So cross platform?

I'm super tired of forum white nights telling me to smile.

Listen up:

And you think equality got nothing to do with it?

they anger less people with not doing it at all, instead of excluding a whole community. It's not as black and white you always seems to think..

verminstar

Banned
Indeed, all that negativity here..

Guess you all forgot that as soon it was out Xbox will get a HOTAS, Frontier played ball, as soon as it was know PS4Pro, and XboxoneX would come, Frontier played ball.

And now with crossplay, if this will be really a thing, Frontier will do everything in their power to make it happen.

Y'all glass half empty kind of people.. Lighten up..

Tis a little difficult to be optimistic when yer game crashes every ten minutes in the SRV...tis a shame FD dont consider console game breaking bugs as priority...makes yer light hearted attempt at humour look a bit feeble truth be told. They want us smiling then give us something to smile about...otherwise...

Tis a little difficult to be optimistic when yer game crashes every ten minutes in the SRV...tis a shame FD dont consider console game breaking bugs as priority...makes yer light hearted attempt at humour look a bit feeble truth be told. They want us smiling then give us something to smile about...otherwise...

Buy a DB bobble-head..

In my opinion, I doubt Frontier will make Elite Dangerous completely cross play between the three platforms. The BGS already is behind the scenes, but with the game’s instancing limitations and issues I doubt Frontier would prioritize such an improvement to take it beyond the BGS. I do agree it would be very nice, I just don’t believe they will make the effort given the current networking status of the game.

I would love to be wrong though.

And you think equality got nothing to do with it?

they anger less people with not doing it at all, instead of excluding a whole community. It's not as black and white you always seems to think..

Equality?

I'm not really sure even you know where you're going with that, Dusty.

Point is that FD didn't want to do it.

Someone else doing it doesn't change that. FD WANTING TO DO IT changes that.

That's always been the case.

I would love to be wrong though.

There are people in this forum who would gladly sacrifice gameplay to win an argument (see my recent thread on C&P). I, on the other hand, would much rather lose a silly argument on this forum if it means improved gameplay and fixed bugs.

Please Frontier, prove me wrong about you (starting with my signature). Make me a fool - I will joyfully be the court jester of the forum for a better gaming experience :D

21167.jpg

There are people in this forum who would gladly sacrifice gameplay to win an argument (see my recent thread on C&P). I, on the other hand, would much rather lose a silly argument on this forum if it means improved gameplay and fixed bugs.

Please Frontier, prove me wrong about you (starting with my signature). Make me a fool - I will joyfully be the court jester of the forum for a better gaming experience :D

^--- soo this, yes. You have my vote!

You have a much more optimistic view of the "we've nothing to announce" boilerplate than I do, LOL.

Indeed, however I take their excitement and watching it closely in tandem with nothing to announce, adding the fact that it's only just happened, and the reality that creating crossplay for ED will be a logistical nightmare at this point.

Based on that I'm not surprised they have nothing to announce, Sony practically took everyone by surprise doing this. The Xbox/PC crossplay issue has been spoken of before by Frontier staff (probably Gary) and to me it seems that now that all the platforms are amenable to the concept, that's one less hurdle for Frontier to overcome.

Being optimistic about it, I feel like if it's something Frontier want to work towards, then they will be thinking on ways around the problems on their end to make it viable.

It's not going to be easy or happen any time soon I'm sure, but at this point it's no longer insurmountable.

To be fair if FD could have some devs to spare necroing Arena with crossplay support would be excellent marketing move. Add AI bots and you would create perfect gateway drug for Elite world.

Top Bottom