So, frame-rates since the patch, how are yours?

I think I've improved over the last few patches, stations seem better and I don't even have to use any of the upscaling (Run natively at 1440P) to mostly maintain 60FPS on Mostly high settings.

I still need to try some settlements though, and the game seems a bit more stuttery regardless of settings, which I have read lots of reports on. It's irritating but not wholly intolerable.

At least that's consistent.
However, Odyssey's hangar seems to have more detail, so I'm not so sure about the apples to apples.
For comparison, I usually get about 110fps there.
Yeah, they should pretty up Horizons a bit. Maybe come out with a new updated for it. ~260 FPS seems like plenty of headroom to work with... ;)

I would love to see a video of all these amazing frame rates you appear to get in game across the various area's. It seems like the game is optimised for your specific system.
Not video, but it was handy. The ~110 is for my Chieftain.
Screenshot_0880.jpg

For those who may have missed my pics from earlier in the thread, though this is borderless instead of full-screen, which runs just a bit slower for me. Also shows CPU and GPU loads...

d4uO5Q3.png

yyQyWeW.png

For those who may have missed my pics from earlier in the thread, though this is borderless instead of full-screen, which runs just a bit slower for me. Also shows CPU and GPU loads...
Mine's borderless fullscreen, mostly so I can get the mouse out of the window (at least, that's what it took initially).

Mine's borderless fullscreen, mostly so I can get the mouse out of the window (at least, that's what it took initially).
Right on. Yeah, when I was saying I got 34 FPS in Odyssey and about 258 FPS in Horizons that was full-screen tonight. I used borderless to get the other info in the pics.

Cheers.

Just tried the on foot training mission. Was fine on mid even the drop ships and npcs didn’t stutter. There were a couple of frame drops but more or less 60 all the way. The real problem was the fire effects - halved the frame rate. I’m going to try again with high,

30DCC1BE-CC74-4C4A-811F-959CEBB4A733.jpeg

Ooff - training default high - looking at fire - 19 fps - yuk. R9, RTX3060-12gb, 32GB, SMAA 1.0. Otherwise its 50-60 capped. I’m at least expecting 60 everywhere. We’ll see if they can tweak it. Btw very little spare ammo in the training tutorial, and the base we end up in at the end looks awful at a distance.

I run Elite Odyssey on a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. Back when Odyssey was released I was getting around 20 fps at on-foot settlements. Now with the latest patches I am getting close to 30 fps. Gameplay is playable though not as smooth as 60 fps in space flight.

I run Elite Odyssey on a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. Back when Odyssey was released I was getting around 20 fps at on-foot settlements. Now with the latest patches I am getting close to 30 fps. Gameplay is playable though not as smooth as 60 fps in space flight.
Its odd as even with a RTX 3060 it still struggles in settlements - at least on my setup. Any other game is wooosh

Ooff - training default high - looking at fire - 19 fps - yuk. R9, RTX3060-12gb, 32GB, SMAA 1.0. Otherwise its 50-60 capped. I’m at least expecting 60 everywhere. We’ll see if they can tweak it. Btw very little spare ammo in the training tutorial, and the base we end up in at the end looks awful at a distance.
Question - did you delete your graphics settings folder before you tried? I know that helped for me with update 8

What cpu and settings are you using?

I just ran an experiment in the waiting room at the station. When looking from the second floor at the elevators below, the core frequency of the RTX 2070 video card reaches 1900 mhz and starts to get very hot. No game has ever loaded the video card so much. With the help of the application, I reduced the maximum frequency to 1700 mhz, but the fps in the game remained the same 60. It seems that the game loads the video card unnecessarily.

Top Bottom