Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Which is exactly as I put it in the test chat...I wasn't fussed about losing food and drink between patches, more concerned about large items like bought in game ships, ship upgrades, armour bits etc. The 3 of us discussing it were all threatened with 24 hour banishments should we continue...I called their bluff.

Of course...we still have no idea exactly what items will be affected since Ci¬G were caught out before they announced it ;)

Last edited:
How can entity inventoried items NOT be LTP considered?

It's the easiest thing in the schema to tie to relationships between things already IN the schema.

There is a new minor patch coming to PTU. The static trains are back! :D
Welp...at least they've added something. A 'minor' patch of nearly 1Gb to reinstate the static trains we so missed. Not having them was as bad as removing the T-posing NPC's, the game became almost unplayable without them. Fortunately, they still stand on the seats giving some semblance of normality.

Last edited:
How can entity inventoried items NOT be LTP considered?

It's the easiest thing in the schema to tie to relationships between things already IN the schema.
It's almost as if they have no database or network engineers involved in this MMO project.
It's almost as if it is an absolute, inviolable rule that you must under no circumstances posess any relevant competence whatsoever to work at CI¬G.

Meanwhile, in concierge chat they're all arguing on what ships to buy...how they were all frustrated at not being able to buy a Kraken privateer to augment the Kraken they already bought, how the Idris P will support the Idris K in their fleets...Most times I feel like a stray dog that accidentally wandered into their yard and got caught peeing in the swimming pool.

Those idiots in there (there are some sensible ones too) are a couple of sandwiches short of picnic. We slightly normal fish amongst the great white whales in the concierge chat all pass PM's between eachother in amazement at the sheer stupidity and arrogance of it all...

To be fair tho, we are ALL idiots...some just more sensible then others :D

So, free fly starts today right?

Anyone got any idea from what time it goes live?

Need to think about getting some beers in and prepare for a couple of hours of laughing at the bugs and crashes.

To make something never done before, the first step is making it broken: how could something be already made if a perfectionist and magic germans can't make it?

Well when it happens I'll be downloading.

Be interesting to see what its like now I've got a machine that can actually run it.

Well, my PC is still a bit behind, but at least i now have space on the SSD for it.

My experience in the hangar module wasn't not impressive though.

Currently my launcher doesn't even give the option to launch the game, so presume CIG are up to something at the moment.

EDIT: Can now. Must have just been a glitch.

EDIT: Launched the game. Got some error about can't synchronize data. Guess this is where i need to jump through hoops like deleting user folder, disabling anti-virus, and giving the game admin rights... sigh

EDIT: Ok, user folder deletion was enough. Could get in, but sitll no option to enter the PU, so not happening yet. Will check it out later.

Last edited:
Well, my PC is still a bit behind, but at least i now have space on the SSD for it.

My experience in the hangar module wasn't not impressive though.

Currently my launcher doesn't even give the option to launch the game, so presume CIG are up to something at the moment.

EDIT: Can now. Must have just been a glitch.

EDIT: Launched the game. Got some error about can't synchronize data. Guess this is where i need to jump through hoops like deleting user folder, disabling anti-virus, and giving the game admin rights... sigh

EDIT: Ok, user folder deletion was enough. Could get in, but sitll no option to enter the PU, so not happening yet. Will check it out later.
That's been happening since they updated the launcher back in 3.7...a persistent annoyance. Either just relaunch the launcher or log out and back in again, fixes it.

As for what time fleetweek launches...no idea, the PTU is still up and running so not quite yet. I'm suspecting this evening GMT.

In other news...discovered what that shiny globe thing was for in the Carrack...it's a people smoothie machine.

Last edited:
Someone posted a follow-up…
A windows imbecile said:
We've seen this before - it's easy to fix. This is Windows 10 User Account Control security that blocks access to any drives that are not the OS drive.

The reason it happens is because the system files that the Launcher creates are on the OS drive within the protected operating system environment. The Launcher has a drive scan function, it is how it how it checks integrity and updates. Windows 10 disallows this non-OS drive scanning function as it sees it as suspicious behaviour. You will simply get a failure warning, but what is happening is that the OS is refusing the scan. The files are there, but the Launcher is prevented from accessing them to check.

Go into UAC, disable Windows UAC control. Turn it off. Try again. If that works and you would rather keep UAC, then you can try to install the game on the OS drive. You MUST do a complete uninstall, remove everything including the %AppData% Launcher folders.

Also. You need to install the Launcher to the same root folder as the game folder. If you install the Launcher to the default C:/Program Files/ within the protected OS system environment it will not be able to scan the game files. Create a folder on your C: drive. You can call it whatever you like. Install the Launcher to that folder. Run the Launcher.

When the Launcher runs, go to settings (On the the Launcher) and change the install folder for the game to the name of the root C drive folder you installed the Launcher to - don't include the Launcher install folder!. It will now work, even with UAC enabled. I have also found as long as the user has both the Launcher files and game files in the same folder on any drive they can use a non-OS drive.. so you 'could try' installing both the Launcher and the game to the F drive. The key part is to use the same root folder for both installs.

Good luck
Almost every part of this is either factually wrong, indicative of gross incompetence in the field of Windows programming, or both.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom