So Sandro Sammarco has moved aside. Who has taken the reins then?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I hope he'll still be able to do Frontier live streams in his new job. He's a warm, funny bloke and his streams are the best

Moved to another project at Frontier. Question is WHAT project?
What's next on the list after dinosaurs and coasters?
I know what I'm hoping it will be but .. eyes down for a full house.

Goose4291

Banned
Ahhh...less "handwavium" perhaps? Does the new guy want to rethink the mechanics behind SLFs and Multi-Crew etc...
Oh...and hopefully no more winding the community up with "Elite going Open Only" for LOLs

To be fair, Brookes was responsible for the handwavium and ill thought out lore justifications.

Oh...and hopefully no more winding the community up with "Elite going Open Only" for LOLs

But it wasn't that, was it? It was Open Powerplay only, and nothing else. Sandro stated that over and over, and yet the squeals of slopes and trip hazards never went away by a vocal minority.

I have a hope Adam Woods will be a lead designer.
A guy is playing that game, developing that game and i think can be most competent person for that job.

I do like Adam, and he seems to have his head screwed on right. I've also met him IRL.

The problem is he is a big Dirty Fed fan.

To be fair, Brookes was responsible for the handwavium and ill thought out lore justifications.

Brookes certainly wasn't responsible for the lore justifications of telepresence or the multicrew GunnerCam... he was way into JWE by then. They're the most glaring ones I can think of, what lore justifications are you thinking of?

But it wasn't that, was it? It was Open Powerplay only, and nothing else. Sandro stated that over and over, and yet the squeals of slopes and trip hazards never went away by a vocal minority.

Well we know it wasnt Sandros fault. He pushed for it for a long time.

No matter who else goes into that place. Unless whoever is in charge pulling the strings finally gets on board with player based objectives being played correctly. Putting people where you want them to be so it works.

Nothing changes.

None of that was Sandros Fault.

I hope they start paying attention to what a playstyle is Vs what a META is. This issue has held this games potential back for so long and has caused griefing. Its done nothing to stop it because the incorrect people are on the field due to efficiency. Giving people the ability to opt out of risks against each other is really really stupid.

I really hope they start doing this right and pay attention to the people that know and understand the game.

And stop listening to inexperienced players worried about getting blown up in a spaceship game.

Ahhh...less "handwavium" perhaps? Does the new guy want to rethink the mechanics behind SLFs and Multi-Crew etc...

If Elite went Open only, I can assure you after years of following, supporting and playing the game, I would carry on following, supporting and playing the game.

However I would be all over the forums (more than normal) like a cheap nylon suit, demanding a proper crime & punishment system and proper security level system. Something like EvE's, which is one of the few things I would take from EvE.

Right now it is a joke that favours PvPers and Gankers with little or no consequences.

Goose4291

Banned
Brookes certainly wasn't responsible for the lore justifications of telepresence or the multicrew GunnerCam... he was way into JWE by then. They're the most glaring ones I can think of, what lore justifications are you thinking of?

Michael Brookes was still posting and justifying ingame handwavium at this period too. Case in point:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ement-on-UI)?p=5155013&viewfull=1#post5155013

That is correct. Although crew that join the ship through telepresence are holograms.

Michael

It was impossible to ignore the incessant calls for Open-Only-Everything that come along with any and all conversations about OOPP. Nor the fact that Sandro said the entire conversation was for reference and that nothing was planned or set in stone. The vocal minority calling for restricting mode choice certainly didn't head Sandro's caveats either.

And stop listening to inexperienced players worried about getting blown up in a spaceship game.

^This though.

Not to sound like an elitist here but at least a couple hundred hours in this game is required before a player can call himself competent with the game mechanics. One of the better things about elite. More content for the longer term players is more important at this point. The game is 4 years old now.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Ed has replied so I'd say...

9VT3eCk.jpg

And yeah I know I just can't be bothered to edit it!!!!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom