Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Nice picture of a guild navigator who guides ships in the galaxy.

He tried to walk away, failed, stuck to the vision and spread the real game to the whole galaxy ;)
I can't tell if you made it to the end of Dune Messiah, or if you're projecting things onto Chris.

If you go back 20 years, Microsoft helped Chris walk away. Frank Herbert didn't need a Deus Ex Machina to do that for Paul. He's just selling the same failed vision in a new era. Like many philosophies based on apologetics. (Damn it all! Where is MTBFritz to go in-depth on ecclesiastics when I need him?)

I can't tell if you made it to the end of Dune Messiah, or if you're projecting things onto Chris.

If you go back 20 years, Microsoft helped Chris walk away. Frank Herbert didn't need a Deus Ex Machina to do that for Paul. He's just selling the same failed vision in a new era. Like many philosophies based on apologetics. (Damn it all! Where is MTBFritz to go in-depth on ecclesiastics when I need him?)
Apolowhat?

Apolowhat?
It's like a derivative of asceticism - feeling good about feeling bad. Basically, by putting yourself through trials and tribulations, but holding onto belief, you will be rewarded.

Like Job, or "Answer the Call," or any of the 10 for the Chairman episodes.

The logical dissonance lies in saying Chris Roberts is an optimist who overestimates, so you can't believe what he says, while plucking out statements by Chris Roberts/CIG/RSI to tell naysayers that the project is still on track and that all of this was planned.

Me when I see all these boringly overcomplicated "rule-of-cool" aspects of CIG designs:

robot-arm.gif

It's like a derivative of asceticism - feeling good about feeling bad. Basically, by putting yourself through trials and tribulations, but holding onto belief, you will be rewarded.

Like Job, or "Answer the Call," or any of the 10 for the Chairman episodes.

The logical dissonance lies in saying Chris Roberts is an optimist who overestimates, so you can't believe what he says, while plucking out statements by Chris Roberts/CIG/RSI to tell naysayers that the project is still on track and that all of this was planned.
I cannot dissect from "apologise" root and apologists always sound like they did something wrong and are now going on a spree to excuse themselves.

I cannot dissect from "apologise" root and apologists always sound like they did something wrong and are now going on a spree to excuse themselves.
Basically, you apologize for your own mistakes before passive-aggressively criticizing the powers that be, while simultaneously making excuses for them.

For example:

"Golden Ticket holder here. I've been a Chris Roberts fan since the Wing Commander days. I'm a Concierge backer who has every faith that this project will be better than any AAA game to date. But, what if they can't achieve true server meshing? What if they can't deliver on their promises and we all just keep clipping through the world while we're riding on trains, or what if they can't increase server capacity above 50 people? Is that a moral failing on my part? Is CIG really less than perfect? I mean, I know development started in 2011 (or before) but it seems like we can reset the clock to when 3.0 was released. Would buying an Idris bring them (and me, by proxy) closer to perfection? I will self-flagellate and spread the word of Roberts on other sites/comment sections/forums despite rational criticism. I will bear that weight."

Basically, you apologize for your own mistakes before passive-aggressively criticizing the powers that be, while simultaneously making excuses for them.

For example:

"Golden Ticket holder here. I've been a Chris Roberts fan since the Wing Commander days. I'm a Concierge backer who has every faith that this project will be better than any AAA game to date. But, what if they can't achieve true server meshing? What if they can't deliver on their promises and we all just keep clipping through the world while we're riding on trains, or what if they can't increase server capacity above 50 people? Is that a moral failing on my part? Is CIG really less than perfect? I mean, I know development started in 2011 (or before) but it seems like we can reset the clock to when 3.0 was released. Would buying an Idris bring them (and me, by proxy) closer to perfection? I will self-flagellate and spread the word of Roberts on other sites/comment sections/forums despite rational criticism. I will bear that weight."
But spreading that word and weight does nothing else than - beyond being mildly entertaining - contribute to the dumbification of the general public. The scams and lies of yore were more limited. Today via internet the reach of nollocks, fraud and idocy is unlimited.

But spreading that word and weight does nothing else than - beyond being mildly entertaining - contribute to the dumbification of the general public. The scams and lies of yore were more limited. Today via internet the reach of nollocks, fraud and idocy is unlimited.
Welcome to the world of closed communities. You can apply it to religion, AmWay, video games, or anything you want.

(But to truly get to the next level, you need to buy an Idris, and don't forget to tell everyone else about your referral code!)

Top Bottom