Softlock issue

Hi so I've just recently come back to the game after about a year break.
I played for probably about 20 hours before I decided to purchase some ARX.
After purchasing, about 2 hours of gameplay later, I've encountered my soft-lock issue.
To access the ARX I closed the game and relaunched the launcher and linked my steam to my frontier account.
Now to be clear I don't know if the ARX purchase is related to my issue, but its the only thing I've not done before, and now I have this issue, here we go.

If I enter supercruise, regardless if I plot a route or not, just supercruise, I get stuck at a 000.000 second message and the blue tunnel. I cant hit escape and back out, I have to open task manager and force quit the exe.
I read online that this was fixable by going to the nearest station and changing any component by dropping it off or swapping it out. I've read that this supposedly resets something related to the session data, but I don't know if it works or not.
When I land at the station and select outfitting under starport services I get stuck at a stand by message unable to do anything except hit escape on the keyboard and back out to the main menu.
Heres the kicker, if I go to the main menu and then back into open play or solo play, after this issue at the starport, I get an infinite loading screen.

I've literally been unable to do anything and am testing out anything I read online. If anyone could suggest something to try I'll try it and update this thread. I am, however, pretty pessimistic at this point.

Specs:
Amd 3950x
RTX 2080TI
64GB ram 3600mhz
Windows 10 64 bit
game is installed on an M.2.

All issues reproducible after a fresh restart, complete reinstall, and with all firewalls and other security software disabled

Edit: Self destruct gives an infinite loading screen as well. And if at any point I exit to main menu and attempt to enter into open play or solo play I am greeted by the infinite loading screen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom