Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There are a few shortcuts to the lengthy process...albeit a few seconds shorter...the person who posted this obviously omitted to read the patch notes. There's now a keybind to remove the helmet, saves mucking about in mobiglas...there also isn't a helmet animation as yet...they binned that thankfully. If you hold the left mouse button when taking a drink the drinking animation will continue until the bottle is empty...saving the 400 'sip the bottle' routine the OP is going through. You don't have to buy specific armour to get an inventory slot...any armour will do. He's wandering around in a n00b suit which is only a flight suit and doesn't have any storage...then again, 99.99% of people who play Star Citizen know this...he could have asked.

I love folks who can't or won't read patch notes or ask in chat...posting stuff like this makes them look kinda silly ;)

Saying all of that...I despise the new and utterly pointless buffoonery...as does everyone else... with the exception of the faithful who seem to understand the idiot Roberts' ultimate vision for his magnum opus like it was their own...

Sarsa generally does quite funny trip reports.

I don't think he tries to educate himself beyond what he has heard from others. He just goes in and tries to do stuff, like a typical newbie would.

Its this sort of "innocent" approach that can identify problem areas for new players where things like tooltips or whatever can be used to help new players find their way around doing stuff without having to wade through patch notes or manuals to find answers.

ED has similar problems, and my general advice to any new ED player is to RTFM before they do anything else. While ED has made some improvements since launch in regards to this, i still wouldn't recommend anyone start without reading the manual.

Sarsa generally does quite funny trip reports.

I don't think he tries to educate himself beyond what he has heard from others. He just goes in and tries to do stuff, like a typical newbie would.

Its this sort of "innocent" approach that can identify problem areas for new players where things like tooltips or whatever can be used to help new players find their way around doing stuff without having to wade through patch notes or manuals to find answers.

ED has similar problems, and my general advice to any new ED player is to RTFM before they do anything else. While ED has made some improvements since launch in regards to this, i still wouldn't recommend anyone start without reading the manual.
I'm not averse to folks taking the mick out of SC by any means...but taking cheap shots when a good percentage of the fault is almost entirely through ignorance, I find very little merit in that. The game chat is normally where other backers offer help...like I do. A few newbies seem to play like it's CoD where the only thing offered in game chat is toxic abuse and lols...in SC it's almost a prerequisite to ask for advice when it goes balls up like it does every 4 minutes ...even chuck a complaint that it's crap because....usually someone like me will pick up on the comment if it's just something that has a workaround.

I won't ever defend or make Star Citizen out to be a competent effort at anything resembling decent gaming...like a few of the streamers like Dtox seem to do, but I'll always offer advice in game to help make the best out of the buggy crapfest that is Star Citizen for new folks...even if that advice is to just turn it off and go play something else.

As for the roadmap....Ci¬G are doing another 2017 all over again...doing absolutely nothing bar adding pointless fluff whilst pretending that things are progressing. The recent freefly reeked of a desperate cash grab and nothing else. Putting out a patch and event that was plagued by the issues it had...and still has... weeks after the event with no fixes incoming isn't a good sign that things are going swimmingly. They're chucking some effort at rehashing ToW into something playable hoping to distract backers away from how dire the project is...that'll work until they release it to live when the current server issues will be magnified tenfold...as well as the few backers who perpetually seem to remain vaguely hopeful realise it's all just smoke and mirrors and another amateur and half arsed effort to keep folks paying and playing.

3.10 is an in house re-invented point patch to cover up the simple fact absolutely no progress has been made...anywhere in the project. It's already been gutted of anything meaningful content wise...and getting lighter every week it's being stalled. You can guarantee it'll get a lot lighter by the time it appears with most of the content still in there being dropped once again. Star Citizen has had a death rattle about it since 3.5...if I didn't know any better, I'd suggest they're circling the wagons. ;)

Last edited:
I wonder how many folks realised that even the 'Fleet week' was a direct rip off of the much maligned CoD infinite Warfare? Watch the vid.... ;)

I truly loved the campaign in infinite warfare...strange as that may seem. I still fire it up on occasion for a playthrough...Sqn 42 eat your heart out :)

Last edited:
FpNGTdm.png

That's a profile that screams (edit, don't want to trigger anyone with a potentially -ist word) a person who come from the south of the US, usually Texas, usually having a red neck from spending a lot of time outdoors wearing caps that don't shade their necks, who tend to have a facisnation with guns, presumably a member of the NRA, likes to go hunting with his buddies and drink beer while killing defenseless animals.

Also, how do you have a hobby of "women"? I mean, does he collect them? Put them in shrinkwrap or something?

That is a new low there, Agony Aunt, what you are doing there.

Just go to Spectrum and search for Malakie's most recent post (posted 4 days ago, with 5 upvotes!). The thread is gone but you can see the start of what he was saying.

I'm not averse to folks taking the mick out of SC by any means...but taking cheap shots when a good percentage of the fault is almost entirely through ignorance, I find very little merit in that. The game chat is normally where other backers offer help...like I do. A few newbies seem to play like it's CoD where the only thing offered in game chat is toxic abuse and lols...in SC it's almost a prerequisite to ask for advice when it goes balls up like it does every 4 minutes ...even chuck a complaint that it's crap because....usually someone like me will pick up on the comment if it's just something that has a workaround.

I won't ever defend or make Star Citizen out to be a competent effort at anything resembling decent gaming...like a few of the streamers like Dtox seem to do, but I'll always offer advice in game to help make the best out of the buggy crapfest that is Star Citizen for new folks...even if that advice is to just turn it off and go play something else.

As for the roadmap....Ci¬G are doing another 2017 all over again...doing absolutely nothing bar adding pointless fluff whilst pretending that things are progressing. The recent freefly reeked of a desperate cash grab and nothing else. Putting out a patch and event that was plagued by the issues it had...and still has... weeks after the event with no fixes incoming isn't a good sign that things are going swimmingly. They're chucking some effort at rehashing ToW into something playable hoping to distract backers away from how dire the project is...that'll work until they release it to live when the current server issues will be magnified tenfold...as well as the few backers who perpetually seem to remain vaguely hopeful realise it's all just smoke and mirrors and another amateur and half arsed effort to keep folks paying and playing.

3.10 is an in house re-invented point patch to cover up the simple fact absolutely no progress has been made...anywhere in the project. It's already been gutted of anything meaningful content wise...and getting lighter every week it's being stalled. You can guarantee it'll get a lot lighter by the time it appears with most of the content still in there being dropped once again. Star Citizen has had a death rattle about it since 3.5...if I didn't know any better, I'd suggest they're circling the wagons. ;)

Well, if Sarsa was interested in helping they would be making these trip reports as a sort of investigative type of play to identify areas of issues then positing them on Spectrum to highlight issue areas for the devs. But they are just doing it for the laughs.

As for the gutting of the patches, yeah, its kind of telling.... but what is exactly going on is anyone's guess. CIG have a long history of setting themselves schedules/plans then failing to meet them. We had CR saying that he intentionlly set devs unrealistic targets (project management 101 fail right there, which backers defended), then CR said he was just overly optimistic and that he absolved himself, and then we had staggered development which was going to improve things. And nothing ever changes.

Its like CR has absoloutely zero idea how to manage a project.

I wonder how many folks realised that even the 'Fleet week' was a direct rip off of the much maligned CoD infinite Warfare? Watch the vid.... ;)

I truly loved the campaign in infinite warfare...strange as that may seem. I still fire it up on occasion for a playthrough...Sqn 42 eat your heart out :)

Up to my 4th play through myself. I enjoy the way it goes from ground to space although the flight model isn't great.

Star Citizen on the other hand, I last logged on prior to the nasty change to the TOS. I refuse to accept the new one which is now a couple of versions old.

Up to my 4th play through myself. I enjoy the way it goes from ground to space although the flight model isn't great.

Star Citizen on the other hand, I last logged on prior to the nasty change to the TOS. I refuse to accept the new one which is now a couple of versions old.

Hmm... seems like you have two choices. You're either going to have to accept that ToS one day or get a refund while you are still not bound by the new ToS.

I guess you are just waiting to see if anything good comes out of this?

Will from CIG told us evocati back in 2016 that they had played CoD and it was only 16h of gameplay. CoD is nothing compared to SQ42 he told us. So here we are 2020 and they struggle to get an trailer ready.

Btw what is not a ripp off in Sc?

Gotta say I too really like Infinite Warfare, class game IMO. I don't care if CIG or even FD copy elements from it! (well maybe not stealth!).

Hmm... seems like you have two choices. You're either going to have to accept that ToS one day or get a refund while you are still not bound by the new ToS.

I guess you are just waiting to see if anything good comes out of this?
I regard it as a write off at this stage. Had hopes once upon a time but the head nodder video convinced me they are doomed because of Chris and the culture he has fostered.

Interesting .... I have generally avoided CoD, but that looks quite good!! And I can see where CIG got their inspiration from.

IF it's true that a "FOOL" and their money are soon parted. Then there are considerably more fools in the world than one would admit to. The report is in that SC made an additional 15 MILLION during this years fleet week alone. Though I don't know the actual figures, I'd concur that ED hasn't made half of that since their first launch in 1984.

ED has been available for years as a "GAME". Star Citizen has been available as a game still in the Alpha stages for years. Though ED starter's are referred to as "Kick Starter's" and SC starter's are referred to as "Pledger's". In as much as a rose by any other name is still a rose; It all boils down to semantics! Much the same way one playing ED will argue as to which is better, engineering or not, Cutter or the Corvette, Federal or Empire. The bottom line is they have their similarities as well as their difference's. Much on the same order which one argue's their religious beliefs, the various point in the debate in regards to ED vs SC vs NMS are basically the same. It all depends on one's personal, likes and dislikes, thus no one is incorrect and no one is correct.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom