Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

This "problem" has been solved countless times. It's trivial for professionals. Just like "does the computer know my mouseclick was in this special area".
Not to pile up but I agree with Intrepid here.
Doors are hard for every professional.

I know dozens of game industry devs with more than 20 years of experience and there's a general agreement that "F**k doors".
They are hard to make right.

If you're ok with having s***ty doors in your game sure, you can do them fast....

I'll say that maybe doors can cause issues, but there again, so can lots of things.

However, it is in line with CIG's modus operandi to try and make everything sound hard.

EYxEOJhTTYSeojyCFGGbl6U-LNMlfnrpA0FO9PbpUfU.png

On the one hand, i can understand the desire for decent length travel times.. or at least in ED where you have some agency as you travel. Not so sure about SC.

But telling the devs to not do stuff to make the game popular, that's funny. Especially since the game can't run on charity forever. They are going to need a good sized playerbase to keep the lights on at CIG, enough people to keep buying the game, the UEC, and possibly whatever other monetization schemes CIG use post-release.
“CIG please know there is a huge group of people who love the core aspects of the game as you have it so far…”

What..??? Did I miss a CIG’s poll or something? how does this person know that kind of stuff?

edit: maybe this person’s org did a poll about that?

“CIG please know there is a huge group of people who love the core aspects of the game as you have it so far…”

What..??? Did I miss a CIG’s poll or something? how does this person know that kind of stuff?

edit: maybe this person’s org did a poll about that?
Man, I despise the CIG General forums. Specifically because of threads like this. Every new announcement brings a circlejerk of old backers gatekeeping any opinions about their holy grail game. It's so exhausting.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Not to pile up but I agree with Intrepid here.
Doors are hard for every professional.

I know dozens of game industry devs with more than 20 years of experience and there's a general agreement that "F**k doors".
They are hard to make right.

If you're ok with having s***ty doors in your game sure, you can do them fast....
Did all of those take 10+ years, 400 millions in funding and still not manage? Heck, let’s put SpaceX guys on the case!

So we're 13 months away from CIG's 10 year anniversary for their kickstarter. How strange is that.

It explains why Squadron 42 is once again the focus, they are looking to release the game on their anniversary or maybe just before that date.

Chris being back on board is certain to help them achieve it.

So we're 13 months away from CIG's 10 year anniversary for their kickstarter. How strange is that.

It explains why Squadron 42 is once again the focus, they are looking to release the game on their anniversary or maybe just before that date.

Chris being back on board is certain to help them achieve it.

I'd totally believe that is their current internal deadline.

Squadron 42 - 10th anniversary edition! (beta)

Man, I despise the CIG General forums. Specifically because of threads like this. Every new announcement brings a circlejerk of old backers gatekeeping any opinions about their holy grail game. It's so exhausting.
Well at some point we all become old backers but it wouldn’t be so bad if they at least back their claims with some proof and understand that, unless CIG does a poll and release the results, we can’t not know for sure what the majority of SC’s players want… and even if CIG does that (though they wont) they will be at fault for trying to narrow down gameplay after promising so many types of gameplay/features during kickstarter (and subsequent years).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom