Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

What a bargain! Only $50 per wing!

scorp.jpg

Yep. They're putting up the new Scorpius "totally not an X-Wing or Starfury" fighter in the concierge store and it's going for $220.
Bargain...I'll delay my Idris purchase to add it :whistle:

Does anyone else get a sense of desperation from all these hastily concepted and chucked out the big marketing door jpeg ships that have magically appeared? It seems like every other dev department at Ci¬G has been driven to a complete standstill except for the design and ship teams....marketing snakes too of course.

bThQG4x.png

Last edited:
I'm interested to see if it has a big effect in VR as well. Driving around the SRV was a bit of a nightmare. I got the files deleted, just waiting for work to end so I can do testing.

SA explain CIG's ingenious pricing strategy...

What [the X-Wing / Scorpio] actually is, as far as I can tell, is another price-point for a single seat fighter that CIG had not quite covered.

$60- Avenger Stalker
$70 Origin 325a
$75- Arrow
$90- Gladius
$100- Anvil Hawk
$110- Anvil Hornet
$115 - Esperia Talon/Shrike
$170- Sabre
$180- Super Hornet
$195- Anvil Hurricane
$220- RSI Scorpio, Ares Inferno/Ion
$235- Vanguard Hoplite
$275- Vanguard Sentinel
$290- Vanguard Harbinger

When you actually line up all the ships by price it's really obvious that they want there to always be a $10-$15 upgrade from your current crapbox when it turns out not to be very good

Why is he holding up the phone? Is he trying to show today's date?
there appear to be some ships in the photo shown in the phone with some kind of countdown under it
1 - 14 - 20

the text under the first number is shorter than the text under the second number so month - days - year is discarted… it could be days - hours - minutes?

/speculation

there appear to be some ships in the photo shown in the phone with some kind of countdown under it
1 - 14 - 20

the text under the first number is shorter than the text under the second number so month - days - year is discarted… it could be days - hours - minutes?

/speculation
I'm fairly certain it's a countdown to the ship sale.

Sandi only gets wheeled out to reel in more whales these days. 😆

Scorpio isnt a single seat fighter and will probably get smoked by a real fighter. Too big and too weak. At least as the stats stand now.

Oh yeah, he forgot about the daft wibbly turret. (Which will probably fly off at some point, like a detachable cockpit of yore ;). Or just murderize the guy inside...)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgXkx2OT3PA

Not sure the uselessness would speak against his argument though. It's got to look good, but be fairly useless, so someone'll try the next stepping stone along ;)

Back
Top Bottom