and out

Last edited:
I'm still out on this expedition, currently waiting for a fine view of a nebula to rise for another screenshot. Been busy here with things, so definetly slow rolling it. I'll post all the picks here when I'm able to.

Cheers, Commanders, and sorry I missed the meetups. Maybe I'll get to see some of you on DW2. o7

PS: Thanks to the organizers for setting up these waypoints. Definitely some nice views to enjoy. :)

Last edited:
The sixth waypoint isn't showing up for me on the galactic map as a place to navigate to as "Fire Ring Sector JH-V C2-4." Any suggestions? I'll drop on the Discord and see if anyone is about. Will update this based on results.

Last edited:
I've been meaning to post these for some time. Cheers.

Waypoint 0 (launch site) – T Tauri A 1 A (coordinates -72.14, 99.26)

60tf2u8.jpg

N1j7NtK.jpg

Waypoint 1 – HIP 23759 9 A (coordinates 9.02, -142.41)

XsPrT8y.jpg

Waypoint 2 – TRAPEZIUM Sector CG-X D1-18 ABC 2 C A (coordinates -12.55,-61.23)

E0V7QrA.jpg

WK1ULPP.jpg

Waypoint 3 – HIP 38064 4 (coordinates -69.83, -129.73)

crvtslx.jpg

Waypoint 4 – CD-39 6137 2 A (coordinates 19.89, -125.84)

7BSU0XW.jpg

id9jVVs.jpg

Waypoint 5 – KN Muscae 1 (coordinates -5.25, -0.95)

ZUSVUt4.jpg

l5iJY0Q.jpg

Waypoint 6 – Fine Ring Sector JH-V C2-4 C 2 (coordinates 10.94, 41.02)

QiE9HkH.jpg

KB7GPpv.jpg

fp1LzfH.jpg

xSclCfJ.jpg

3W8dW46.jpg

ztOpmJo.jpg

Waypoint 7 – IC 4604 Sector FB-X C1-16 A 1 A (coordinates -3.74, 29.41)

VuLcLcc.jpg

c8WyLSK.jpg

0lQhlZq.jpg

xEpoh0z.jpg

Waypoint 8 – Veil West Sector DL-Y D68 D 4 F (coordinates -49.06, -82.08)

gUR7soy.jpg

4DhGi5Y.jpg

QXHhRve.jpg

Rdc60p8.jpg

cDtsJmm.jpg

zfnsl59.jpg

Yes, I had to go back for another look.

PE38bYs.jpg

BtljXnW.jpg

Waypoint 9 – LBN 623 Sector FW-W D1-100 6 A (coordinates 76.29, 90.24)

oxBsQBk.jpg

q40eZbw.jpg

4EDbC74.jpg

vtl221J.jpg

Nrd7W3c.jpg

ubefNTP.jpg

Top Bottom