Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

I think the most likely scenario for chameleons is that they are either like axolotls with multiple versions or that the just stick to one version.
As cool as the colorchanging would be its really not that drastic of a change for most species. And the most change occurs when really stressed or sick, so idk if thats really something thats all that needed in the first place.
Personally im fine without the color change

Whenever I feel anxious about the future of PZ, I always return to this video to see how far we've gone and how hysterically wrong the creator was, especially at 8:10:
Source: https://youtu.be/sy9zAye2tKM?si=6gzB-AzFYECgjFC-
My goodness was he wrong 🤣 I’m so glad that’s not how it ended lol
(No hate, just glad that we didn’t end with that)
Nice video.
Still didnt hit monkey (baboon) and birds. Some things just never change.
Some things never change,
Like our undying need for birds,
Some things stay the same,
Like we only have like two thirds,
of the monkeys that we should really have,
we also need a babooooooooon!
Some things never change,
But hey at least we have a raccoooooon!
(we all need a little frozen 2 in our lives lol)

Last edited:
Besides saying we'll never get THESE animals, then listing animals we got, I really love when he guarantees the Fall 2021 DLC will absolutely be the last one AND we'll never see more specific packs like a North African Sub-Sahara pack, which precisely describes Arid lol
Yeah in hindsight its wrong but at the time it was very reasonable to assume thats how its gonna turn out

Besides saying we'll never get THESE animals, then listing animals we got, I really love when he guarantees the Fall 2021 DLC will absolutely be the last one AND we'll never see more specific packs like a North African Sub-Sahara pack, which precisely describes Arid lol
I think videos like that are more of a general trend of social media/ influencers. Negativity does very well, especially on places like YouTube. Obviously now he seems ridiculous, but at the time he might have seem more justified (though I remember not thinking the game might end until last year I think?) so make of it what you will.

Makes for a funny time capsule of the community at the time though.

Also as a surprise the last update got us the modular giftshop? Do you guys think we will get any other big changes? I know things are a bit more dicey now.

Also as a surprise the last update got us the modular giftshop? Do you guys think we will get any other big changes? I know things are a bit more dicey now.
Obviously something big like an exhibit update would be awesome, but im not really counting on it.

Speaking of, i saw a video of a mod the other day that allow the exhibit animals to be placed as animated props, which imo would be a (assumingly) simple update that would have a big impact on customizeability if implemented by frontier. Obviously not perfect since they still wont walk around and stuff, but a big step forward

TBH that’s why I think the last exhibit animal is probably gonna be something from the WTE. More interact able and interesting for people looking to get the dlc. I still don’t think birds will come (it might be fitting considering JWE1, but I’m not trying to be hopeful again) so that leaves a handful of options:
  1. Another bat species
  2. More insects like butterflies
  3. A new sloth
  4. Maybe tamarins? I could honestly see that. I know it would make a lot of people mad, but I suppose it’s better than no tamarins. Maybe best case scenario it adds babies to the WTE?
  5. I know I said no birds, but their unique flight style makes me think hummingbirds might happen.
Honestly if hummingbirds were the only flying birds we get in the WTE i'll be fine with that. They are particular enough to work as a standalone flying bird type and i think are better suited for the WTE than other birds.

We won't get anything big, maybe some small additions but Idk what that would be. The next major update will probably be a bunch of bug fixes, small changes to random things, and maybe a few miscellaneous items (like how we got candles and boxes with the Tropical update).

It’s amazing how just because JWE2 got no update most automatically assume PZ won’t get anything either. It’s a decent assumption, but I’m just surprised to see people’s minds change instantly.

It’s amazing how just because JWE2 got no update most automatically assume PZ won’t get anything either. It’s a decent assumption, but I’m just surprised to see people’s minds change instantly.
I’m on the fence about it.

On one hand I can see them doing that, resources are tight, things in Frontier are different. New plans and everything. They finish off PZ on pc with a regular dlc, and maybe a middle of the road free update to get rid of any last minute stuff.

On the other hand, PZ is about to get a huge console showing. I can imagine them finishing off PZ with a bang. It’s a massive flagship title and finishing off PZ for PC might help people look forward to console more. Like if this last dlc is something amazing I can imagine it might make someone inclined to get the season pass more. So maybe the dlc/ free update is gonna be spectacular.

I don’t think either the dlc or free update will be bad, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s controversial though. We all want something, and we are at the finish line. So we can’t all get what we want. I can only hope Frontier does something cool.

I flip flop depending on my mood and current situation. 🤷

Tbf what else is needed with the free update? Other than a bunch of small stuff, I can't really think of anything we need
Say hello to my little friend,

Say hello to my little friend,
Yeah most of that I would consider small stuff though. I doubt we would get stuff like hotels and a zookeeper mode, as cool as that would be

Back
Top Bottom