Species Field Guide - Cryolophosaurus

Francesca Falcini

Senior Community Manager
Welcome back, Park Managers, to our latest Species Field Guide!

In this series of articles, we will be spotlighting and discussing some of the incredible dinosaurs and reptiles you will be caring for and bioengineering in Jurassic World Evolution 2. With over 75 different species of prehistoric animals, you'll be meeting both new and familiar faces, and we are incredibly excited to share them with you!

Last time, we re-introduced you to the swift thief themselves, Velociraptor, but we've got a brand new addition for Jurassic World Evolution 2 to share with you this time: Cryolophosaurus!

One of the largest theropods of its time, Cryolophosaurus measured at around 7m in length and weighed around half a tonne on average; interestingly, the name Cryolophosaurus means 'frozen crested lizard', a reference to both the identifying small rounded crest on its head, and the climate in which it lived - Antarctica.

Cryolophosaurus, a Jurassic dinosaur and one of the earliest Carnivores found so far, was thought to be a relatively agile predator, likely feeding on smaller dinosaurs with its many sharp, pointed teeth.

Cryolophosaurus isn't a particularly sociable dinosaur, so you won't have to worry about keeping more than one or two per enclosure in your parks; you will need to ensure they have access to prey, however, in the form of goat feeders - you won't like them when they're hungry! You'll also want to consider, when placing Cryolophosaurus in your parks, that they'll need both some forest and open space in their enclosures, as well as access to some water.

We're so excited to be able to share Cryolophosaurus with you - they're a very welcome addition to Jurassic World Evolution 2, and we think your guests will very much enjoy seeing them in your parks! Will you be bioengineering them for yours? Let us know in the comments.

We hope you've enjoyed us highlighting a small portion of the ancient animals you will be able to bioengineer in Jurassic World Evolution 2, in the run up to launch on November 9 - not long to go now! Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for all things Jurassic World Evolution 2!

You can find out more information about pre-ordering Jurassic World Evolution 2 here.

hmm, this throws a bit of a wrench into my hypothesis about why Huayangosaurus is a deluxe animal. I assumed that it got swapped around with Cryolophosaurus because Antarctica isn't on the digsite map. So what gives here?

Welcome back, Park Managers, to our latest Species Field Guide!

In this series of articles, we will be spotlighting and discussing some of the incredible dinosaurs and reptiles you will be caring for and bioengineering in Jurassic World Evolution 2. With over 75 different species of prehistoric animals, you'll be meeting both new and familiar faces, and we are incredibly excited to share them with you!

Last time, we re-introduced you to the swift thief themselves, Velociraptor, but we've got a brand new addition for Jurassic World Evolution 2 to share with you this time: Cryolophosaurus!

One of the largest theropods of its time, Cryolophosaurus measured at around 7m in length and weighed around half a tonne on average; interestingly, the name Cryolophosaurus means 'frozen crested lizard', a reference to both the identifying small rounded crest on its head, and the climate in which it lived - Antarctica.

Cryolophosaurus, a Jurassic dinosaur and one of the earliest Carnivores found so far, was thought to be a relatively agile predator, likely feeding on smaller dinosaurs with its many sharp, pointed teeth.

Cryolophosaurus isn't a particularly sociable dinosaur, so you won't have to worry about keeping more than one or two per enclosure in your parks; you will need to ensure they have access to prey, however, in the form of goat feeders - you won't like them when they're hungry! You'll also want to consider, when placing Cryolophosaurus in your parks, that they'll need both some forest and open space in their enclosures, as well as access to some water.

We're so excited to be able to share Cryolophosaurus with you - they're a very welcome addition to Jurassic World Evolution 2, and we think your guests will very much enjoy seeing them in your parks! Will you be bioengineering them for yours? Let us know in the comments.

We hope you've enjoyed us highlighting a small portion of the ancient animals you will be able to bioengineer in Jurassic World Evolution 2, in the run up to launch on November 9 - not long to go now! Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for all things Jurassic World Evolution 2!

You can find out more information about pre-ordering Jurassic World Evolution 2 here.
Awesome design and animations! Amazing!

My top 5 Dinosaurs in my list
1. Acrocanthosaurus
2. Cryolophosaurus
3. Pachyrhinosaurus
4. Miragaia
5. Concavenator

Well I'm glad three out of 5 Dinosaurs from my list are now in the game. Thank you Frontier developers you are the best I am so happy that this species is in the game now with Pachyrhinosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus.

The colors are boring, hope there are some very brightly and blue colored variant skins, this dull brown color doesn’t suit it at all

IMG_20211105_102554.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom