Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

With the new inventory layout, it would make sense to stockpile items in some secret hideaway on a planet or moon. This is a workaround for personal inventory limitations.

What I'm wondering is how many items players can put out on a celestial body before it becomes overloaded and glitches out of the system completely.

I know, I know, you can drop that coffee mug and leave it for a year, and anyone can arrive at that location to find it. But we've also seen golf carts vibrating and exploding out of existence, which is why I kind of want to see this put to the test.

Are you suggesting a whole planet might clip through the system?!

With the new inventory layout, it would make sense to stockpile items in some secret hideaway on a planet or moon. This is a workaround for personal inventory limitations.

What I'm wondering is how many items players can put out on a celestial body before it becomes overloaded and glitches out of the system completely.

I know, I know, you can drop that coffee mug and leave it for a year, and anyone can arrive at that location to find it. But we've also seen golf carts vibrating and exploding out of existence, which is why I kind of want to see this put to the test.
All the current items in the personal inventory as it is now...including ship upgrades not already fitted to a ship etc... are to be stored in your personal hangar. It's to bring the personal hangars every ship comes with when purchased, online. That said, I can't remember if the hangars are coming online with 3.15, it may be later.

On first login to 3.15, you'll be asked to chose and confirm your spawn location, not only for placement of your hangar(s) but as a hospital respawn location should you die. Personal equipment such as armour or weapons and ammunition can also be permanently stored in any of your ships. The downside to that is if you die and your ship is destroyed, you'll lose it all.

All paid for personal armour sets and the like will be restocked automatically at your hangar, stuff bought in game will be lost and need to be repurchased with aUEC in game....either that or you fly out, find your corpse and assuming nobody has robbed it, pick up all the gear you were carrying when you died.

Last edited:
All the current items in the personal inventory as it is now...including ship upgrades etc... are to be stored in your personal hangar. It's to bring the personal hangars every ship comes with when purchased. online. On first login to 3.15, you'll be asked to chose and confirm your spawn location, not only for placement of your hangar(s) but as a hospital respawn location should you die. Personal equipment such as armour or weapons and ammunition can also be permanently stored in any of your ships. The downside to that is if you die and your ship is destroyed, you'll lose it all.

All paid for personal armour sets and the like will be restocked automatically at your hangar, stuff bought in game will be lost and need to be repurchased with aUEC in game....either that or you fly out, find your corpse and assuming nobody has robbed it, pick up all the gear you were carrying when you died.
So not unlike other games where, if I die, I can locate my corpse and reclaim my inventory - or at the very least, those items that made my wallet lighter in the process.

I just keep going back to the game bugging out when there were too many items in a particular room, or (and I'm guessing here because I know nothing about game development) instance. I'm just trying to get a feel for how persistence and instancing are going to function after the latest patch if someone (or many someones) just dump a lot of items in one spot. (Also, I'll be darned if I'm going to install SC and try it out for myself - my internet provider is kind of slow-rolling "hurricane recovery" and I can barely load a YouTube video right now.)

So not unlike other games where, if I die, I can locate my corpse and reclaim my inventory - or at the very least, those items that made my wallet lighter in the process.

I just keep going back to the game bugging out when there were too many items in a particular room, or (and I'm guessing here because I know nothing about game development) instance. I'm just trying to get a feel for how persistence and instancing are going to function after the latest patch if someone (or many someones) just dump a lot of items in one spot. (Also, I'll be darned if I'm going to install SC and try it out for myself - my internet provider is kind of slow-rolling "hurricane recovery" and I can barely load a YouTube video right now.)
I've no doubt that the whole thing will be a complete clusterfarce when it's brought in :D

All the current items in the personal inventory as it is now...including ship upgrades not already fitted to a ship etc... are to be stored in your personal hangar. It's to bring the personal hangars every ship comes with when purchased, online. That said, I can't remember if the hangars are coming online with 3.15, it may be later.

On first login to 3.15, you'll be asked to chose and confirm your spawn location, not only for placement of your hangar(s) but as a hospital respawn location should you die. Personal equipment such as armour or weapons and ammunition can also be permanently stored in any of your ships. The downside to that is if you die and your ship is destroyed, you'll lose it all.

Persistent spawn locations are in 3.15 with the inventory changes.

Persistent hanger in 3.17 (Q1 2022)

ssJCRys.jpg

What are "persistent" hangars and spawn locations?

It means we get permanent hangers in the PU where we can store all our stuff's and extend our cargo storage capacity for trading.

This will be added to persistent spawn locations (next patch) where we can allocate a hab to ourselves, it then becomes our home where we can also store our gear, what we store in our ships also becomes persistent.

It means we get permanent hangers in the PU where we can store all our stuff's and extend our cargo storage capacity for trading.

This will be added to persistent spawn locations (next patch) where we can allocate a hab to ourselves, it then becomes our home where we can also store our gear, what we store in our ships also becomes persistent.
You don't have inventories in the PU? Every login you start from scratch?

While the concept is neat, a game has to be really robust for this to end up being an enjoyable rather than frustrating experience. I feel this is the kind of 'sauce' best added at the end of development, or at least closer to a 1.0...

You don't have inventories in the PU? Every login you start from scratch?

Yes we do, but everything is stored in our backpacks (everything)
The habs we spawn in are random and once we leave its no longer ours, we also can't sore anything in habs, we don't own any hangers in PU and while what we leave on our ships is persistent they don't have a proper inventory system, you just kinda leave things laying around in the ship and they stay there.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom