Species Field Guide - T. rex

Well, I sure hope they'll add what was advertised at some point in the future. Because yes, they did say it would be base color, pattern type (no, pattern yes/no is not choose a pattern type) and pattern color and suddenly it isn't anymore. I am so reminded of the whole animals are all individual and have different fur variants etc. thing from PZ here...

You can change their skin colour and their pattern colour from many different colour options, letting you mix and match the two. You won't be able to change the pattern itself, but having no pattern is an option.
Unless the game design team have in mind any enhance to this system further, its a giant Mistake.
Let's be honest, its a giant potential throwed off.
And the competition (Prehistoric Kingdom) will not let it pass.

At least 3 patterns per Species that we can choose between? Even if some of the pattern are the same from a specie to another.
C'mon? It's easy as a pie.

At least this skin system in JWE2 is way better than Jurassic world Evolution 1 skin system. Even though we get one skin pattern for each species in the game maybe developers can add more with future updates in the future this game's lifespan.

yeah, as I said earlier while I may be a little disappointed it isn't like it's a downgrade from JWE1. It's still a big improvement for the dinosaurs this time around, the possibility of expanded colours along with the textures upgrades for the dinosaurs have been stunning so far. Lots of room to add more stuff later. Things change during the final stages of game development, as does future devlopment.

The Rex in this games looks way better than the one in JWE. I was looking at some pictures of the JWE Rex and it's not the best look model. I really liked the game and enjoyed it but the Rex in JWE2 looks much more like what we saw in the first 2 movies.

I don't think I will be able to go back and play JWE after playing this game. It would be too much of a downgrade, the flaws would be too noticeable.

Just a warning, if you haven't played the first game yet and you want to experience that I would do it now. Going from JWE2 to JWE might be kind of hard. I could probably do it cause I play older games. But it might be rough for some people cause this game looks like it will be a huge improvement. When they said a more accurate Jurassic experience they meant it. Cause that rex looks amazing. lol

Unless the game design team have in mind any enhance to this system further, its a giant Mistake.
Let's be honest, its a giant potential throwed off.
And the competition (Prehistoric Kingdom) will not let it pass.

At least 3 patterns per Species that we can choose between? Even if some of the pattern are the same from a specie to another.
C'mon? It's easy as a pie.

I like how people who aren't doing the work or involved with the development of the game in any way say doing something is easy or simple. LOL

If it was as easy as you make it out to be it would have happened. Obviously something happened. Either a massive communication error which isn't impossible cause the information has to go across multiple people or they tried to do it and found it was too difficult and wouldn't be ready at launch.

I would say it's more likely a massive communication error.

This game has been in development for nearly 3 years most likely. It was probably supposed to release in 2021 along with JWD which was supposed to release in June 2021. But it got nearly a whole extra year for development.

This game is going to be released November 9th. That's not that far off. This is the time for polishing the game up and getting it ready for release. Not doing work on a major game mechanic like skin patterns. They would be fixing bugs and things like that, especially the game breaking bugs.

The whole thing about having different skin patterns to choose from probably never existed. This is all just a communication era on their part.

The only way I could see it not being a communication error is that they had the pattern system in the game and while doing some polishing and QA stuff they found something major wrong with the whole pattern system and had to remove it entirely and they had to walk back their previous statements. But I find this doubtful as well cause you would think they would have caught a major issue like that early on and fixed it. Like I said this game has been in development for nearly 3 years.

In all the pictures we have seen has anyone seen any new patterns on the dinosaurs? No. It's always the same pattern just different colors. You would think if they had this crazy pattern system in the game they would show it off and not hide it cause it would be really amazing. Not just different color options but different patterns as well. That's major bragging material. I don't even think PK would have anything like that.

I guess you could go down the more negative path and think they removed the pattern system to sell them as DLC later on. I don't believe this is the case either. Though I have already seen people droning on about it in other places.

I would say it was never a thing and they really messed up on the communication. It's unfortunate and looks kind of bad on their part cause it causes a lot of whining from people. People saying things like "if they were wrong about this then what else are they wrong about" Then you have people just flat out accusing them of lying which doesn't make much sense. If they were lying they could have just kept on with the lie. But they didn't and walked it back. Liars generally cover up lies with more lies.

But we are still getting way more customization options than we got in the first game. We can choose the base color and color of the pattern. That's a lot of options and ability to make really unique dinosaurs. Way more options than nature has. Most animals in the real world basically look the same. I bet if you could see a herd of dinosaurs today you wouldn't see much variation in the way they look. They would all have the same basic colors and patterning. Maybe some small variations but that would be it.

As far is PK is concerned I have looked over their pictures and whatever else I can find and I see the same patterns over and over so they only have 1 pattern. I think they will use the same kind of skin system that JWE has. It's the same pattern just different colors. Of course with some you can choose feathers. PK will only have 25 animals on release from what I have heard and they won't have any aquatic reptiles. I don't know if they will have any flying reptiles either. PK has a release date for April 2022, JWE2 is November 9th. Also the major point with JWE2 is that it's a JP/JW game.

I don't think JWE2 having only 1 pattern option for each species will give PK some kind of major edge over it. JWE2 will do fine. It's getting released before PK and will have more variety in dinosaurs and even somethings that PK doesn't offer. PK looks good and I will probably buy it eventually but 1 pattern option isn't going to destroy JWE2 or something. LOL

The one pattern thing doesn't bother me that much. We will still get to choose the color of the pattern and will still get to choose a base skin color. That's plenty of options.

If later on the want to add a pattern system to the game that would be great. Yes I would be willing to buy new patterns as DLC, as long as they weren't too expensive. I have no problem with supporting developers who make good games.

I like how people who aren't doing the work or involved with the development of the game in any way say doing something is easy or simple. LOL

If it was as easy as you make it out to be it would have happened. Obviously something happened. Either a massive communication error which isn't impossible cause the information has to go across multiple people or they tried to do it and found it was too difficult and wouldn't be ready at launch.

I would say it's more likely a massive communication error.

This game has been in development for nearly 3 years most likely. It was probably supposed to release in 2021 along with JWD which was supposed to release in June 2021. But it got nearly a whole extra year for development.

This game is going to be released November 9th. That's not that far off. This is the time for polishing the game up and getting it ready for release. Not doing work on a major game mechanic like skin patterns. They would be fixing bugs and things like that, especially the game breaking bugs.

The whole thing about having different skin patterns to choose from probably never existed. This is all just a communication era on their part.

The only way I could see it not being a communication error is that they had the pattern system in the game and while doing some polishing and QA stuff they found something major wrong with the whole pattern system and had to remove it entirely and they had to walk back their previous statements. But I find this doubtful as well cause you would think they would have caught a major issue like that early on and fixed it. Like I said this game has been in development for nearly 3 years.

In all the pictures we have seen has anyone seen any new patterns on the dinosaurs? No. It's always the same pattern just different colors. You would think if they had this crazy pattern system in the game they would show it off and not hide it cause it would be really amazing. Not just different color options but different patterns as well. That's major bragging material. I don't even think PK would have anything like that.

I guess you could go down the more negative path and think they removed the pattern system to sell them as DLC later on. I don't believe this is the case either. Though I have already seen people droning on about it in other places.

I would say it was never a thing and they really messed up on the communication. It's unfortunate and looks kind of bad on their part cause it causes a lot of whining from people. People saying things like "if they were wrong about this then what else are they wrong about" Then you have people just flat out accusing them of lying which doesn't make much sense. If they were lying they could have just kept on with the lie. But they didn't and walked it back. Liars generally cover up lies with more lies.

But we are still getting way more customization options than we got in the first game. We can choose the base color and color of the pattern. That's a lot of options and ability to make really unique dinosaurs. Way more options than nature has. Most animals in the real world basically look the same. I bet if you could see a herd of dinosaurs today you wouldn't see much variation in the way they look. They would all have the same basic colors and patterning. Maybe some small variations but that would be it.

As far is PK is concerned I have looked over their pictures and whatever else I can find and I see the same patterns over and over so they only have 1 pattern. I think they will use the same kind of skin system that JWE has. It's the same pattern just different colors. Of course with some you can choose feathers. PK will only have 25 animals on release from what I have heard and they won't have any aquatic reptiles. I don't know if they will have any flying reptiles either. PK has a release date for April 2022, JWE2 is November 9th. Also the major point with JWE2 is that it's a JP/JW game.

I don't think JWE2 having only 1 pattern option for each species will give PK some kind of major edge over it. JWE2 will do fine. It's getting released before PK and will have more variety in dinosaurs and even somethings that PK doesn't offer. PK looks good and I will probably buy it eventually but 1 pattern option isn't going to destroy JWE2 or something. LOL

The one pattern thing doesn't bother me that much. We will still get to choose the color of the pattern and will still get to choose a base skin color. That's plenty of options.

If later on the want to add a pattern system to the game that would be great. Yes I would be willing to buy new patterns as DLC, as long as they weren't too expensive. I have no problem with supporting developers who make good games.
All Uv mapping are oppened. Layer system for patterns already done. All Ui Huds are already designed. Most of animals models, npc and many other assets are the same from the last game (while PK are being developed from scratch and no appel from a Universal franchise).

Id already oppened the Database files whiles creating some mods and it's a quite simple system as expected.

So yeah, after all, adding some BPR texture files and a 2 buttons on a UI is not that difficult.

Its not the end of the world not having this feature, but it's not something hard to do.

I'm fine with each species only having one pattern, which can be colored and also turned on or off. That still gives a lot of options. I'd rather have more dinosaur species than more patterns. Sometimes the only way to tell two closely related species apart is through their patterning.

For instance, I personally wished the Deinonychus looked a lot more like Velociraptor and just with different patterning.
May I introduce you to the TLW video game Deinonychus? I love the design and would love to have them instead of the weird tadpole Deinonychus from the first game.
zohlus4cpc341.png

Welcome back, Park Managers, to our latest Species Field Guide!

In this series of articles, we will be spotlighting and discussing some of the incredible dinosaurs and reptiles you will be caring for and bioengineering in Jurassic World Evolution 2. With over 75 different species of prehistoric animals, you'll be meeting both new and familiar faces, and we are incredibly excited to share them with you!

Last time, we introduced you to the first of our new marine reptiles, Mosasaurus, but this week we're going to say hello to an old friend...Tyrannosaurus Rex!

T. rex, a late Cretaceous theropod, was a carnivorous dinosaur which could grow up to 12m (40ft) long, and weighed up to 9 tonnes. Despite its size, though, T. rex possessed an athletic stance, suggesting that it was a relatively agile dinosaur; its long, stiff tail also served to balance out its large head, further contributing to its dexterity and swiftness, and making it a truly formidable hunter.

Interestingly, it had a mouth full of serrated teeth - about 60 in total - which were about 8 inches long and incredibly strong. This means that, whilst most reptiles of the time had long, pointed teeth that would have struggled to crunch through bone, T. rex did not have the same problem; we know this due to the fact that bone fragments have been found in its coprolites (fossilised dung)!

T. rex are pretty aggressive and not terribly sociable, so you won't have to worry too much about making sure they have lots of company in their enclosures, but do keep in mind that they'll need both some sand and forest terrain in their habitats, so it's important to consider this when planning your parks.

As carnivores, you're going to want to make sure that they have plenty of fresh meat available - trust us, you don't want unhappy, hungry T. rexes on your hands!

We're incredibly excited to be able to share T. rex with you - we couldn't possibly imagine Jurassic World Evolution 2 without including this iconic dinosaur! We think both you and your guests will enjoy including them in your parks. Will you be bioengineering them for yours? Let us know in the comments.

There are more dinosaurs for us to show you in the coming weeks and months. Be prepared to see both new and familiar faces as we highlight a small portion of the ancient animals you will be able to bioengineer in Jurassic World Evolution 2. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for all things Jurassic World Evolution 2!
I hope the sounds have been revised like the appearance.

Thank you so much Frontier, I have been waiting for T-Rexes to be able to live in pairs without Dr. Wu DLC genetic modification! Also, I know that velociraptor packs will be able to fight T-Rexes, will velociraptors also be able to fight Indominus Rexes and Spinos?

We all saw the T. Rex pair in the Chaos Theory mode teaser. Is the male a work in progress? All of the other Dinosaurs (especially the female) look excellent except him. The film variant had a slight remodel so audiences could tell them apart.

ZomboMeme 18102021071523.jpgFB_IMG_1634794076916.jpgFB_IMG_1634794081882.jpg54fb4e8e0e2652982b4dd62ea44f8a91.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom