So I’m just gonna say it. I’m using the advanced docking computer as a vet...

I always wonder why, in the 34th, we require two huge computers, each requiring an entire cargo bay for a task that could easily be accomplished by a 21st century computer the size of a credit card?

Unlike some who've been with ED since the beginning I'm what you might call 'noobish'. I've got about three weeks of gameplay but have accumulated almost a billion cr's and Fed ranking in that time. When I came to the game I wasn't aware there was a docking computer for my Sidewinder, as a result had to learn and master manual landings/ takeoffs. It wasn't until I read here about a docking computer module being available that I tracked one down and have been using it in all of my ships since. It's a major convinience for a myriad of reasons all of them raised here at the forum. I was one who also wanted to see an un-docking computer element added.
For me, docking and undocking the ship isn't where the 'game play' is.
That being said the advanced docking computer module is optional, no one has to use it. I personally like options and hope future ED updates offer more of them, not less.
Here's my wishlist;

• ability to turn off lights/ HUD in cockpit. More cockpit autonomy
  • change HUD color
  • xBox access to VR, or at least the ability to see more of the ship interiors

FWIW you can turn off the HUD completely, not sure what the binding is on consoles.

I will happily use it on my Anaconda
Fairly new to ED, only been playing for a couple of months. Bought my first anaconda a few days ago. Used the ADC for the first few days but noticed that occasionally the conda was getting its belly scraped going into stations. No problems on the way out tho. So been docking and undocking manually, less scrapes that way.

Fairly new to ED, only been playing for a couple of months. Bought my first anaconda a few days ago. Used the ADC for the first few days but noticed that occasionally the conda was getting its belly scraped going into stations. No problems on the way out tho. So been docking and undocking manually, less scrapes that way.
Tho you would think a computer could dock better than a human pilot!

I’ve been using the supercruise assist on some of my PVE stuff. I dig it.

Far too impatient for any docking assists though lol.

BOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOST

Be careful. Sometimes the undocking routine gets stuck in the queue like it does with NPC's. You don't want to share their same destiny, right?

I've been trying the ADC for the past few days, but the auto-launch is a bit too inconsistent for me . Sometimes it does a good job, sometimes it waits too long, and then there's the times it just leaves you up in the rafters.

I'll just be going back to the std DC and let Voice Attack go back to executing the launch sequence which leaves you above the pad with the gear up. I don't generally have any issues getting through the letter box.

I started out using it, switched to hotas and never looked back. I have used it lately for the novelty of it and when I feel like being a lazy . XD. It's fun to watch it screw up with the big ships. It ran into a pole in a asteroid base and bumped the nose of my conda I had right into the side of the base, below the mail slot. Hilarious!!!

I like using the auto undock, personally. I plot my route while the ship is undocking itself and engage manual control as soon as I'm back out of the galaxy map. Sometimes that means I have to finish exiting the station manually, but other times the ship is already out and waiting for me to take control, so I basically am using it as a time saver.

And yep, I realize going into galaxy map is putting a lot of trust in that ADC...but so far it hasn't done any damage to any of my ships. shrug

Well, i usually plot my route between "Launch" and "Docking Clamps Released" (or whatever the announcement is) - so no, no ADC for me.
Sometimes if the station is crowded i just stay there and scan everything so again, no ADC
But i do have the plain DC on both my cargo and passenger Pythons and also on Cutter and Corvette.

I'm using the ADC on two on my ships, a Beluga and a Cutter. It's really useful. As soon as the ship is out of the mail slot I take over manual control and just fly away. But the added comfort is really nice. The Beluga is especially hard to maneuver out of the slot so this is a nice extra.

I've added the Assist Docking Computer as I suck at landing, I go all over the place when it gets to going through the star port window lol. BUT saying that why didn't they just add an option to buy the Supercruise as an assist where you can just get it and turn it off or on when needed

It could be said a computer has one way of doing things but a human can screw up in multiple ways, progress !!
So true. Been getting thru the letter box fine for days now, no belly scrapes, then last night took too much time docking and got blasted by the space station. 12,000,000 cr rebuy 😦

So true. Been getting thru the letter box fine for days now, no belly scrapes, then last night took too much time docking and got blasted by the space station. 12,000,000 cr rebuy 😦
Then took a couple of missions at Leonard Nimoy station and got wiped out twice by an NPC anaconda with shield melting beams etc. Another 24,000,000 cr gone 😭

Top Bottom