Sound in ED

I hope we can all agree that the sound engineers did (and are still doing) an amazing job in ED.

I'm curious to hear from you how important is sound for you in ED?
How do you produce and consume it?
Just using your motherboard or have you maybe invested in another sound card, internal or external?
Do you have some cheap PC speakers or are you a total Hi-Fi freak that has invested thousands of your local currency in your acoustic system and plays ED through it?
Maybe the same, but with headphones and external amp?

Does anyone have experience with Sennheiser GSX 1000?
My turtle beach headset provides plenty of pounding bass and the sound in this game is the best I have experienced in any game. Doom 3 was amazing but elite dangerous is something else.. nothing short of amazing

The sound is the best!!! the first time I dropped into glide and heard the hual buckeling and my cargo shifting turbins spooling down I was in heaven. H ow each ship sounds so differant many times after getting a new ship I was like UM what was that lol

DDastardly00

D
I used to play through surround sound but since February, I invested in a pair of Turtle Beach Recon (60?) headphones and the game is so much more immersive to me now.

I agree that Elite's sound design is one of the best aspects of the game. Sound is important to me, I get immersed in it easily perhaps in some part due to having absolute/perfect pitch and tonal synesthesia. Some part of me wishes I would've gone into sound design and engineering for a career, I took studio classes and have composed music on many platforms, I also have a home studio that I record on.

I use a pair of equalized BD 990s. They really could do with a bit of amplification though as my PC is scarecely able to power those 250 ohm drivers. I have them equalized using HeSuVi to bring down the overbearing treble, they are as neutral as possible as I use them to mix and master music.

Elite has by far the best sound design I have ever heard in any game or film, it's phenomenal and I am really happy that for once, a game studio has not overlooked the importance of audio.
250 ohm shouldn't be a problem for a headphone amplifier.

Top Bottom