Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

For Christ's sake.........look, from what I have seen, (and sadly over nearly a decade that's quite a lot), CIG have done nothing, NOTHING, N.O.T.H.I.N.G....that has not been done previously. I honestly CBA to haul it out but check out vids from I-Novae studios from 2013 for the originally intended 'Infinity' game, look at Elite Dangerous, and No Mans Sky and Subnautica and countless other titles. It has all, ALL been done before by someone, somewhere. Can the faithful please stop it with this messiah manure of 'oh Chris invented this', 'CIG were the first to do this'. You know why? because nothing has been invented that bloody works so it isn't bloody invented. Ship to planet uncut? - sure if you don't mind falling through every third planet, your ship traversing to a new dimension with your stuffz with alarming regularity or quite frankly Citizenalia frankly just not working in any multitude of horrendous ways. Newsflash Robertsians, to this point the only thing Jebus H Roberts has achieved is a fatter bank balance and a buggy Alpha......sadly both also done before. Now as you can probably tell from the tone I've had a bad day at work and now need to chill the frak out!

obi meme.jpg

For Christ's sake.........look, from what I have seen, (and sadly over nearly a decade that's quite a lot), CIG have done nothing, NOTHING, N.O.T.H.I.N.G....that has not been done previously. I honestly CBA to haul it out but check out vids from I-Novae studios from 2013 for the originally intended 'Infinity' game, look at Elite Dangerous, and No Mans Sky and Subnautica and countless other titles. It has all, ALL been done before by someone, somewhere. Can the faithful please stop it with this messiah manure of 'oh Chris invented this', 'CIG were the first to do this'. You know why? because nothing has been invented that bloody works so it isn't bloody invented. Ship to planet uncut? - sure if you don't mind falling through every third planet, your ship traversing to a new dimension with your stuffz with alarming regularity or quite frankly Citizenalia frankly just not working in any multitude of horrendous ways. Newsflash Robertsians, to this point the only thing Jebus H Roberts has achieved is a fatter bank balance and a buggy Alpha......sadly both also done before. Now as you can probably tell from the tone I've had a bad day at work and now need to chill the frak out!

View attachment 279161
Oh come on! Certain parts have been done before, but it's not all been mashed into a singular experience before. Plus, I've not phased through a planet since 3.11 :D

And has it all been mashed together now/yet? - clearly not.
It has? Cities on fully landable planets, all walkable. Ship Interiors, trading, mining, refining, combat, missions. It's pretty mashed together if you ask me. What game does all of those things?

Even If I'm first, there are no starports built in my name there, no earth likes are settled, nothing happens with the system. It stays the same, only with my CMDR name showing under the system and planets that I "discovered". Cant interact with them in any meaningful way, can't build a base.

So, just like Star Citizen then!

View attachment 279161
But let's take a look at the variety of space games that have been developed and released since SC started development. NMS (horrible release, but they've been making good on claims since the outrage), Empyrion, X4, Destiny 2, Starbase (yeah, I know, not "officially" released), Prosperous Universe (same thing), AFF, and others - and while no single game really ticks all the boxes (for me, anyway), it's hard to say that there wasn't a renewed interest in space games once teams saw how much of the market share CIG were carving out for themselves.

So I definitely think Chris saved PC gaming in that respect - to keep in line with your Star Wars metaphor - "from a certain point of view."

It has? Cities on fully landable planets, all walkable. Ship Interiors, trading, mining, refining, combat, missions. It's pretty mashed together if you ask me. What game does all of those things?

Here you go again, Shrodinger's game, it exists yet it does not.

If this tech is all there and complete, (that has been done before btw), why is you beloved game in perma-alpha? Here's a clue, the tech isn't complete which is why you are in Alpha still....after a decade.....seriously?

But let's take a look at the variety of space games that have been developed and released since SC started development. NMS (horrible release, but they've been making good on claims since the outrage), Empyrion, X4, Destiny 2, Starbase (yeah, I know, not "officially" released), Prosperous Universe (same thing), AFF, and others - and while no single game really ticks all the boxes (for me, anyway), it's hard to say that there wasn't a renewed interest in space games once teams saw how much of the market share CIG were carving out for themselves.

So I definitely think Chris saved PC gaming in that respect - to keep in line with your Star Wars metaphor - "from a certain point of view."

And those titles wouldn't have released without SC extracting urine from the gaming industry for a decade? - what are you saying?

Here you go again, Shrodinger's game, it exists yet it does not.

If this tech is all there and complete, (that has been done before btw), why is you beloved game in perma-alpha? Here's a clue, the tech isn't complete which is why you are in Alpha still....after a decade.....seriously?
I mean, it exists. I can play it. That's what I regard as an existing game. The basic tech is done, they've not said its in Alpha because of that. Here's a question, if they released it in the state its at right now, would that make for a good game? Hell no it wont. It's still missing ships, gameplay loops, other systems etc.

I don't care about the "perma alpha" tag anyway. I play it for what it is. Will it release? Nobody knows! But I think it's cool what's already there.

I mean, it exists. I can play it. That's what I regard as an existing game. The basic tech is done, they've not said its in Alpha because of that. Here's a question, if they released it in the state its at right now, would that make for a good game? Hell no it wont. It's still missing ships, gameplay loops, other systems etc.

I don't care about the "perma alpha" tag anyway. I play it for what it is. Will it release? Nobody knows! But I think it's cool what's already there.

It is a cool, fairly expanded alpha, it can look stunning there is no doubt. But it quite clearly isn't 'all meshed together' Ebob because if it was it wouldn't be a buggy, important game loop missing mess that it is.

And those titles wouldn't have released without SC extracting urine from the gaming industry for a decade? - what are you saying?
Not just the industry, but classic sci-fi IPs spanning decades (and also Sanrio for a little bit). He was just brazen enough to take up the mythic "great man" sword to fill his coffers. Now, whether he knew he was writing checks with his wavy hands that his skills couldn't cash will be up for debate, and have been for a decade.

It is a cool, fairly expanded alpha, it can look stunning there is no doubt. But it quite clearly isn't 'all meshed together' Ebob because if it was it wouldn't be a buggy, important game loop missing mess that it is.
The basic tech is meshed together. That's a fact. Ship Interiors, Cities, Planets work.

Roberts has not saved PC gaming. Him and his cronies have done more damage to crowd funding than Ouya or any other Kickstarter that failed to live it up to its hype.

He and his cronies are little more than crooks and are enabled by backers either actively supporting them or turning a blind eye to their highly questionable practices because "I am only interested in the game"

Top Bottom