Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

After helping the Valkyrie load up i went back to Jericho to wait for the inevitable Idris attack on the Javelin but had it in the back of my mind that he was carrying Diluthremax which blows up if you QT with it, so you have to run a gauntlet of 600KM on thrusters and Xeno chase you down en rout.

Eventually i saw the tell tell sings of the blue glowing dots in the distance, these are extreme distance thruster signatures, visible from about 100 KM away.
I burned toward them and sure enough while the Valkyrie had not yet got that far down there was a Cutty Black with Xeno right up his exhaust chasing him, i took them on to allow him to get away.
The MSR is a big ol floaty barge, its not for combat with fast agile fighters, it was a bit of a challenge but i took them all out, about 5 of them.
Then headed back where the Idris was battling with us.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SMigeBQ9Xs

Clarification on the CDF Armor perk. You don't have to complete Veteran First Responder, all you have to do is get there.

Yesterday at 22:15

Hey all, I can clarify for this one. (Apologies for the delay, had a coworker draw my attention to this question this morning.)

To obtain the reward, you only need to be within the Veteran First Responder Standing, same as the perks for the various Bounty Hunter reputations. This is (and will be) the case for all reputation perks: if you are in a Standing, you have that Standing's perks (or in the case of this (hopefully) one-time-only hack, you will receive that standing's perks when the event ends).
You do not need to fill the bar.

Sidenote: I checked the values for the Emergency Support scope, it does currently have drift in its standings. It looks like the top tier should drift very slowly. Filling the bar will thus keep you within that standing for longer, though I need to give my standard warning: as the system evolves we may need to occasionally wipe the reputation database throughout alpha.

VwsRuyL.png

Last edited:
A Skeptic's First Steps into Star Citizen
Part Six: Conclusions, Part Two

(Part One)
(Part Two)
(Part Three)
(Part Four)
(Part Five)
(Part Six)

This is a bit later than I’d intended, but here’s my further thoughts on this free fly event. One of the things that stood out to me, once I actually tried to do a basic missions, is how often CIG has reinvented the wheel. Not the good kind of reinvent, in the sense of doing something innovative that improves the player experience, which will inevitably be copied by other game studios. I mean the bad kind of reinvent, where simple things are made needlessly complex.

A some of this may have been the need to work around unimplemented game mechanics, such as the Mustang’s non-functional cargo-container, but most of this was purely a side effect of a level of detail that is, IMO, completely unnecessay for a game at this stage of development. If you haven’t developed cargo containers to the point that they’re functional, why pay artists and animators to create the assets and animations to load and unload them from a ship?

Apparently, enough time has passed that I can’t quite remember what else I was going to say. The joys of getting older, I suspect. Anyways, you’re all soared spared from the Wall of Text. ;)

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
A Skeptic's First Steps into Star Citizen
Part Six: Conclusions, Part Two

(Part One)
(Part Two)
(Part Three)
(Part Four)
(Part Five)
(Part Six)

This is a bit later than I’d intended, but here’s my further thoughts on this free fly event. One of the things that stood out to me, once I actually tried to do a basic missions, is how often CIG has reinvented the wheel. Not the good kind of reinvent, in the sense of doing something innovative that improves the player experience, which will inevitably be copied by other game studios. I mean the bad kind of reinvent, where simple things are made needlessly complex.

A some of this may have been the need to work around unimplemented game mechanics, such as the Mustang’s non-functional cargo-container, but most of this was purely a side effect of a level of detail that is, IMO, completely unnecessay for a game at this stage of development. If you haven’t developed cargo containers to the point that they’re functional, why pay artists and animators to create the assets and animations to load and unload them from a ship?

Apparently, enough time has passed that I can’t quite remember what else I was going to say. The joys of getting older, I suspect. Anyways, you’re all soared from the Wall of Text. ;)
You may enjoy reminiscing about, say, grabby hands then

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
You did realise that article was from 2015? :unsure:

They've still got the grabby hands though...only took them 5 years to make it work...sorta...not that anybody uses it any more, we've got tractor beams instead :D
Nah, the whole grabby hands and cargo, loading etc chapter included many more features than just the "use" thing that have been long since discarded and new features were reconcepted and redone from scratch.

Nah, the whole grabby hands and cargo, loading etc chapter included many more features than just the "use" thing that have been long since discarded and new features were reconcepted and redone from scratch.

I do know this...since I've played the game and roughly followed the development since back when grabby hands was the amazing 'never been done before' feature of the moment :D

There are some that even though they've never played the game, still follow every nuance of the development closer than the most ardent of fan boys :whistle:

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I do know this...since I've played the game and roughly followed the development since back when grabby hands was the amazing 'never been done before' feature of the moment :D

There are some that even though they've never played the game, still follow every nuance of the development closer than the most ardent of fan boys :whistle:

Seems you are a bit jumpy today mate. Relax. It was all some tongue in cheek about the

... once I actually tried to do a basic missions, is how often CIG has reinvented the wheel. Not the good kind of reinvent, in the sense of doing something innovative that improves the player experience, which will inevitably be copied by other game studios. I mean the bad kind of reinvent, where simple things are made needlessly complex.

that I quoted about, not about your BDEITGE (your best damned expertise in the game ever). Absolutely nothing to do with "nuances" of the development, but about just one more example of the numerous, public and notorious SC´s baiting and switching. The list is long by now, and many millions have been pledged over those baits. You dont really need to go to "nuances" or play the game to see them. They are in plain view.

Last edited:
Seems you are a bit jumpy today mate. Relax. It was all some tongue in cheek about the

that I quoted about, not about your BDEITGE (your best damned expertise in the game ever). Absolutely nothing to do with "nuances" of the development, but about just one more example of the numerous, public and notorious SC´s baiting and switching. The list is long by now, and many millions have been pledged over those baits. You dont really need to go to "nuances" or play the game to see them. They are in plain view.
You quoted my post direct 🤷‍♂️....but anyway, you're reading way too much angst into my post ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom