So, about 2.4...

I bet they have plenty of cool things we don't know about coming in 2.4. Don't meh it, give it a chance :D

Although I obviously hope you're right, after the poorest year of this game's development when all we got was 2.3 which was very frugal to say the least, it's very, very hard to get enthusiastic right now...

Although I obviously hope you're right, after the poorest year of this game's development when all we got was 2.3 which was very frugal to say the least, it's very, very hard to get enthusiastic right now...

I stopped playing Elite to play Mechwarrior Online because I'm a grognard like that. Anyway, the rundown for that game was pay 70 dollars every time you want a new Mech, and PGI only tweaked spreadsheets. Finally though, after some 5 years, they've added a few new weapons, and a decal system. Still the same 6-8 maps, still the same crap.

So then I tried IL-2 BOS for its VR. The VR was horrible, and anyone complaining about it was silenced with "I'll tell them to just take it out" and "It's not a bug that your framerate drops by 50-60% whenever text is on screen". Also that game cost 80 dollars, with 20 dollar add on planes and 2 other sets that cost 80 dollars too. Both teams, PGI and 777 studios claim they don't have enough manpower or money to develop at a normal rate of speed.

By comparison, the Fdev team is giving us 10 fold the updates on an even more shoestring budget. That's why as soon as I'm getting cashflow again I'm going to buy every damn paint job and everything for this game. Hell, I must have spent 800 on Mechwarrior Online, and I know I've spent 200 on IL-2. Meanwhile I'm still impressed by Elite for a measly 100 bucks. This is why Elite always wins.

verminstar

Banned
I bet they have plenty of cool things we don't know about coming in 2.4. Don't meh it, give it a chance :D

Many people have said this exact thing on the eve of every update since I started...how did that work out ye might ask...sort of a mixed bag in that respect :x

The more recent trend would lead one to assume its gonna be a major escalation of this thargoid stuff. Pieces have been moved on the board that many have either missed or werent interested in, and stories have been played out. Time fer the next chapter cos they really aint gonna take a step back at this point...the point of no return.

Thats predictable...any the stuff Im personally interested in will be the filler that goes with it...if at all which I highly doubt ^

I don't know. 2.3 has already had several updates. The base DLC came with some pretty significant upgrades.

Multi-Crew
Holo-Me
Asteroid Bases
Death by Raining Skimmers

Just to name a few.

Details: Soon.

Frontier said 2.4 would launch in Q3 2017. That means September at the latest. That's before Frontier Expo in October.

It's time to put Peekson McWeekson in the newsletters again.

What if they held off until October to drop it, but showed us teasers at the Frontier Exhibition of Fun?

Frontier said 2.4 would launch in Q3 this year. That is BEFORE October.

Says here Elite Dangerous: Horizons 2.4 – The Return will launch for all platforms in Q3 2017.

Last edited:

verminstar

Banned
Well, I can only assume.

I haven't died from them yet, so I find them hilarious. I'll let you know if one gets me though. If so, it becomes a serious problem. ;)

I have along with 2 passengers and almost 120 tonnes of cargo spread out over several reputation sucking missions in the python. That was after 2 hours of scanning geyser beacons here there and everywhere. Most vexing ^

Top Bottom