IMPORTANT: Spooky Pack new DLC coming soon!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
O3O2NKX.jpg

Hi everyone,

With the summer months behind us, we are slowly gearing up for our Frontier Expo in October, during which we will be able to tell you more about some great new content making its way to Planet Coaster. The team has been so busy, our office has turned into a ghost town... creepy creatures are lurking in the corners, our desks are covered in cobwebs, and the lights seem to flicker every other minute... Strange, isn’t it?

It must be the side effects from our brand-new SPOOKY PACK!

That’s right: on September 25, 2017 we are releasing a spook-tacular Spooky Pack for you to get creative with. This is our newest paid content pack, specifically themed for those horror lovers and dark ride fanatics. The content pack contains two new powered tracked rides, a spooky themed wall set and static and animated attachments, special effects, shop fronts, path extras, doors and windows, fences, triggerable coaster doors, themed custom signs and facility signs, and themed hats for your Planco avatars. We’re also joined by a new entertainer, King Ghoster, who will happily haunt your parks and thrill your guests!

The Hoax is a free-spinning haunted house ride with a tight track that twists and turns through each corner, and the Huntsman is Planet Coaster’s first ever motion platform ride which rotates on an axis and fits the theme perfectly. As always, the rides are fully customisable so it can fit your park just the way you want it to.

In addition to this paid content pack, we’re also releasing a third coaster, the In-Descent, for everyone to enjoy for free! This is a rapid steel shuttle coaster not created for the faint-hearted... every Planet Coaster owner will automatically receive the In-Descent with this update on September 25 (it is *NOT* part of the Spooky content, it is a *FREE* coaster).

The Planet Coaster Spooky Pack is completely optional for you to purchase – you can get it from Steam or the Frontier Store for £7.99 ($10.99, €10.99). We will also be giving away a couple of codes on our livestreams, so be sure to tune in to those on Tuesdays at 1PM on https://twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments and Wednesdays at 7PM BST on https://youtube.com/planetcoaster/live for a chance to win. Please note that you need to have the Planet Coaster base game in order to download and play this extra content.

Keep your eyes peeled on our social media channels for some exclusive screenshots over the next few days!

We hope you’re excited about this hauntingly boo-tiful new Spooky Pack...

[heart]
Bo

[video=youtube;zYtB5-v4njM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYtB5-v4njM[/video]​

Last edited:
The Hoax is a free-spinning haunted house ride with a tight track that twists and turns through each corner, and the Huntsman is Planet Coaster’s first ever motion platform ride which rotates on an axis and fits the theme perfectly. As always, the rides are fully customisable so it can fit your park just the way you want it to.

Can't wait to see these bad boys! [up]

Looking forward to this DLC, but don't forget about the previous DLC's. Please make some objects from the previous DLC's recolorable and let us choose the color of the lights.

Like Omnimovers? Will We Be Able To Customize The Rotation?

Frontier, is this going to be King Ghoaster? :p
mascot-king-ghoastero8k1g.png

Joking :p

Really excited about stuff in this pack, want to see what the Hoax is (sounds like omnnimouver system)

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Looking forward to this DLC, but don't forget about the previous DLC's. Please make some objects from the previous DLC's recolorable and let us choose the color of the lights.

Those work a little differently because they're licensed DLCs :) will give the team your feedback though!

Frontier, is this going to be King Ghoaster? :p
https://abload.de/img/mascot-king-ghoastero8k1g.png

Joking :p

Really excited about stuff in this pack, want to see what the Hoax is (sounds like omnnimouver system)

That actually looks amazing!! Love it!

u want US to pay 1/4th of what the game cost?? R U SERIOUS! u wont be getting MY money!

Hiya, thanks for the feedback :) we've seen a lot of free content throughout this past year with Planet Coaster, with the team working incredibly hard on all of it. Sometimes, packs like these will be paid for - and you get a lot of content for that value. Thanks for understanding and respecting the hard work of the team :)!

[heart]
Bo

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Like Omnimovers? Will We Be Able To Customize The Rotation?

I really wonder about this as well?!?!

Altough i doubt it's an omnimover (but definatly something i hope we will get in the future!!)
It sounds to me like a tracked ride that can turn around it's axis? (controlled rotation?)

Either way im hyped for this update!! And i'll gladly pay for this :D
Any slim slight chance we get to see some footage of this during the livestream with spoiler sam tomorrow? :D

Last edited:
It is kind of expensive. Let's hope it has a lot of content! I would love a new candy food stand too.

Last edited:
I have to say the change from pounds to euros is a little bit funky though, it costs 2 euros more than the change in pounds (£7.99 is around 9 euros right now), Im accostumed to be charged more in videogames as an european, and its comprehensible becuase of taxes and all that), but I think 9,99 euros would be a more reasonable change.

Even then ive played more than 2000 hours to planet coaster, I think its time for me to be paying for this stuff becuase I think we are onto the point that we should start compensating the hard work.

I really wonder about this as well?!?!

Altough i doubt it's an omnimover (but definatly something i hope we will get in the future!!)
It sounds to me like a tracked ride that can turn around it's axis? (controlled rotation?)

Either way im hyped for this update!! And i'll gladly pay for this :D
Any slim slight chance we get to see some footage of this during the livestream with spoiler sam tomorrow? :D

Well thats is literally an omnimouver. Dont know if they will add the other staple of it (never stops moving and there are vehicles through the whole track) becuase of the mechanics the game uses of getting people in an out of the ride, but at least, for the important ride show it seems like a similar system.

Last edited:
Top Bottom