Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Wow the BBC report made it look more like a finished game. I was expecting something fluffy but they went full on advertisement. Should bring in a bucket load of cash from people thinking it's as good as the footage they showed and fully playable.

Here's the sum total of hard pressing questions they had to ask:

"hey Chris, what's going on?"

Not once did they ask why he thought continued crowd funding was necessary, they failed to raise a single point about his previous statements on this project against reality, not one question about ship prices & money making tactics, nothing about release dates, nothing about the state of the project and failed deadlines, the quality of the alpha, the missing star systems, the problems with technical debt and scale/network etc.

just "hey what's going on?" and let Chris re-pitch it again, followed by the BBC presenter summing up "it's easy to be critical" poor Chris - keep the cash rolling in so he can make Red Dead Redemption without having to put out anything that sales on it's own merits or has to be accountable for anything he's ever said to get cash.

So well done BBC and CIG on a nice bit of advertising in addition to Roberts using my tax money to pay for his game throught the UK tax relief initiative he's now using my TV licence to get free advertising.

Last edited:
One positive thing, as always the art department have outdone themselves and Microtech looks really good. I'll probably repeat myself here but these guys deserve a medal for outputting that quality work with a manager like CRoberts constantly on their back.

Finding the usual bugs and nonsense in the PTU...no 5m free funds to play with neither. Haven't had a 30K error in an hour or so playing but bugs aplenty...like random choking to death for no reason inside shops, stations, planets, ships...irritating. Still haven't been to Microtech but the planets V4 on the older moons (apart from Lorville itself) looks pretty good. My home port of Levski and Delamar as a whole have had a facelift. Still random and severe drops in FPS near Lorville and some of the new orbital stations. The interiors of the new orbital stations are pretty good if a little maze like....can't find my favourite armour since Ci¬G decided to move stuff around so you now can't find them leading to charging from one port to another and searching the shop inventory (once you actually find a shop)...I hate that, reminds me of looking for bits in E-D when EDDB wasn't working.

Props to the magic Germans for their efforts on the planetary revamp, SC has certainly improved on that side.

Last edited:
So well done BBC and CIG on a nice bit of advertising in addition to Roberts using my tax money to pay for his game throught the UK tax relief initiative he's now using my TV licence to get free advertising.
Genuine Roberts be like: "Thank you for your kind words! We worked really hard to rub it in your face! So, how many Idrises you would pay us for today?"

agreeing with the most dishonest man in the industry isn't really a pro move, especially not if he makes statements about topic he has long since proven to know absolutely nothing about.
In light of recent IRL events I'm starting to think Roberts may be a genius visionary after all. Not when it comes to game design/development (and project management and writing and directing), he's clearly awful at that, but he did arguably presage both the current games industry trend for 'live services", and also our glorious new post-truth society where being a documented, habitual liar and charlatan is not just acceptable, it's celebrated.

Too many bugs for me this first wave...I'll sit it out until the next patch. Can't even be bothered filling in the 3,000 issue council reports I could have listed :oops:

Back to RDR2 for a while...

Really need to give that game a look at some point. I just don't really have a thing for that whole cowboy shtick.

Now excuse me, watching The Mandalorian.... erm...

Just found this Amazon Game Tech Twitter : https://twitter.com/AmazonGameTech I'm amazed at how few (aka never) Star Citizen is mentioned... They share nice little projects, even Planet Zoo or Behavior Interactive interviews (kind of funny given history of this studio with CIG) but I can't find a tweet related to the game that is already redefining and revolutionarising fideliciousity in the industry.

Even on Lumberyard website, SC appearance is limited to just an old screenshot, a tiny logo and a bland quote from Chris Almighty.

Even if I'm quite rough and tough towards this mess, I'm nonetheless shocked that apart from some mandatory news, paid infomercials, some presence during game festivals (yet almost none nowadays) and of course the army of streamers and evangelists it's as if CIG and Star Citizen doesn't exist and is isolated in its tiny bubble of believers.

Last edited:
Even if I'm quite rough and tough towards this mess, I'm nonetheless shocked that apart from some mandatory news, paid infomercials, some presence during game festivals (yet almost none nowadays) and of course the army of streamers and evangelists it's as if CIG and Star Citizen doesn't exist and is isolated in its tiny bubble of believers.
The few people who dare to talk about it fairly get a mountain of insults, death threats (no kidding), etc. and have to spend so much time managing their community it makes little sense for them to get a complete coverage for a project that's still barely a demo and will probably fail completely. Plus everything moves so slowly, they just go with a yearly progress watch for those who still care. CanardPC (french paper mag) was a quite shocking example, they told even the worst cases of toxic fandom (Intel vs AMD..) were nothing compared to the venomous community behind SC.
Also it's to note that regular publishers, the ones that SC community loves to loathe, do pay for advertisements and press coverage...

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom