Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Just an update on the Free Fly Event… the update I needed to install before playing is down to just over 400 MB to download, and it’s now measuring download speeds in the tens of KB/s, sometimes climbing to three digits. And it’s not at my end, I tested that when I got home. At least it’s not kilo-bits per second…

Just an update on the Free Fly Event… the update I needed to install before playing is down to just over 400 MB to download, and it’s now measuring download speeds in the tens of KB/s, sometimes climbing to three digits. And it’s not at my end, I tested that when I got home. At least it’s not kilo-bits per second…

It's a delta patcher. The patch size is 400 MB, but the fileset to patch is 65+ GB. So the load is CPU- and I/O-bound, but not network-bound.

It's a delta patcher. The patch size is 400 MB, but the fileset to patch is 65+ GB. So the load is CPU- and I/O-bound, but not network-bound.
For some reason, after its first attempt to patch it failed, the darn thing decided to download the entire 50+ GB of files. And its most certainly a problem at their end. Nobody else I've connected to and tested it with is having bandwidth issues, only CIG.

edit: and it's academic anyways. It's finally finished and ready to play... five minutes before I leave for work. :(

The way for CIG to spin this would be to say something like ToW would reach a wider audience, generate additional funds so they could deliver SQ42 and SC "sooner rather than later" (as per the infamous polls, and yes I'm keeping a straight face while typing this), and capture a portion of the console audience to show them the wonders of PC gaming. (Or, more realistically, to fulfill obligations as per some agreement they had with the Calders.)

But the way mods are shutting down discussion on Spectrum, that very well could be because it's going to be a CitCon reveal (or an "I absolve myself" video, whichever comes first).

EDIT: I initially cited The Pledge, which was about treating backers with the same respect as a publisher, complete with communication about major decisions. Ooops.
When you remember how things went with his last publisher, I'd say he's treating the backers with the same respect, to be fair.

Hv65glR.png

This could become a problem before the game is released.

The drama on Spectrum over the voting continues.

Its really funny.

For sure, CIG messed up allowing non-paying accounts to vote. Apparently there isn't even email verification, so you can just make throwaway accounts with false email addresses.

CIG never fail to entertain.

The drama on Spectrum over the voting continues.

Its really funny.

For sure, CIG messed up allowing non-paying accounts to vote. Apparently there isn't even email verification, so you can just make throwaway accounts with false email addresses.

CIG never fail to entertain.
What's being "voted" on? Some smoke and mirrors to suggest they have a say in something? They don't.

Top Bottom