Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

While very true, at this moment in time I'm not sure that static server meshing (alone) will resolve the performance problems.

Case in point being the much delayed Theaters of War: it's a separate gamemode, with only one planet and space station on one server, yet has still been plagued by massive performance problems.

That would indicate to me that even having every planet and moon each managed by separate servers - so like 20 servers just for a single "shard" of Stanton alone, excluding multiple instances - isn't enough to get performance to a satisfactory level.

1 vs 1 Arena Commander suffering from desynch suggests the same ay.

Ha, start taking bets now on who. I ...have some ideas.

When Hawk inevitably flips it will be hilarious ;)

Have already seen some fun transitions amongst some of the earlier ED refugees:

Case Study:

😁

While very true, at this moment in time I'm not sure that static server meshing (alone) will resolve the performance problems.

Case in point being the much delayed Theaters of War: it's a separate gamemode, with only one planet and space station on one server, yet has still been plagued by massive performance problems.

That would indicate to me that even having every planet and moon each managed by separate servers - so like 20 servers just for a single "shard" of Stanton alone, excluding multiple instances - isn't enough to get performance to a satisfactory level.

You're probably right, my thinking was also why not just split Stanton into 4 static severs / Shards? one for each planet zone, you're not going to be shooting at anyone on Hurston from ArcCorp.

Last edited:
Well, it rather won't. It will allow CIG to add star systems, though. Better renderer -> more fidelity. Mashing -> more systems / players.
You're probably right, my thinking was also why not just split Stanton into 4 static severs / Shards? one for each planet zone, you're not going to be shooting at anyone on Hurston from ArcCorp.
Cannot wait for people trying to empirically determine where the border between server zones is and then stress the system by having dogfights and whatnot in their viccinity :)

Maybe the constant 32bit to 64bit conversions are a bit much when all the bullets fly.

Well, it rather won't. It will allow CIG to add star systems, though. Better renderer -> more fidelity. Mashing -> more systems / players.

Cannot wait for people trying to empirically determine where the border between server zones is and then stress the system by having dogfights and whatnot in their viccinity :)

I would be disappointed if no one did. :)

They are absolutely ####### determined to do another Xeno this patch.
server-is-fine-burn.gif

Back
Top Bottom