Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Heh, this is the only place I'm allowed to converse openly about CIG's shortcomings (sorry, won't touch Reddit with a ten-foot pole), so get ready for a tsunami. :D

Goodness knows Spectrum is locking it down into an echo chamber of white knighthood.

The thing is, if you stop all criticism on your official forum, then those who wish to provide the criticism to the devs will instead spread it elsewhere, since it appears the devs don't want to listen.

Then you end up with a situation where the official forums are all roses and light, but just about everywhere outside there is a whole lot of criticism. Those who dwell on the official forums struggle to understand it all. They think it must just be "haters", because they think things are ok, and everyone they talk to thinks things are ok.

The thing is, if you stop all criticism on your official forum, then those who wish to provide the criticism to the devs will instead spread it elsewhere, since it appears the devs don't want to listen.

Then you end up with a situation where the official forums are all roses and light, but just about everywhere outside there is a whole lot of criticism. Those who dwell on the official forums struggle to understand it all. They think it must just be "haters", because they think things are ok, and everyone they talk to thinks things are ok.
Agree, and Spectrum used to be a place where folks could level criticism without too much danger of reprisal, but sadly those days appear done.
Its now ruled by the heavy hand of the Ministry of Truth.

You're assuming CR doesn't intend to retire. Unless his kids takes over, there's got to be an upper limit on how long SC development will take.
Actually, I was basing that 10 year prediction on this recent and interesting assessment on SC status by Citizen Tech Talk (CTT) last month. Based on his videos, CTT seems to be an increasingly disillusioned (but still very rational) fan boi over the last 2 years or so. He did a 1.5 hr analysis with another fan boi panelist based on several sources. Like this intriguing hit piece Variety ran on SC back in 2019:

Even more intriguing, is some potential (from behind scene knowledge?) on release schedule info that Bored Gamer unconsciously? let slip in one of his live streams a while back. At 02:15, Bored Gamer is fielding questions from his live stream followers. Regarding an inquiry about Vanduul Driller and likes of other alien faction capital ships, he said he thought CI could get around to delivering the smaller end ones. But that these (and other specialty faction content that ppl wanted/pledged in the game) would likely be delivered in about a decade from now. This admission wouldn't have been so significant if CI hadn't been spin doctoring fan base hype for this alien ship concept since 2016.

Which immediately raised the question based on the ten systems CI said it would have: how long would the project then actually take? What was the project's future Life Cycle assuming it existed at all? Where was it going based on the (existing staggered) development cycle? And how a 10 systems release could ever be a reality, based on CI's existing dev pace and its own 77% confidence in a Q3 2022 SC release at 13:25. That CI would basically have to release 100% completed systems/AI/building infrastructure at the rate of 1 system per quarter to meet their projected delivery milestone in Q3 2020 So the video analysis basically revolved around that.

Anyhow, the pixel shaming of shamelessly re-meshed and re-textured content they make @25:22 is especially hilarious. And completely unsurprising, since I'm now convinced Chris = a human magpie. Who cannot resist the blatant theft of other franchise's intellectual properties. Even if he had to do so to save his life. 💀

Warning: the use of Image Lead the Way's strong language i.e. "fraud" and "lying" may have undoubtedly resulted in triggering a few of the faithful who watched this video:

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bab2c5VkFoU

Regardless, I'm inclined to believe CTT's analysis is sound. Simply because of the sheer number of suspect SC fan boi down votes on the video. 😂

That's a repost of the Sq42 monthly report that was emailed out seven days ago.
Wednesday, we’ll post May’s SQ42 Monthly Report as a Comm-Link. The report highlights what the developers have been up to throughout the month. Our Subscribers will also receive a newsletter and we’ll publish the Subscriber Update Comm-Link.​

This is the same report posted last week:
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gw5262/squadron_42_update/

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17KmNrG9pE4

After that horrifying glitch of the player's avatar with their bulging eyes and brain protruding from their helmet......o_O

No, I'm truly terrified at the reality of having to see that
That isn't a glitch, the Parasite helmet is a subscriber perk ...you get it for free as a subbie. Ci¬G couldn't make glitches as accomplished as that ;)

O9Cv7SO.png

What I tell folks interested in SC is to spend no more than on a base game package.
Frankly, plenty of folks like me liberally lend out vessels to other players.
Aye...I seem to do a lot of that myself. It'll be handy if Ci¬G ever get around to opening up the permissions thing like they said they would so my mates could actually earn credits flying my Cat, prospector, Carrack or Mole. As it is they can fly them around for no good purpose...once I can authorise them to spawn a particular ship and have them able to sell ore or cargo from it...I'll be a lot happier.

This is why SC is pulling in massive money. They've concentrated on making it look like a game. People assume that because they walked through a corridor, rode a train, got on a ship and flew it to a planet (and it looks pretty) that there MUST be a game there.

We can all agree the game is ridiculously late and overbudget but what they have now is spectacular. In terms of gameplay, I've seen people doing bounty hunting missions against other players. I've seen two crews fighting in opposing ships where one crew boarded the other ship.

Check out this guy doing a PVP bounty mission.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GauQl6JGpow

Anyway, I only played a couple of hours.

We can all agree the game is ridiculously late and overbudget but what they have now is spectacular. In terms of gameplay, I've seen people doing bounty hunting missions against other players. I've seen two crews fighting in opposing ships where one crew boarded the other ship.

Check out this guy doing a PVP bounty mission.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GauQl6JGpow

Anyway, I only played a couple of hours.
It would be even more spectacular if most of the stuff actually worked ;)

Believe me, for every half decent video you could post about Star Citizen...I could post another 10 of my own where it went spectacularly wrong due to bugs, desync, random 30k's or dodgy physics. I've been playing a long time....

Source: https://youtu.be/HMLeYAFV5Uk

Last edited:
I watch SC streams all the time ( I can't look away 🤣 ) so I know all about it. Some streamers do a good job using what is there.

But they've sold ships for thousands of dollars with crew requirements that are larger than what a single server can handle. They've spent years adding art assets but making no progress on the MMO parts. It's going to fail.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom