Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

If the pack is something like New World or Américas then it should be at the very least and animal pack and even then with just a couple of NA animals and if they extends into Central and SA even better: ocelot, burrowing owl, pelicans, roseate spoonbill, etc. I can get behind the musk ox and sea otter though. Even the walrus.
Yeah, in my example I mentioned American black bear and sea otter because I feel like walrus and musk ox belong too much to cold biomes. I would prefer to save them for a full Tundra DLC with some Antarctic penguin (like chinstrap) and an eider duck. But that means asking again how many DLCs are we going to have and I don't want more pain Lol
But anyway, the Eurasia already did include a lone animal from a very different climate than the rest of the roster (the sloth beat Vs all the other animals from cold areas). Or at least that's what most people though based on how the animals were portayed by Frontier in their videos, although I don't see it that way.

There is something that has been bugging me about the console edition, and that is the 5th anniversary. Like it's clear that if their roadmap is to release content until march 2025 there is gonna be a 5th anniversary celebration right? But at the same time they said that console edition wouldnt get the peccary and gift shop until later... What do you guys think? Would that be because they are gonna reuse them for the 5th anniversary or simply aren't adding them yet because of technical difficulties? I personally believe that both things are separate and we are getting another animal in the 5th anniversary, my bet is on the bear, they finished the pigs last year, so this year might be the turn for the bears? Only spectacled and ABB missing, so my bet is on one of those.
No idea about the peccary but since the gift shop release was messy for pc and is still broken for many players gift shops release was likely delayed for console.
Sign me up for dinosaur props as well. If we have a dodo statue there's no reason we can't have other extinct animal statues.
my local zoo constantly have periods of dino statues everywhere.
I think this is a fair point of discussion, and one with a bit more weight than the usual ones about animal roster favorites or gameplay.
As someone who works at a zoo, I know there have been a lot of efforts lately to decolonize and decentralize the Western influence in the world of conservation and zoology.
This includes the phrase "New World" and "Old World", so I think an "Americas" pack would be the best title, including wildlife from both North and South America.
It could function as a nice companion piece to Eurasia, while keeping the majority from South and Central America.

I don't really speculating personally because I'm almost always wrong lol, but something I'm really adamant about is if there is indeed to be scenery in any future potential American-themed DLC, Frontier should really seek out and hire indigenous artists and designers - like they did with the Australian pack.
I absolutely loved Oceania for the animals, driftwood pieces, lava rocks and plants. But as nice as they were, the other scenery felt less like an authentic tribute to Oceanian culture and communities, and more like the tiki bar aisle at a Walmart.
This is why im more of a fan of name central america something people will understand and also doesnt have colonial connotations.

my local zoo constantly have periods of dino statues everywhere.
Because of this one of my biggest "wants" from a sequel would be to have the capacity for "special events" in your zoo. Allow special decorations or set-ups for specific sections of your zoo to change for certain months of the year. Dinosaur animatronics, holiday lights, maybe special garden tours for the spring, etc.

And don't get me started on how much more "realistic" it would feel to be able to host weddings, galas, etc. in separate parts of your zoo as an added stream of income (and as a way to boost fundraising).

This would all be a lot more fun and interesting to manage than having to hide our generators and staff facilities!

They definitely wont do a New World scenery pack, because number 1 they've only ever combined 2 continents in an animal pack (when the theme is region based), there simply isn't enough room to cover 2 continents in one pack that names itself off of those continents. Secondly, it would be really hard to market scenery for a pack with 2 continents, especially considering both continents have scenery themes that are wanted (NA native scenery set, Carribean set) and doing a pack with 1-2 animals and a scenery set with 2-3 animals from the other continent would be really weird.

Simply put, if the next pack has something to do with South America, I will imagine that it is either an Americas Animal Pack or a regular Latin America Scenery Pack if they go as normal. Maybe they do a LA animal pack as the finale but I really don't think so, its not a big idea for the finale. My roster for an Americas Animal Pack would be:
  • American Black Bear
  • Walrus
  • Brown Pelican
  • Black Howler Monkey
  • South American Coati
  • Patagonian Mara
  • Vicuna
  • Scarlet Macaw (WTE)
Its also worth noting that JWE2 has potentially teased a Flying pack (twitter post that seemed suspicious). JWE2 has now done 3 (if this new one is infact a pterosaur pack) kinds of species (marine, predator, flying) which leaves prey, and considering the movie star Microceratus still isn't in the game, it can be assumed that if the next JWE2 pack is flying pack, we can expect after that we get Microceratus in a prey pack (if they included tarbo from Camp Cretaceous I'm sure they are going to include a missing movie species). That would mean JWE2 gets 2 more packs. Keeping in mind that JWE2 also got the same treatment as PZ as in the financial report it said PDLC for PZ and JWE2 in FY24, since JWE2 can get one more in the summer, maybe we get one more too? All just crazy speculation lol.

Its also worth noting that JWE2 has potentially teased a Flying pack (twitter post that seemed suspicious)
Social media team keeps baiting planet zoo players to maybe try the game for once to see the only flying animals frontier will ever make.
The WHAT pack??????

Formerly the thousand yard stare picture

(I’m aware JWE2 has flying animals I just find this situation funny)

Last edited:
They definitely wont do a New World scenery pack, because number 1 they've only ever combined 2 continents in an animal pack (when the theme is region based), there simply isn't enough room to cover 2 continents in one pack that names itself off of those continents. Secondly, it would be really hard to market scenery for a pack with 2 continents, especially considering both continents have scenery themes that are wanted (NA native scenery set, Carribean set) and doing a pack with 1-2 animals and a scenery set with 2-3 animals from the other continent would be really weird.
It always feels a little strange to me when they attempt to put a specific scenery set alongside a broad theme. They got away with it in the Tropical Pack simply because of how "generic" the majority of the building pieces were... But I still wince when I look at the custom "statue" pieces because the theming doesn't match hardly at all for the fossa or red river hog. And the forced stylistic approach to the European animals that happened.

Too, if people are assuming we'll have a stronger showing for South American animals that still doesn't necessarily justify a Caribbean building set (e.g., or it would lead to something weird like them choosing the Cozumel coati over one of the more common ones to force a fit).

Realistically, the NA scenery that people are wanting really should have been implemented instead of the Nordic set for the Arctic pack. But anyway...

Simply put, if the next pack has something to do with South America, I will imagine that it is either an Americas Animal Pack or a regular Latin America Scenery Pack if they go as normal. Maybe they do a LA animal pack as the finale but I really don't think so, its not a big idea for the finale.
The one case I can see for a Latin American pack for the finale is how many animals there are in the top 15 of the meta wishlist from that region. If I recall, at this point, nearly half the list is animals that reside in Central and/or South America. Which is pretty substantial and could give them decent bang for their buck in terms of popularity. But three of those are primates which folks tend to want to assume we'll only get one of per pack...

But it would still leave quite a few highly-requested, and viable, species on the table. So really hard to see how folks would react to that. Would the trade-off of all those South American species be worth it to exclude the secretary bird, tree kangaroo, musk ox, and whatever completely? Because for a lot of people I can see that pack being a bit alienating for very specific animals.

However. Thinking back to one of your theories from a while back about Frontier using these last few gaps to "fill-in" gaps? The Eurasia pack was a reasonable counterpart to the European pack, no? So maybe the LA animal pack (+ scenery) is the final piece to the puzzle. We already got a SA scenery pack... It would make sense, and fit a potential pattern.

(Okay, I've convinced myself that it's a tie between something generic and LA.)

Its also worth noting that JWE2 has potentially teased a Flying pack (twitter post that seemed suspicious). JWE2 has now done 3 (if this new one is infact a pterosaur pack) kinds of species (marine, predator, flying) which leaves prey, and considering the movie star Microceratus still isn't in the game, it can be assumed that if the next JWE2 pack is flying pack, we can expect after that we get Microceratus in a prey pack (if they included tarbo from Camp Cretaceous I'm sure they are going to include a missing movie species). That would mean JWE2 gets 2 more packs. Keeping in mind that JWE2 also got the same treatment as PZ as in the financial report it said PDLC for PZ and JWE2 in FY24, since JWE2 can get one more in the summer, maybe we get one more too? All just crazy speculation lol.
I have no idea what any of this means except for the tweet which... Is pretty specific haha. But they already have 11 flying species in the game so it could just be a lazy crowd engagement moment, TBH.

But this is definitely something to keep an eye on. I'm still not sure why they wouldn't say there's more DLC coming for either of those in FY25, even generally without naming the games... There's no real logical reason as to why they'd do it. And they've done it in every other financial presentation prior (and I'd argue it's more critical for this one given the status of things).

The WHAT pack??????

(I’m aware JWE2 has flying animals I just find this situation funny)
Errm... why the disturning picture? I honestly would appreciate not to look at any kind of war pictures, even if painted, when I enter a zoo game forum...

On topic: JWE2 has flying dinos since the base game, don't know why it's such a big news now.
And if the last Planet Zoo DLC will be a bigger pack, I'd appreciate an all americas DLC for very selfish reasons. Would fit future projects perfectly. And looking at Eurasia (two continents "merged" and Oceania (Mostly NZ and Australia merged), it kind of would make sense, I feel. An all americas DLC could focus more on SA than NA, to get some balance. I burried all hopes for smaller monkeys anyway, so there is that. Enough spots for other animals.

On topic: JWE2 has flying dinos since the base game, don't know why it's such a big news now.
I'm not sure if this was directed at me but anyway, before some of the pack announcements for JWE2 they put out posts that are not for showcasing builds, giving credit or anything and are just random questions. If this does mean the next pack is a pterasaur pack (big IF there) then Microceratus and a "prey" pack (the only class of species that doesn't have any DLC yet) are more likely as the summer pack. And since JWE2 and Planet Zoo both were worded the same way in the financial report, if JWE2 does get another pack, it doesn't kill hope for a summer pack for Planet Zoo.

But of course this all depends on the next JWE2 pack which we should know about beginning of March :) and even then its a lot of "ifs" lol

I'm not sure if this was directed at me but anyway, before some of the pack announcements for JWE2 they put out posts that are not for showcasing builds, giving credit or anything and are just random questions. If this does mean the next pack is a pterasaur pack (big IF there) then Microceratus and a "prey" pack (the only class of species that doesn't have any DLC yet) are more likely as the summer pack. And since JWE2 and Planet Zoo both were worded the same way in the financial report, if JWE2 does get another pack, it doesn't kill hope for a summer pack for Planet Zoo.

But of course this all depends on the next JWE2 pack which we should know about beginning of March :) and even then its a lot of "ifs" lol
Not neccessarily directed at you, but I may have got the tone wrong. Felt like people were jumping on the flying for PZ wagon again, but it might just have been my confused brain.
The tweet looks like any other engagement tweet to me, but I didn’t follow JWE2 social media that closely. Or at all, lol.

I'm not counting on more than one PZ pack, but ending JWE2 and PZ at the same time doesn't sound logical to me before Planet Coaster 2 comes out. Where shall they get their money from, if their two main money makers don't make anymore money? From console port sales alone doesn't sound like a reasonable thing.
Then again... reasonable and Frontier Management decisions seem to not be words that do well in the same sentence.

I'm not counting on more than one PZ pack, but ending JWE2 and PZ at the same time doesn't sound logical to me before Planet Coaster 2 comes out. Where shall they get their money from, if their two main money makers don't make anymore money? From console port sales alone doesn't sound like a reasonable thing.
Then again... reasonable and Frontier Management decisions seem to not be words that do well in the same sentence.
Well then i hope they kill off the monsters first in favor of the true animals ☺️

I mean... why can't both end in June? lol
1707783460241.png

Errm... why the disturning picture? I honestly would appreciate not to look at any kind of war pictures, even if painted, when I enter a zoo game forum...

And if the last Planet Zoo DLC will be a bigger pack, I'd appreciate an all americas DLC for very selfish reasons. Would fit future projects perfectly. And looking at Eurasia (two continents "merged" and Oceania (Mostly NZ and Australia merged), it kind of would make sense, I feel. An all americas DLC could focus more on SA than NA, to get some balance. I burried all hopes for smaller monkeys anyway, so there is that. Enough spots for other animals.
Sorry it is a war picture, but it is the thousand yard stare, which is somewhat being used as a meme right now. I got rid of the picture! I thought of it as a meme but I can see how that might be too much.

This is why im more of a fan of name central america something people will understand and also doesnt have colonial connotations.
Central "America", "New World" all have far more colonial connotations than something like "Latin America." Being part of Latin America is a point of pride for the people living there as their primary square focus is US imperialism, being apart from the US of America. Spanish colonialism is far in the rear mirror, not a part of living history, and the people are pretty much assimilated into a hybrid culture.

I have never heard of anyone from Latin America objecting to its name usage, even among still-existing tribes.

There's a key species missing from North America (black bear; arguably two if you want to count the porcupine) but beyond that nothing else feels like it would be absolutely essential to the casual player. I can think of plenty of species I'd want but nothing that your average person would call out spontaneously. The Eurasian pack hit some of the major European ones too.

Those two regions feel pretty complete, TBH. There's species I think would go over well in the game but nothing earth shattering. And I say this a person that still really wants my NA river otter, porcupine, and black bear. Haha. I get why they'd be excluded at this point.

Top Bottom