Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Ahem...

I guess a ship sale happened? 213,000 in just one hour. They'll make half a million from this sale alone. Now, on what basis are CIG ever going to stop doing this? Its just too much easy money.

View attachment 228104

Edit: at 220 dollars a pop that means they sold approx 1000 of those x-wings.

Just goes to show, it doesn't take that many idiots to buy a mansion for a grifter.
Life getting you down? Roadmap looking more like a battle royal with features killing themselves off? Social anxiety keeping you from going outside? Why not buy a ship or three to make you feel better? 😂

What's that? You want to use the ship for something? Err.. well.. PvP! Yes! There you go buddy, see it's not all bad. But if you see someone named "sovapid" in your HUD, run..

I never suspected they were dead, I was more convinced that they, and especially Mr Roberts, weren't doing anything to earn their considerable salaries (and other tangential SC-related income). How about a "proof of doing our jobs" photo.

Oooh, proof of doing jobs or "proof of work"? Does this mean that Star Citizen is getting involved in blockchain? Elon needs to get on the hype train!!!

:unsure:

1621589728150.png

Bartender does not serve drinks!
SC, I am disappoint.

Last edited:
there appear to be some ships in the photo shown in the phone with some kind of countdown under it
1 - 14 - 20

the text under the first number is shorter than the text under the second number so month - days - year is discarted… it could be days - hours - minutes?

/speculation
It's by how many millions their bank balance has grown due to the kindness of backers.

Wow, Odyssey looks better than I thought!
I also went a bit mad hoovering up the cosmetics in Odyssey...just need those fancy-schmancy suits :rolleyes:

...and by Odin's beard, what is this Arx rubbish infesting the store...did FDev have a seizure when I was away? Thought I'd logged into another Ubisoft game by mistake...

Last edited:
Ahem...

I guess a ship sale happened? 213,000 in just one hour. They'll make half a million from this sale alone. Now, on what basis are CIG ever going to stop doing this? Its just too much easy money.

View attachment 228104

Edit: at 220 dollars a pop that means they sold approx 1000 of those x-wings.

Just goes to show, it doesn't take that many idiots to buy a mansion for a grifter.

yea, tho i honestly don't think these ship sales are brining in as much money as they have in the recent past.

Ok they sold more than a 1000 of these, but sales quickly tailed off, lets see how this coming ship sale goes.

View attachment 228415
Bartender does not serve drinks!
SC, I am disappoint.

EDO has been slated on Steam, i think unjustifiably so, but. Aside from a calamity of disconnects, Orange Sidewinder Errors and horrendous performance, much worse than Star Citizen for something that doesn't look anything like as good it also has a similar collection of minor comedy bugs people keep pointing their finger at Star Citizen for.

Game Development, its not easy :)

Fronter Developments will get this all fixed soon, hopefully.

My video.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Cj2layMmQ&t=899s

Slated or no, it's breaking its concurrent players record.

But this thread is about SC and yesterday alone saw a 10x increase in sales from the previous day, 763k, up from 74k on Wednesday.

The power of marketing to your core audience. Let's not forget this is sales for a ship that is only sold to people that already paid over 1000 USD. Who needs new buyers..

Looks like will be over 500k today too.

Last edited:
I can't imagine Star Citizen ever having a "release" of any kind. That requires scope to be defined for that release. They haven't given any roadmap for the release scope and they iterate on unfinished stuff, nobody knows what the release looks like or what century such a thing might happen. Guess "Done when it's done but if you wouldn't mind paying in advance ta" is the real future of gaming.

I can't imagine Star Citizen ever having a "release" of any kind. That requires scope to be defined for that release. They haven't given any roadmap for the release scope and they iterate on unfinished stuff, nobody knows what the release looks like or what century such a thing might happen. Guess "Done when it's done but if you wouldn't mind paying in advance ta" is the real future of gaming.
A fundamental problem with the way Star Citizen is funded, for as long as it has middle-aged space nerds willing to ram their hand deep in to their pockets where is the incentive to get it done?

I'll tell you what tho, they are getting restless, frustrated with the lack of development.

I never suspected they were dead, I was more convinced that they, and especially Mr Roberts, weren't doing anything to earn their considerable salaries (and other tangential SC-related income). How about a "proof of doing our jobs" photo.
How would that look like?

Because we did have Chris pretending to type code
1621599203970.png

And its not very believable, even less if you check the whole loop

They know it.

Star Citizen pretty much has run its course by now. What we see is skimming off the top and squeezing the teat for what its worth before the cadaver gets rolled into the ditch. Roberts and his gang certainly got all the money they ever wanted plus a hefty bonus, this right now is pure greed. And them continuing doing it suggests that they have all their toys in the dry knowing full well the law cant touch them or their wealth.

I get that success stories are fascinating but this one is for all the wrong reasons, like people who think that satan is a "cool guy" ^^

Attachments

• 1621599251319.png
    1621599251319.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom