General / Off-Topic Something piscine by Douglas Adams.

Folks. Just to let you know this will be my final post on the forum; a few decisions made post my previous entry. :) Hopefully this isn't too off topic for the "off topic" forum, but nothing would surprise me with the refreshing flexibility of the moderation around here. I've decided to "move on" from ED for 2022. Look out for a last little in-game tour from me prior to year end (In Horizons, not Odyssey) if you fancy it.

Thanks to all of you who’ve journeyed with me, supported me, brought my books, made me chuckle, shot me down, rescued me and advised me on how to fly my spaceships. It’s been a blast and will remain a fond memory for me for many years to come. 9 years is a pretty good run for a computer game. Pastures new and all that.

If you do need to reach me, you can contact me via www.drewwagar.com

Right on, Commanders and o7.

Cheers,

Drew (Wagar).

ps. @Bottom Hat - Let me know if there is a way for stuphz to be transferred. ;)

Last edited:
It's a shame to see you say goodbye, imo that's a big loss for the game and the community. But no offense, I feel you. And I'm sure a lot of people do. ^Doomsday vibes coming up

All the best for the future, CMDR Wagar o7

I've decided to "move on" from ED for 2022.
I'm actually thinking that 2022 might be the year Odyssey is ready for prime time, assuming Frontier can fix these performance issues and rendering pipeline. It definitely won't be before 2022.

On the other hand, if Frontier decides that even a 50% performance hit is "good enough" and backports these performance nerfs new Odyssey graphics into Horizons, then I too will likely move on.

Look out for a last little in-game tour from me prior to year end (In Horizons, not Odyssey) if you fancy it.
In light of my last sentiment, I'll be having a "goodbye tour" of my own before the great Odyssey / Horizons merger, just in case Odyssey code ruins Horizons for me. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong.

Thanks to all of you who’ve journeyed with me, supported me, brought my books, made me chuckle, shot me down, rescued me and advised me on how to fly my spaceships. It’s been a blast and will remain a fond memory for me for many years to come. 9 years is a pretty good run for a computer game. Pastures new and all that.
Come to Space Engineers Online (CA2 server) and I'll happily support you, make you chuckle, shoot you down, rescue you, and advise you how to fly your spaceships 🤗

ps. @Bottom Hat - Let me know if there is a way for stuphz to be transferred. ;)
My Fleet carrier "Duck Memorial" is mighty lonely in the new FC graveyard in Tionisla. Join me! ;)

Total respect Drew. I understand how you feel. The game has lost direction entirely, the content is lacking, respect for the lore is gone. All the old people who loved the original trio of games have left the project and the new folks either don't get it, or are ignored when they try and push for things that would interest us old fogies who have played every game. I've not fired up E:D in months.

Total respect Drew. I understand how you feel. The game has lost direction entirely, the content is lacking, respect for the lore is gone. All the old people who loved the original trio of games have left the project and the new folks either don't get it, or are ignored when they try and push for things that would interest us old fogies who have played every game. I've not fired up E:D in months.
No they haven't all left and your actually wrong in many senses. But I agree with you on one point; some people don't get it.

If you have been around here long enough you realise that Drew always got it but I actually don't think Drew was complaining about the game per se.

Perhaps Drew will stay moderately interested and return at some point.

No matter.....o7 Drew!

Last edited:
I dunno how to comment on this... been rewriting it a few times. Just wanna say You're awesome and a Legend of the game. Cannot thank you enough for what you've contributed to the game. You are so right though.. everything you said in that video is bang on. Gonna hop on and join you for the last Hurrah if you don't mind. :)

Classy way to exit this troll ridden forum site too, that gave me a chuckle!

There's no more you can do after 9 years of patience with a game moving in a direction you're not interested in.

Have immense fun in your ongoing journey of space ship adventures.

Not sad at all! I’m enjoying all of your non-Elite content and I’m looking forward to your hints you made in the video about potential plans for the future. All the best Drew!

Top Bottom