Spring 2024 PDLC speculation

So we got the missing Camp Cretaceous species in three different dlc's. I am definetly hoping for a cenozoic dlc coming in the future because of we are still missing the CC Smilodon.
I do believe the Saber-tooth will be added at some point down the line in some way. I mean, when it comes to adding dino species and designs from the source materials, what else is next despite the assumptions others make they immediately jump to? There have been so many conclusion jumps for years based on how they feel, only to be proven wrong. In this case, I’m sure the saber-toothed cat will still make it in, despite being a mammal and that reason alone being the explanation, in some kind of PDLC pack.

Last edited:
I just don't want to see it in a Cenozoic Expansion DLC.
That's probably the only way it's ever getting added. It seems very unlikely that any further CC pack will be made. They've been adding in CC animals into the past few packs consistently. A CC is not gonna happen.
If anything, a Cenozoic expansion would be the best way for it to get added so that other Cenozoic animals and perhaps a themed map can get added as well. Just having only the Smilodon as the sole Cenozoic animal would feel very out of place.

That's probably the only way it's ever getting added. It seems very unlikely that any further CC pack will be made. They've been adding in CC animals into the past few packs consistently. A CC is not gonna happen.
If anything, a Cenozoic expansion would be the best way for it to get added so that other Cenozoic animals and perhaps a themed map can get added as well. Just having only the Smilodon as the sole Cenozoic animal would feel very out of place.
A DLC doesn't have to include 4 species. They could do 3 for the CC.

A DLC doesn't have to include 4 species. They could do 3 for the CC.
Counter argument:
JWE1’s Return to Jurassic Park had only two new species: Pteranodon and Compsognathus. The minimum roster any PDLC in that game has ever had, let alone in a JWE1 expansion pack.

Since the reveal of Nothosaurus, it really baffled me as to why everybody thought that JWE2’s expansions should have only four species when it’s not at all impossible for JWE2 to (maybe) have less than the usual as in JWE1. And the Biosyn expansion’s campaign didn’t use its Quetzalcoatlus, or even all of Biosyn Sanctuary’s species (Iguanodon and Moros intrepidus, even if you have the Malta expansion) and key dino characters” (Therizinosaurus the T-Rex herself, the former at least in the second level and the latter being absolutely absent in every way) in its campaign game.

They don’t even mix species that don’t actually appear on screen in the flesh with those that do in packs themed around a specific piece of media, with RTJP being exceptional because it encompassed the whole JP trilogy. It’s the same with general content in free updates themed around anything in the series, like the 30th anniversary update with content exclusively in or themed around Jurassic Park itself. Their style is more adherent in that sense than you think.

That's why, and I still stand by this, if the Microceratus and the Saber-toothed tiger will be brought in through expansion packs, not species packs as you actually mean, they will be the one and only species within their own respective expansion pack debuts each: Isla Sorna/Site B and Camp Cretaceous. Also because, there’s dinosaur stuff and structures (possible decor and buildings they might tackle) in both said themes that aren’t in the game that I feel like may be added in the similar fashion that I described.

Last edited:
This was unexpected too! Hybrid dinosaurs interacting with their parent dinosaurs! Minus Spinosaurus. There are just so many surprises lately!

Velociraptor and Indominus rex were the only dinosaurs in-game that can interact socially. Now, it’s seven more dinosaurs!
Source: https://youtu.be/xFYhrY_dk08?feature=shared
Yes this is awesome, today i see my Stegoceratops interacting with a Stegosaurus, amazing!!!

If they somehow are trying to add as many CC species in, and made a Cenozoic pack, that would be amazing.

Counter argument:
JWE1’s Return to Jurassic Park had only two new species: Pteranodon and Compsognathus. The minimum roster any PDLC in that game has ever had, let alone in a JWE1 expansion pack.

Since the reveal of Nothosaurus, it really baffled me as to why everybody thought that JWE2’s expansions should have only four species when it’s not at all impossible for JWE2 to (maybe) have less than the usual as in JWE1. And the Biosyn expansion’s campaign didn’t use its Quetzalcoatlus, or even all of Biosyn Sanctuary’s species (Iguanodon and Moros intrepidus, even if you have the Malta expansion) and key dino characters” (Therizinosaurus the T-Rex herself, the former at least in the second kevel and the latter being absolutely absent in every way) in its campaign game.

They don’t even mix species that don’t actually appear on screen in the flesh with those that do in packs themed around a specific piece of media, with RTJP being exceptional because it encompassed the whole JP trilogy. It’s the same with general content in free updates themed around anything in the series, like the 30th anniversary update with content exclusively in or themed around Jurassic Park itself. Their style is more adherent in that sense than you think.

That why, and I still stand by this, if the Microceratus and the Saber-toothed tiger will be brought in through expansion packs, not species packs as you actually mean, they will be the one and only species within their own respective expansion pack debuts each: Isla Sorna/Site B and Camp Cretaceous. Also because, there’s dinosaur stuff and structures (possible decor and buildings they might tackle) in both said themes that aren’t in the game that I feel like may be added in the similar fashion that I described.
The Camp Cretaceous DLC had only two new species too.

Isn't there only one CC animal left though? And if they were planning on doing a CC pack, wouldn't it have made more sense to hold off the CC animals for the CC pack? Also, let's not try to normalize less content per pack, shall we?

They will not be making a Camp Cretaceous pack, they are thinking of someway to get the sabre-toothed tiger into the game. If so, this game will be like Prehistoric Kingdom.

They will not be making a Camp Cretaceous pack, they are thinking of someway to get the sabre-toothed tiger into the game. If so, this game will be like Prehistoric Kingdom.
The Game needs more BIG Decos for the lagoons ( Kelp, rocky lagoonwalls, BIG rocks) and for the aviaries ( Really High rocks like in the RTJP aviary, Fountains the look like waterfalls, Rapids as naturl looking fischfeeders) .
This with some Species that can use the new options of the "Lagoonplatforms" should be priorety after the very contrversial " Hybrid Pack" !
Just to ad Smilodon alone makes no sence at all.

The best way to bring the Sabertoothed Tiger ingame would be a BIG "Ice Age expansion DLC" with options to make winter-bioms in " Aviarys " on every map,....like there where many different bioms on mantacorp island.
At least 4 "Ice age Species" (better more) and some fitting buildings/decos and may be some new " tracked tourvehicles" for the snow. This Pack (expansion) could be the final dlc for JWE II like the RTJP expansion was for JWE I ;) !
Species that would round up such a Pack could be ....
1. Smilodon
2. Woolly Mammoth
3. Woolly Rhino
4. Arctodus simus

The Game needs more BIG Decos for the lagoons ( Kelp, rocky lagoonwalls, BIG rocks) and for the aviaries ( Really High rocks like in the RTJP aviary, Fountains the look like waterfalls, Rapids as naturl looking fischfeeders) .
This with some Species that can use the new options of the "Lagoonplatforms" should be priorety after the very contrversial " Hybrid Pack" !

The best way to bring the Sabertoothed Tiger ingame would be a BIG "Ice Age expansion DLC" with options to make winter-bioms in " Aviarys " on every map,....like there where many different bioms on mantacorp island.
At least 4 "Ice age Species" (better more) and some fitting buildings/decos and may be some new " tracked tourvehicles" for the snow. This Pack (expansion) could be the final dlc for JWE II like the RTJP expansion was for JWE I ;) !
1. Smilodon
2. Woolly Mammoth
3. Woolly Rhino
4. Arctodus simus

We already have enough decorations, given the "Jurassic Park film 30th anniversary" joke.

May I give a reminder that Microceratus is still not added, who knows what Frontier have in store for the future of this game.

1. Smilodon
2. Woolly Mammoth
3. Woolly Rhino
4. Arctodus simus
Hmm... replace the bear with Megaloceros and you'd have three animals that could co-exist within a scientifically accurate mixed exhibit... also, an ungulate rig would likely give modders much more to work with.

We already have enough decorations, given the "Jurassic Park film 30th anniversary" joke.
Dude... let it go...

1. Smilodon
2. Woolly Mammoth
3. Woolly Rhino
4. Arctodus simus
Yes to the Smilodon and Wooly Mammoth. For the other two i would choose one for the aviary and one for the lagoon. Argentavis or Osteodontornis for the aviary and Otodus megalodon or Livyatan mellvillei for the lagoon

Isn't there only one CC animal left though? And if they were planning on doing a CC pack, wouldn't it have made more sense to hold off the CC animals for the CC pack? Also, let's not try to normalize less content per pack, shall we?
Are you forgetting the Woolly Mammoth in season 1 (even though it was seen as remains) & the mentioned Anchiornis?

I wanted a DLC like these here!

Attachments

• Confuciusornis.jpg
    Confuciusornis.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Cuspirostrornis_houi_life_restoration.jpg
    Cuspirostrornis_houi_life_restoration.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 12
  • img12.jpg
    img12.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 11
  • patagopteryx-jaime-chirinos.jpg