sothis/ceos alternative

looking for other places where can grind credits with reports/data delivery missions. sothis ceos was good but looking for other alternatives,imperial cutter friendly stations (with large pads) i dont need grind rank,just credits to buy more ships. so missions can be from imperials,federals or others. (just not thargoids xD)

Last edited:
this does not help. these webpages are related to trading not missions.. i tried to search for courier/data delivery missions on both pages but no results.im looking for confirmed places for this activity

Last edited:
There's a reason Sothis/Ceos are uniquely good at giving missions to the same place. It's because they are close enough for the mission-generator to use, and there are no other systems in range (thus all missions go to the same place(s). If you do find an alternative, please let us all know :)

but sothis ceos is sooo far from sol. its piece of space to get there. i am curious how many places like sothis/ceos exsist around sol within distance of 300ly

I always thought mission spawning is almost entirely random there are factors such as states ie war famine boom etc
and populations I would filter for high ones but its a fruit machine and your awaiting 3 gold bells

so if there are none at around sol where should i look at? im sure there are more mission hubs but where.

You are sort of restricting your choice by specifying a large landing pad. The places which have mainly back-and-forth missions tend to be outliers, so often are only outposts (orbital platforms). There is a place people use for grinding Imperial rank for example but there it is two systems with orbital outposts so medium pads at most. (Ngalinn - Mainani)

because cutter is great ship removal tool. i was picking missions with red skulls so often i had up to 4 interdictions so i just submit and my ship go prrrrrrr and pirate is dead. courier missions means no need any cargo space,so quick easy to do and had payout from like 150k to sometimes 220k and more.

also the killing missions,not the massacre missions but the other ones,cutter was my best choice,anaconda was great too but wanted try other big ships. well decided to give it a try after some time. but forgot the system names where missions can be taken. i know that there used to be 5 or 6 locations that worked like sothis-ceos and there was one or two locations that were mostly source from-to missions and cargo delivery so ship with big capacity was needed.. i do remember one place around pleiades but dont know what system it was.

i did try from beginning to use inara or edtools with pve tool but these are no use for me,while they are great to find trade routes or overlap hotspots or massacre missions theres notthing related to couriers/data/reports delivery. browsed these websites and nope. no information found i looked for.

yes i prefer cutter/fedvette or anaconda more than krait or python. so yeah locked out of med pads. i was curious if there are other places similar to sothis/ceos with large pads i know those do exsist just forgot the system names. if its matters to have medium ship i could just grab my old rusty krait and go fishing,just question where.

going deeper does not mean better huh. if i stick the cutter too deep i might wont be able to pull it back without fuelrats assistance lol.

so whats current meta for data delivery missions both empire federation alliance? what systems are preferred? just bought new python because one i have is bit far and would take around 40 hours to bring it back. im looking for sothis ceos alternative. i know there used to be couple places where those missions could be done,with that python i can violate medium pads so outpost missions i could do.

So the actually goal is not credits?

Cause if you want credits running data in any ship is not the meta. Then.. On top of that you also like to do pew pew?

.....if i stick the cutter too deep i might wont be able to pull it back without fuelrats assistance lol. ...
Squeak! Did somebody mention the rats?

Indeed you do need to be careful visiting the system pairs that you seem to be seeking (ceos/sothis, Ngallin /mainani etc). As was mentioned earlier in this thread, those systems are only well known because they are pairs of systems that are otherwise too distant from other systems for the mission generator to send missions elsewhere. This does place them on/near the edge of the area of human inhabited space (the bubble). As such they WILL be distant from SOL, so you will need to travel to get there.

Regarding Ceos/Sothis/Robigo - Don't attempt to go there without a decent sized fuel scoop and the knowlede how to use it (The scoopable star classes "KGB FOAM" and the filter to route you through them (Map mode/Star class, top 7 stars ponly on list, and "Apply filter route" at the bottom of that list. I must have rescued hundreds of unfortunate commanders who run out of fuel heading to that area without a scoop (This is not an exaggeration).

What's a decent sized Fuel scoop? - Same sized as FSD or bigger. Once size smaller than FSD works but is a bit slow. Smaller than that is..... Tedious... (Also make sure you power plant is A rated. It can be a smaller size than the slot size as long as it powers your ship OK, but always A rate it - That helps heat whilst scooping)

Another thing to watch our for are damaged station evacuations. Not seen any of these for a while, but they can be good earners or give rank gains when they appear. The way the game plot is progressing at the moment, there could be some in a couple of weeks time. Watch this space.... errr..... THAT space!

...,with that python i can violate medium pads .....

ooh missus.gif

;)

yes i look of system in pairs. yes i do credit missions with pew pew so extra credits from bounties.

my schematic is very simple. i have fuel tanked anaconda with no shields, no cargo,no guns so can get to ceos on economical route it takes longer but i reach destination with few bits of fuel.. then i call cutter,another anconda and two kraits for missions. i go to sothis with cutter and grab red skull delivery missions and one or two mining rush missions for minerals like cobalt berrandite) and buy goods in surface starport (loooong trip) loaded with minerals i go to ceos to finish the delivery missions and take delivery missions to sothis (i get few interdictions so i submit to them all so pirates talk with my guns and they all die) on way back in sothis (to bring cobalt/bertrandite) i get extra interdictions too so my guns love extra work. i have to do 3-4 unloads to complete the first mining mission then another 3-4 to complete next. im still getting some interdictions so its more credits. the bertrandite missions pay 50millions and i buy bertrandite for total about 8-10 millions.

yes sothis ceos is good because all in one place. ohh Ngallin /mainani was doing those with cobra mk3 long ago. thanks for reminding me thse two systems, i know there was few more like this. chakpas-and something and electra-something but looking for more places like this as my fuelconda is ready for trips. i want to make database of system pairs with missions

yes sothis ceos is good because all in one place. ohh Ngallin /mainani was doing those with cobra mk3 long ago. thanks for reminding me thse two systems, i know there was few more like this. chakpas-and something and electra-something but looking for more places like this as my fuelconda is ready for trips. i want to make database of system pairs with missions
electra / taygeta

chakpas / ????

yes i look of system in pairs. yes i do credit missions with pew pew so extra credits from bounties.

my schematic is very simple. i have fuel tanked anaconda with no shields, no cargo,no guns so can get to ceos on economical route it takes longer but i reach destination with few bits of fuel.. then i call cutter,another anconda and two kraits for missions. i go to sothis with cutter and grab red skull delivery missions and one or two mining rush missions for minerals like cobalt berrandite) and buy goods in surface starport (loooong trip) loaded with minerals i go to ceos to finish the delivery missions and take delivery missions to sothis (i get few interdictions so i submit to them all so pirates talk with my guns and they all die) on way back in sothis (to bring cobalt/bertrandite) i get extra interdictions too so my guns love extra work. i have to do 3-4 unloads to complete the first mining mission then another 3-4 to complete next. im still getting some interdictions so its more credits. the bertrandite missions pay 50millions and i buy bertrandite for total about 8-10 millions.

One thing to be wary of, is that deportations should you fall foul of the law can sent you far into the Pleiades. I've done many rescues for scoopless ships due to that as well. The scoop is zero weight, so it should be better than exter tanks weight wise, helping jump range and manoverability.

Last edited:
Top Bottom